Queen Silvia's Fashion and Style Part 2: December 2009 - January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, the bustier top makes the look a bit sexy.;) Nothing wrong with that, Q Silvia still looks elegant and regal! Emerald green was a smart choice, IMO.

The gowns visible behind Silvia's back are truly fabulous! I wish I had at least a few to try on!

The queen speaks about her evening gowns... Its from the exibithion at the royal palace 2006 Det har drottningen i handväskan « Ebbas blogg

Queen Silvia is telling an interesting thing about the Nina Ricci dress from 1993 (the black and white striped): The Queen has a copy of the dress, sewn in a different fabric - a "summer fabric". She says that even if it's the same dress, they are quite different due to the different materials, and she wore the summer version of the Nina Ricci dress during a visit to Finland... and then she is giggling saying: no one noticed that it was the black and white Nobel-gown in summer version :)

Conserning the Nobel-gowns she is also telling that she usually wear them for more important occasions first- state visits in Sweden and abroad- before she wear them at the Nobel prize ceremony.... så I guess we already seen the Nobel dress for 2010, but the question is when??:)

Queen Silvia is telling an interesting thing about the Nina Ricci dress from 1993 (the black and white striped): The Queen has a copy of the dress, sewn in a different fabric - a "summer fabric". She says that even if it's the same dress, they are quite different due to the different materials, and she wore the summer version of the Nina Ricci dress during a visit to Finland... and then she is giggling saying: no one noticed that it was the black and white Nobel-gown in summer version :)

According to Silvia the "summer version" of the black/white Nina Ricci gown has patterns of "blue doves and green leafs"... so I wonder if it's the dress in the link below???( but as far as I can see there are no blue doves but at least some blue stuff (flowers?) on it ):
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ber-2002-december-2009-a-13-4.html#post318485
(this pic is not from a visit to Finland, but from Infanta Cristina & Iñaki Urdangarin: Pre-Wedding Reception, 3 Oct. 1997 )

Last edited:
Wish there was an English translation of this video!

Does she say which one(s) are her favorites?

Conserning the Nobel-gowns she is also telling that she usually wear them for more important occasions first- state visits in Sweden and abroad- before she wear them at the Nobel prize ceremony.... så I guess we already seen the Nobel dress for 2010, but the question is when??:)

Maybe the one from Princess Victoria's wedding?!:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the one from Princess Victoria's wedding?!:flowers:

I´ll be very disappointed if she appear in the dress from the wedding... because that dress already been in the public eye... all summer... all over the world... so lets hope for something else :)

have we seen this dress before as she has never used a new dress for the nobel earlier

have we seen this dress before as she has never used a new dress for the nobel earlier

I think it's new.The red yuki gown worn 3 years ago was also new.

Amazing color on Queen Silvia! One word can sum up those jewels: WOW!!!!

Stunning dress, very regal, fitting for a queen. I like the color, going well with sapphire jewelery. Well done !

When the exhibition of the Queen's Nobel dresses was held in 2006, it was claimed that no new gown was ever worn by her for the ceremony, but that's untrue - just like Stefan said, the red 2007 Yuki dress was new, and also the Nina Ricci dresses from 1995 (light grey and pink) and from 1997 (black rose print on turquoise).

I wonder who the designer of this year's beautiful gown is... it's certainly neither Yuki nor Zehnder, Queen Silvia's favorites over the past years, but obviously by the same designer who made her silver-grey gown for the state visit to The Netherlands in 2009. The bolero top and necklines are very similar, but I much prefer this emerald green design.

The layered skirt finishes very nicely in the back, with the layers turning into ruffles and falling into a train:
Photobank CTK

Beautiful silhouette, a bit Edwardian era inspired:
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/1451/101210112.jpg

Last edited:
When the exhibition of the Queen's Nobel dresses was held in 2006, it was claimed that no new gown was ever worn by her for the ceremony, but that's untrue - just like Stefan said, the red 2007 Yuki dress was new, and also the Nina Ricci dresses from 1995 (light grey and pink) and from 1997 (black rose print on turquoise).

Maybe she wore them to private occasions.

Love the shoes but I don't care for the sapphire jewelry with the emerald dress.

Queen Silvia looks wonderful in this green gown - and oh those jewels!!

Silvia - every inch a Queen. She looks grand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom