Queen Silvia's Fashion and Style Part 3: January 2012 - April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a stunning sapphire blue, though I'm not so sure about that bow. I'd have loved to see some of her sapphires paired with that dress.

Last edited:
Queen Silvia at the Steiger Awards in Bochum, Germany today, March 17, wearing a nice blue dress
with a ribbon. The brooch and necklace are the same she has worn yesterday.

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

I think Sylvia looks very fine - but I am riveted by the other woman's white lace dress - just gorgeous.
Full-View. The other woman is also very classy - love seeing an older woman dressing classy with good physical presentation. I think lace is not used enough. I am particularly partial to beautifully wrought lace being back-grounded with sheer fabrics in another color.

Last edited:
I think Sylvia looks very fine - but I am riveted by the other woman's white lace dress - just gorgeous. Full view I think lace is not used enough. I am particularly partial to beautifully wrought lace being back-grounded with sheer fabrics in another color.
Oh yes, that dress is stunning also!

The blue cocktail dress was first worn in 2010, but the top has been altered since - unfortunately, perhaps.
In the original, the complete fabric of the top was gathered loosely across into a loop on the shoulder instead of ending in a not so appealing bow - more extravagant and probably not easy to wear originally, but making much more sense design-wise than the flat bow which is sitting there now, IMHO.
Notice that there is no seam in the top part above the wavy seam running down from the hip - technically difficult though looking simple.

The original version:
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

The altered version yesterday:
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

I prefer the original design better, not a fan of the 1980's version bow.

I like the 2nd version better....
Both are lovely though!

This rich shade of blue is exquisite on Queen Silvia. Absolutely lovely.

I like the first version. That seam looks off and not very well done IMO. Lovely shade of blue!

I also like the original version better. On a different note: Joop looks fab here too. ;)

Last edited:
Queen Silvia wore a very beautiful and elegant white suit during the reception of the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall in the Palace on the first day of their official visit to Sweden. She matched the outfit with black belt, black shoes and stunning black, white and cream pearl necklace and matching earrings.

The Queen looks absolutely gorgeous! The entire ensemble is so well-matched and elegant. :)

Last edited:
Queen Silvia wore a very beautiful and elegant white suit during the reception of the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall in the Palace on the first day of their official visit to Sweden. She matched the outfit with black belt, black shoes and stunning black and white pearl necklace and earrings.

The Queen looks absolutely gorgeous! The entire ensemble is so well-matched and elegant. :)

full view *** back side

Couldn't agree more :flowers:. She looks absolutely stunning :heart1:

Last edited:
She looked young, fresh and beautiful in that white suit! Two thumbs up.

I'm in love with Queen Slivia's creme suit, especially the waist detailing, and the back is a wonderful surprise. I like the cut of the shoe as well as the hairstyle.

On a second viewing, I never even noticed the wrist brace on her right hand- clever fashion camouflage. Silv's the best, IMO!

Last edited:
I always like when an outfit is as interesting in the back as in the front; mark of a well-made garment with an eye to the details. It's a beautiful suit, love the black and white pearls (especially the triple-pearl drop earrings), and I'm so happy that she wore cream hosiery. Classic!

Last edited:
Love the suit on Q Silvia, great jewellery as well!! She's so radiant!!

She looks stunning in that white suit!

Like everybody else says: stunning!

Everything is just perfect here – a great overall look.
The back bow detailing and belt on the suit are actually not real but an application with embroidery suggesting the three-dimensional effect, a very nice ‘trompe l’oeil’ detail.
Btw., the pearl set worn consists of pearls in four colors: Back, light grey, cream and pale yellow.

Large pic upper part:
http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/files/2012/03/Bild-813.pnghttp://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/files/2012/03/Bild-66.png

Large back detail view:
http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/files/2012/03/Bild-813.png

Full view:
http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/files/2012/03/Bild-216.png

Everything is just perfect here – a great overall look.
The back bow detailing and belt on the suit are actually not real but an application with embroidery suggesting the three-dimensional effect, a very nice ‘trompe l’oeil’ detail.
Btw., the pearl set worn consists of pearls in four colors: Back, light grey, cream and pale yellow.

Large pic upper part:
http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/files/2012/03/Bild-66.png

Large back detail view:
http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/files/2012/03/Bild-813.png

Full view:
http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/files/2012/03/Bild-216.png

Very elegant and appropriate for the event.

Queen Silvia accompanied Camilla to the British International Primary School (where, incidentally, Camilla read the Gruffalo to the children).
She wore a lovely two piece grey suit, finishing the look with a black bag, grey shoes and patterned scarf.

Second day, second beautiful look. While nothing can compare to the black and white ensemble from yesterday, this is a great look too. :)

Last edited:
:previous:
Yup Queen Silvia and today looks lovely :)
But I have one correction :), the suit is brown not black :flowers:
pic1 pic2

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! Information corrected in my original post. :)
In the first pictures the skirt looked black and the jacket - grey. Can't really pinpoint the colour of the skirt; it looks black, grey and beige, depending on the picture. Since the shoes are grey, I assume so is the skirt, albeit darker.

Last edited:
Last edited:
So very elegant. Queen Silvia looks absolutely lovely. I do love the jacket and the pearl necklace completes the entire look.

Last edited:
A very elegant suit, the jacket has a great texture! Although the scarf was beautiful, I think it wasn't necessary with this look.

Thanks for the closeup back photo of Silvia's white suit, Boris. That's an amazing detail of the bow; a true "trick of the eye."

But what happened to Silvia's hand; I just noticed it in a cast.

And her gray suit is beautiful; her skirt complements the colors of the jacket so well. I love the texture and zippered front, and the scarf added a nice touch.

Last edited:
I love the suit but not the scarf.

Love the entire look...the scarf is nice too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom