The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #361  
Old 12-23-2010, 01:12 PM
monic's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: -, Poland
Posts: 1,719
The Queen during yesterday's match:
Pict 1 ** Pict 2

The Queen at the religious ceremony today
Pic 1 ** Pict 2
__________________

__________________
  #362  
Old 12-24-2010, 11:26 AM
NoorMeansLight's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,969
^ Both suits look very elegant and appropriate for the occasions. Q.Sofia looks very well lately.
__________________

__________________
With passion and poetry...
  #363  
Old 12-29-2010, 09:42 PM
Opal's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Coastal, Ireland
Posts: 2,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by monic View Post
The Queen during yesterday's match:
Pict 1 ** Pict 2

The Queen at the religious ceremony today
Pic 1 ** Pict 2
The purple suit is lovely - nice colour.
The grey suit is nice but the jacket seems ill-fitting (slightly too big).
__________________
  #364  
Old 12-30-2010, 02:54 PM
Dierna23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: -, Germany
Posts: 3,588
I prefer the purple suit, it is nice to see some color. She looks elegant in both suits, IMO.
__________________
  #365  
Old 12-30-2010, 03:10 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,536
Queen Sofia hardly gets it completely wrong, ever. She wears "uniform": professional, timeless, more or less same hairdo for ages, with a personal style (eg Xmas Tree-like jewellery) that people can like or dislike but that doesnt affect or dominate the appearance. Queen Sofia has achieved that when people talk about her its about the event and what she was doing there, not about how she looked or what she was wearing. For a woman, thats the ultimate form of respect, substance beating the shallowness of fashion and style. Very much like her daughter Elena, Sofia is not a beauty, especially not among today's generic or ever-changing faces but manages to captivate with personality or character.
__________________
  #366  
Old 12-30-2010, 03:19 PM
Sternchen's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: xxx, Germany
Posts: 1,284
Really? I remember some outfits from this year, that were definetly dominating her...

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Dec2010/PPE10120109.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Nov2010/PPE10112511.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Sep2010/PPE10092203.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Aug2010/PPE10082459.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2010/PPE10011421.jpg
__________________
  #367  
Old 12-30-2010, 03:22 PM
monic's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: -, Poland
Posts: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
This one is not to my liking - too flamboyant...
__________________
  #368  
Old 12-30-2010, 03:32 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,536
... as I said:
with a personal style (eg Xmas Tree-like jewellery) that people can like or dislike but that doesnt affect or dominate the appearance.

I dislike some of the outfits myself (especially the pyjama wear) but still find them always appropriate, dressed to the occasion and nothing that would be commented on in the usual style or fashion magazines, not even in Hola!
__________________
  #369  
Old 12-30-2010, 03:47 PM
Sternchen's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: xxx, Germany
Posts: 1,284
You wrote "doesn't affect or dominate the appearance", and this is where I disagree
__________________
  #370  
Old 12-30-2010, 07:20 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Queen Sofia hardly gets it completely wrong, ever. She wears "uniform": professional, timeless, more or less same hairdo for ages, with a personal style (eg Xmas Tree-like jewellery) that people can like or dislike but that doesnt affect or dominate the appearance. Queen Sofia has achieved that when people talk about her its about the event and what she was doing there, not about how she looked or what she was wearing. For a woman, thats the ultimate form of respect, substance beating the shallowness of fashion and style. Very much like her daughter Elena, Sofia is not a beauty, especially not among today's generic or ever-changing faces but manages to captivate with personality or character.
Neither event or style has been talked much in the press, simply because she is an old lady, not much interest out there. If Letizia showed up in Valentino coutures or Oscar de La Renta clothes like her MIL, you think the media wouldn't be talking about her foregin designer clothes, her extravagant style ?
__________________
  #371  
Old 12-31-2010, 08:34 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Neither event or style has been talked much in the press, simply because she is an old lady, not much interest out there. If Letizia showed up in Valentino coutures or Oscar de La Renta clothes like her MIL, you think the media wouldn't be talking about her foregin designer clothes, her extravagant style ?
It doesnt need designer clothes to have the media talking about what Letizia is wearing. They dont talk about much else.

Sofia's choices are always classic and good quality style and a good example that there is no need for designer clothes in order to achieve that.
__________________
  #372  
Old 12-31-2010, 08:55 AM
NoorMeansLight's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Queen Sofia hardly gets it completely wrong, ever. She wears "uniform": professional, timeless, more or less same hairdo for ages, with a personal style (eg Xmas Tree-like jewellery) that people can like or dislike but that doesnt affect or dominate the appearance. Queen Sofia has achieved that when people talk about her its about the event and what she was doing there, not about how she looked or what she was wearing. For a woman, thats the ultimate form of respect, substance beating the shallowness of fashion and style. Very much like her daughter Elena, Sofia is not a beauty, especially not among today's generic or ever-changing faces but manages to captivate with personality or character.
Excellent post. I had read an article once about women that choose NOT to change their looks. They didn't mention royal women, mostly actresses (Catherine Deneuve, for example) and I was impressed by the author's observations. These women become iconic, but it's always their strong personality that shines through. I believe Q Sofia belongs to this category of women, along with many other royal ladies (QEII, Q Beatrix, Diana, to name a few).
__________________
With passion and poetry...
  #373  
Old 12-31-2010, 06:48 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
It doesnt need designer clothes to have the media talking about what Letizia is wearing. They dont talk about much else.

Sofia's choices are always classic and good quality style and a good example that there is no need for designer clothes in order to achieve that.
There were plenty of articles in the media on the events attended by Letizia and not about the clothes, I'm 100% sure much more than the events attended by her MIL. Of course, the events themselves are not the interest of the tabloids or message boards, the main interest is always gossips or clothes (message boards).

Sofia wore many Valentino coutures at night, day time many of her clothes were specially made for her by Margarita Neuz, she also wore suits from Oscar de la Renta, Escada, Chanel. She probably spent more money on clothes than other European queen consorts. It's not valid to say she didn't wear designer clothes. It might be able to achieve to what you said, however it's not Sofia, she did wear lots of foreign designer clothes. Diana was a better example of dressing well and promoting the designers of her own country, but she had been seen as a clothes horse only until the last few year before she died.
Had Letizia worn the same clothes like her MIL, I'm sure there would be showers of criticism in Spain on her extravagant lifestyle, absolutely double standards out there.
__________________
  #374  
Old 01-01-2011, 06:15 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
It's not valid to say she didn't wear designer clothes. It might be able to achieve to what you said, however it's not Sofia, she did wear lots of foreign designer clothes.
I never said Sofia didnt wear designer clothes. I said its not important what she wears, designer or not, because she always looks classy and timeless. Margarita Nuez' designs are by far not as high end as Valentino or Oscar de la Renta but do the job perfectly.

Quote:
She probably spent more money on clothes than other European queen consorts.
I dont believe a second this is true, especially when looking to Sweden.
__________________
  #375  
Old 01-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: small town, United States
Posts: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I dislike some of the outfits myself (especially the pyjama wear) but still find them always appropriate, dressed to the occasion and nothing that would be commented on in the usual style or fashion magazines, not even in Hola!
I dislike th pyjama wear too. With the heavy jewelry she seems to enjoy wearing with them it makes her look like a gypsy.
__________________
  #376  
Old 01-06-2011, 11:17 AM
Marika86's Avatar
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative The Netherlands
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Villa San Giovanni, Italy
Posts: 3,481
Queen Sofia attending the Pascua Militar

Full lenght view with the shawl * Without the shawl * Close up 1 * Close up 2
__________________
Marika86
"It's very special, as Kate is very special. It's my way of making sure my mother didn't miss out on today and the excitement." Prince William, November 16 2010
  #377  
Old 01-06-2011, 04:30 PM
NoorMeansLight's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,969
I don't like this dress, though its colour suits Q Sofia. Shawl, bag and shoes are all nice. Wrong jewels, IMO.
__________________
With passion and poetry...
  #378  
Old 01-07-2011, 11:34 AM
monic's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: -, Poland
Posts: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
Queen Sofia attending the Pascua Militar

Full lenght view with the shawl * Without the shawl * Close up 1 * Close up 2
I dislike this dress unlike the previous ones either... It looks so so at first sight but the fashion isn't perfect for Sofia as opposed to the color. She overdid with the necklaces again; one of them is definitely enough..
__________________
  #379  
Old 01-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,536
I like the style of the dress, the colour is very old lady (what she is). I think the small necklace would have been sufficient.

The hair is certainly bullet-proof, almost like a wig. The only Queen who can beat that is Beatrix
__________________
  #380  
Old 01-07-2011, 04:27 PM
NoorMeansLight's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,969
'Bullet-proof hair', oh Duke!!
__________________

__________________
With passion and poetry...
Closed Thread

Tags
fashion, queen sofia, style


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Queen Sofia's Fashion and Style Part 2: January 2011 - dazzling Royal House of Fashion 316 08-08-2014 03:48 PM
Royal ladies and their similar or same style - Part 2 dazzling Archives 387 01-05-2012 08:04 AM
Catherine Middleton's Fashion and Style Part 3: January 2011 - March 2011 dazzling Archives 393 03-23-2011 05:08 PM
Catherine Middleton's Fashion and Style Part 2: November 2009 - January 2011 dazzling Archives 384 01-11-2011 04:58 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth bourbon-parma charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena infanta sofia jewellery jordan kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympics ottoman picture of the month pieter van vollenhoven pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:59 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]