Queen Silvia's Fashion and Style Part 2: December 2009 - January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
how many times has she worn this white dress she wore at the reprentation dinner last night?

You're really into statistics, aren't you Josefine...;)? I'd say Queen Silvia has worn the dress now for the sixth time; it was first seen during a state visit to Japan in 2007.
The white gown is by Japanese-British designer Yuki (= Gnyuki Torimaru), who specializes in draping and gathering fabrics into shapes, cut on a circle with a minimum od seams.
Here in a terrific Grecian silhouette, gathered below the bust, falling wider below the hips, and finishing in a train in the back - understated and elegant IMO, one of my Yuki favorites on Queen Silvia.
Pics – silhouette:
Oficiální ve
Full view:
http://img258.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=33006_11022404_122_559lo.jpg

yes i do like numbers ;-), making lists, hoping it will tell us something
(at home im useless making list, what to buyand so on)

but this time i thought she had worn it many more times,

Q Silvia looks amazing in the white dress .... better than her daughter imo.

I really like the black top. It's unique and goes nicely with the simple white trousers.

Queen Silvia at the Childhood Foundation gala dinner at Hillboro Beach in Florida yesterday:
Aftonbladet
Svenskdam
SvenskDam
This dress has a very lovely colour, but otherwise I don´t like it. She could have her hair done better.

Queen Silvia's gown is by Japanese-British designer Yuki (= Gnyuki Torimaru) and was seen only once before, at the Imperial state banquet in Japan in 2007.
In Yuki’s signature style of seam-less draping of tightly pleated fabric cut on the round, I like it a lot – an original design in-between Fortuny and Japanese influence, great fuchsia color, interesting silhouette.
Along with it, Queen Silvia wore her new ruby and diamond pendant, first seen last year.
Two more pics from last night:
http://multimedia.ctk.cz/en/foto/document/4651803/world-childhood-foundation-charity-dinner-4651803
http://multimedia.ctk.cz/en/foto/document/4651804/world-childhood-foundation-charity-dinner-4651804

Last edited:
So happy to see Queen Silvia out and about after her recent hospitalization! She looks wonderful, especially in that color.

Two more photos of Queen Silvia dress

Pic 1 ** Pic 2

Really nice colour

Lovelu colour for the queen.
I am not a big fan of the upper part of the dress.

Love the haircut.
I'm not a big fan of the dress.

I can't decide between nice and strange.... The colour looks lovely though.

Love the color, don't like the design of this dress. She kind of looks like she's about to take fllight or something. Different is good, but this is too avant garde for me.

The gown is interesting, I adore the color. I saw pictures from state visit when Q Silvia wore it with grander jewelery and sash, it looked much more better. The worst is the button in the middle, reminds me piece from my mom's couch. But overall not bad. I like new haircut.

Yellow suit is nice, but I would prefer beige accessories.

Love the fushia dress on Queen Silvia. I'm not sure anyone but a Queen could really pull this off but she looks lovely. I also Love the jewels. The bar brooch adds such a nice touch!!

Queen Silvia attending the 2011 Health & Human Rights Awards on April 5, 2011
in New York City - typicial Silvia cut and a nice fresh spring colour.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Not a fan of the color...it totally washes her out.

The color of this new suit comes out very differently in pics from agencies - I'd say it's a nice shade of coral and that it doesn't wash her out, really...
IMO a perfectly nice cocktail suit with Queen Silvia's currently preferred (and flattering) Tudor neckline; but the jacket just doesn't fit properly, probably because after it was fitted she lost weight during her recent illness.
Another pic from last night:

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Queen Silvia attending the 2011 Health & Human Rights Awards on April 5, 2011
in New York City - typicial Silvia cut and a nice fresh spring colour.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I like the colour of the outfit, suits her imo.

Queen Silvia, who over the past two decades stuck mostly to her collection of gold and silver Thai evening clutches, seems to develop a liking for crystal purses.
In The Netherlands two days ago, she carried a colorful butterfly crystal purse, and another new crystal clutch was seen at the last Nobel Prize.
Could anyone think of the designer? Hervé Leger or Judith Leiber, perhaps?

Close up from Saturday:
Královna Silvia + fotografie | fotobanka Profimedia #0092472690

Nobel Prize 2010:
Agencja Fotograficzna BE&W - szczegó

I noticed the purse and I like it very much.

For the royal representation gala at Stockholm Palace last night, Queen Silvia wore a new combination of two old pieces:
The golden top by Jacques Zehnder was worn in 2002 in Mexico with a slim skirt in the same fabric, the brown skirt with front button line is from the 90s, was seen with different tops, and provided enough volume now to hide the leg brace which Silvia still has to wear.
An unusual ‘accessory’ – the walking stick which now replaced her crutch, obviously an antique, with silver handle.

Last night:
http://bakomkulisserna.svenskdam.se/files/2011/04/B95Q5517.jpg
IBL Bildbyrå - Royaltyfria bilder, historiska bilder, illustrationsbilder med mera.

In 2002:
Scanpix | Forhåndsvisning

I like it except the golden buttons on the skirt. Good to see HM in better condition.

Queen Silvia attending two events connected with the Mentor Foundation in
Vilnius, Lithuania, on April 15, 2011.

A very nice jacket for the day event:

** Full view ** Close up **

And a great combination for the evening event, the blouse and the bag make
the outfit shine.

** Full view ** Close up **

The evening outfit is possibly not the one Silvia would have planned on with pants if she didn't still have to wear the leg brace, but it's interesting regardless - the ruffles of the pink satin blouse roll into a flower on one side, and the velvet jacket also seems to be edged in a black satin ruffle, framing the blouse:

Scanpix | Forhåndsvisning

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom