Queen Silvia's Fashion and Style Part 4: April 2013 - July 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Silvia always wears adress worn before at the nobel
When did she wear this nobel 2014 dress?

Loved her dress.
(...)

Last edited by a moderator:
2014 Nobel Prizes:

1 2 3 4

She looked amazing! That gown is absolutely beautiful. I love the shade of blue and the details are exquisite. The jewels are perfect with the gown. This gown is truly regal and magnificent! One of my new favorite gowns of the Queen.

Last edited:
What a gorgeous gown. There is nothing I like better than silk satin and the beading is really beautiful and adds to the gown the way it trails down the skirt. Can't beat the saphires

2014 Nobel Prizes:

1 2 3 4

She looked amazing! That gown is absolutely beautiful. I love the shade of blue and the details are exquisite. The jewels are perfect with the gown. This gown is truly regal and magnificent! One of my new favorite gowns of the Queen.
:previous:
I agree with you. Absolutely gorgeous :queen::flowers:

2014 Nobel Prizes:

1 2 3 4

Isn't that gown amazing? The first shots I saw were of her decollatage on Sofia's fashion thread and yet these photos do not show an overabundance or anthing "tacky" at all. I think it's all in the angle of the photos and what they are shooting for.

I was going to give this thread a miss because "I'd seen her dress" but looking here is proof I certainly hadn't. That dress is a fabulous colour on her, the details on the gown are certainly exquisite and the cut and style quintessentially Silvia.

But the lesson I learnt here is that people publish photo's to emphasise their point of view and there are a thousand angles and a thousand shots and more than a few points of view. What they pick is more about them than their subjects.

Last edited:
Isn't that gown amazing? The first shots I saw were of her decollatage on Sofia's fashion thread and yet these photos do not show an overabundance or anthing "tacky" at all. I think it's all in the angle of the photos and what they are shooting for.

I was going to give this thread a miss because "I'd seen her dress" but looking here is proof I certainly hadn't. That dress is a fabulous colour on her, the details on the gown are certainly exquisite and the cut and style quintessentially Silvia.

But the lesson I learnt here is that people publish photo's to emphasise their point of view and there are a thousand angles and a thousand shots and more than a few points of view. What they pick is more about them than their subjects.

Thank You Marg, I never thought of it like that and I am glad you pointed that out, now I will have a different prospective on viewing pictures then I did before, it's always a good thing to learn something new.......:)

12-11-14:

Pic

The color is beautiful but I don't like the dress.

Hmmm..
The color is wonderful, and I like the dress, but something looks off...

Thank You Marg, I never thought of it like that and I am glad you pointed that out, now I will have a different prospective on viewing pictures then I did before, it's always a good thing to learn something new.......:)
But of course, what people say about others, always reveals more about themselves:)

Silvia's blue dress is wonderful, and I love the patterns. She always manages to look regal and elegant at the Nobel events. I love her tiara and jewellery too as they manage to blend in nicely with the colour scheme of the outfit.

That shade of red on Silvia's latest dress is gorgeous, however there's something off about the neckline and I'm not a huge fan of this tiara. There's something not quite right about her clutch either. It looks a little odd with the dress.

Her clutch isn't really a clutch, per se, but rather a fancy bag that can be worn over one's shoulder because of the long roping. It just isn't elegant enough for me. Looks like something that Princess Caroline of Monaco would wear...

During their State visit to France would you say the Queen's heels were higher than usual? I am looking specifically at Day 3

Not a fan. Would have preferred color.

I wonder if the clutch was a present. :flowers: It seems like something one would get a Queen. ;)

It could have been! She has had it for some years now and the style of it was manufactured I think around 1995.

27 June: Queen Silvia wearing a simple but elegant dress whilst attending the photo shoot for Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist's engagement at Drottningholm Palace in Sweden:

Full view ~ Close-up

The green dress is very lovely, classic, and a great color. She looked fantastic.

Queen Silvia on Saturday at the Swedish King's Rally driven by historic cars. The king drove a Volvo from 1946.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

The queen looks wonderful in this red outfit combined with black.

I love the red outfit! Beautiful color, style, design, and fit. One of my favorite looks of the Queen.

I don't like the dress but I absolutely love the coat! Timeless style and beautiful color.

2-6-15:

The Queen looks absolutely amazing! The pink suit is very exquisite and timeless. The color is so beautiful and the lace top also looks stunning. One of her best looks.

Photo from LadyFinn

2-6-15:

The Queen looks absolutely amazing! The pink suit is very exquisite and timeless. The color is so beautiful and the lace top also looks stunning. One of her best looks.

I agree! :flowers: A beautiful ensemble.

I agree! :flowers: A beautiful ensemble.

I'll join in the agreement. Pink is her color, the suit is beautiful and I also like her hairstyle. But, to be fair, Silvia has a natural elegance: she would look stunning even with a sack:lol:

I'll join in the agreement. Pink is her color, the suit is beautiful and I also like her hairstyle. But, to be fair, Silvia has a natural elegance: she would look stunning even with a sack:lol:

It's so true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom