Queen Sonja's Fashion and Style Part 1: April 2004 - March 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, the Queen looks very nice here. It's a great coat, I also like the boots and the hat looks lovely!

The hat is my favorite part of the ensemble!

Queen Sonja looks lovely here. This fur coat is amazing - thumbs up!!

I like the fur coat but I feel she could have paired it with something else.

Monic your first picture is of PML, not Sonja, which is confusing as I mixed them up! Sonja looked wonderful- love her outfit!
Sorry for this impression, but I didn't find a better side view of the whole ensemble. :)

The gown itself is pretty, but doesn't look good in these photos, not enough regal. The suit is much more better, I like the color and how it going with jewelery.

I was among those who disliked the lacey gown, but somehow I find it lovely in these photos. Perhaps the previous pictures (Victoria's wedding, if I remember right?) were unfortunate, I don't know how to explain it. The soft yellow suit was very elegant, the jewellery was stunning - Q Sonja looked wonderful in these portraits, IMO!! :flowers:

I like more the yellow suit
So do I :flowers:. But I'd advice her not to mix pendants with necklaces - she should have chosen either the one with the heart or the thicker necklace.
The simple costume and its hue are very flattering though.

I don't know what's with the Queen and yellow but that is just not her color.
She needs to let it go.

Well, Sonja really seems to love that gown. I actually like the top half of the dress on Sonja, it's the ruffles that get me.

I don't know what's with the Queen and yellow but that is just not her color.
She needs to let it go.
I disagree. Imo yellow looks quite good on her (apart from one certain yellow dress ;)).

Some of the Queen's yellow looks (including a picture of the yellow nightmare :D )
Picture

Last edited:
The bright yellow looks okay...but the pale yellow is blah!

The Yeti boots make me smile - very big and very furry. :lol:

Her Majesty, in America we say sweater, although I think the British do say pullover. ;)

The Yeti boots make me smile - very big and very furry. :lol:

Her Majesty, in America we say sweater, although I think the British do say pullover. ;)

I'm a American so I could be wrong but dont' the British also say jumper?

I think they do - in fact I think they say that more often than pullover - but of course I'm an American too. :flowers:

Wow those boots are huge!! I want me some. :D

I know. ;)

What I meant was: is there a special name for this kind of pullover Queen Sonja was wearing?
Here in Germany this kind of pullover is called "Norweger Pullover" (so, Norwegian pullover).
Norweger Pullover

Oh, okay. ;) We just call them Norwegian sweaters (and I guess the British might say Norwegian pullovers) - so an exact translation of what the Germans call them. ;)

Love the color...she should get rid of that Freddy Krueger hat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom