Queen Sofia's Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2006 - January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the outfits are lovely. And I can't help but say that I love her jewelry. Her bracelets especially wonderful.

BARCELONA, SPAIN - JULY 02: Queen Sofia of Spain and Prince Felipe of Spain (L) attend a conference with Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Muhammad Yunus (R) at the Barcelona Business School on July 2, 2010 in Barcelona, Spain.

Outfit Side

The shoes are awful but I think she has problems with her feet so I can understand that this pair must be comfortable. And I like that her fan matches the rest of the outfit.

The gown is definitely Valentino, many of Sofia's evening gowns were real Valentino, not copies from Margarita Nuez. You can tell the difference by looking at the fabrics. The Spanish designers can copy the style, but somehow they don't have the exquisite fabrics of some of the top designers in the world, for example, Valentino, Eli Saab and etc.

BARCELONA, SPAIN - JULY 02: Queen Sofia of Spain and Prince Felipe of Spain (L) attend a conference with Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Muhammad Yunus (R) at the Barcelona Business School on July 2, 2010 in Barcelona, Spain.

Outfit Side

The shoes are awful but I think she has problems with her feet so I can understand that this pair must be comfortable. And I like that her fan matches the rest of the outfit.

This is not her best look IMO. The floral outfit looks old-fashioned and the shoes quite odd indeed.;)

04-07-2010 Madrid Queen Sofia pose for the media before the dinner with the President of the Syrian Arab Republic, Mr. Bashar Al-Assad and Mrs. Asma Al-Assad at the Zarzuela palace in Madrid.
Outfit

The length of the skirt is awkward I don't like today's look

^ This suit is two sizes bigger and you're right, the skirt could be shorter. But it's not an ugly suit. ;)

I think it's a lovely suit. I like the contrast of the satin-looking jacket and lacey skirt.

06-07-2010 Madrid King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia attended the audience with painter and sculptor Agustin Ibarraloa Goicoechea and his wife, Mari Luz, at Palacio de la Zarzuela in Madrid.

Outfit
Pic2 Detail Shoes

She looks really nice (again, the jacket could have been a size smaller). Now don't tell me she has started wearing platforms, like her daughter-in-law...:blink:

:ROFLMAO:

Until she starts wearing double platform shoes I reserve my judgement :cool:

Although this shoes are quite ugly imo.

The vest looks to big for her, the entire look is oke.

The shoes are nice but not with that outfitt!

I don't like the jacket design, with the two wholes in.
The colour is sort of nice.
The shoes are good though.

Queen Sofia has visited Spanish players after their victory over Germany during the South Africa World Cup.

Outfit Detail

Sofia looks very nice in the red and yellow colors.

Aaaaand THAT is how one cheers for your team in a classy, elegant, age apropiate look!

Queen Sofia at the traditional National Tribute to Apostle Santiago held at the Santiago de Compostela's Cathedral in Galicia, Northwest Spain, 25 July 2010.

Outfit Detail

What a beautiful outfit. The material looks like taffetta.

I like the beige suit with the mantilla. She combined them very well, as always!

I've always liked Spanish mantillas. Her Majesty looks very pretty with it. The outfit & mantilla go very well together!

I like the Spanish mantilla too. It adds to the regal look, and a person's height. ;)

It's quite a regal outfit. Together with the black mantilla the suit looks classy!

Queen Sofia clumsy?

Hi, any and all. Didn't know where to address this but it seemed most appropriate here.

I've never thought Queen Sofia was particularly pretty...not ugly, just not pretty...and she has worn some hideous gala gowns before (particularly in the late 1970s and most of the 1980s), but to me she always seems (especially lately) very elegant and styled very nicely, particularly when wearing suits. My image of her was always graceful and elegant.

Then at the Swedish royal wedding last month, she stumbled while walking with Queen Beatrix to the church. It was only slight, and many may not have even noticed as they were rather far from the camera at the time.

Then I remembered another occasion and did some research. On at least TWO other occasions, Queen Sofia has had worse physical grace.

1. At the Spanish Armed Forces Day on May 30 of this year, she stumbled and nearly fell down on the podium where she and King JC stand. She would have fallen if both her husband and son hadn't caught and steadied her. That made me think it might be because she is getting older....BUT:

2. Over ten years ago, while on a state visit to the USA visiting President and Mrs. Clinton, Queen Sofia actually FELL DOWN while climbing the steps at the entrance to the White House where Bill & Hillary Clinton were standing. I don't think she was laid out or anything but she definitely took a knee and Pres. Clinton had to help her up.

Some of you who are more familiar with her may know...is Queen Sofia somewhat clumsy? She doesn't seem to wear exceptionally high heels, and even though these are only three instances I found, it at least shows a history if not a pattern.

Thanks for any information.

Rascal

Hi, any and all. Didn't know where to address this but it seemed most appropriate here.

I've seen different photos of Queen Sofia falling or stumbling in some occasions, but I don't think that is a matter of clumsiness and I also don't think that this is because of her shoes... Though I don't have any other explanation, it may be the age... The fact is that Queen Sofia isn't getting any younger, and older people tend to fall down... (But I'm not saying that she has some kind of problem)

On Victoria's wedding, I believe it was for the dress, because it had that detail on the front.
On May 30th, I guess she was just distracted waving and missed the podium.
On that visit to the USA, I have no explanation. I think that also on May in a prizes' delivery the Queen also stumbled. Some years ago, the Queen also fell down and I think it was due to the skirt that was a little longer..

Well, about the clothes in the 80's... I guess that on those years almost anything was pretty ugly, Rascal ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo/0808/fotos-media/espana-reyes-eeuu-reyes-eeuu-00$599x0.jpg

With Michelle and Sasha Obama.

I've never thought Queen Sofia was particularly pretty...not ugly, just not pretty...and she has worn some hideous gala gowns before (particularly in the late 1970s and most of the 1980s), but to me she always seems (especially lately) very elegant and styled very nicely, particularly when wearing suits. My image of her was always graceful and elegant.

Rascal

Here's an article about the both falls.
Oops I did it again! Spain's Queen Sofia stumbles, evoking memories of White House slip | Mail Online

I don't think she is "clumsy" both incidents just look like loss of balance for a few seconds.

Well tripping is something that happens to the best of us. Unfortunately for Queen Sofia hers will be documented since she's the Queen of Spain and is well known.

Interesting, original are the only words I can find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom