Queen Silvia's Fashion and Style Part 2: December 2009 - January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
is the back of the dress changed from last year pre wedding party?

Definitely front of dress changed, there was a flower, it's gone, maybe now is on the back. Nice dress, great cut, train, very regal.

Silvia looked lovely wearing the Nine-Prong tiara, and I adore her clamshell clutch!

Love the clutch,so stunning.

Though I wish she wore a new gown instead of a repeated one.

I think she looks amazing. She has nailed the balance of a gala gown against serious tiara wear. So many other royals think any old evening dress will do but not so Silvia. She puts the "G" in gala!
Silvia wore a repeated gown at the Nobel Prizes:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0g3SdwacScf2v/610x.jpg

I thought she looked very lovely!
The way she is looking at Victoria seems a mix of concern (mum's just checking) and great pride!

Last edited:
I love that pic of "mum just checking"... and smiling with happiness at her glorious daughter! No one wears a tiara better than Silvia, imho. Her various hair-dos are simply works of art with each one.

I love these small glimpses when royals drop their facades amidst the pomp and circumstance of dignified occasions. That is a very sweet photo and I'm sure Victoria has given her parents every reason to be proud of her, as well as eliciting maternal concern! And Silvia has mastered tiara-wearing to a fine art with her ability to carry both the massive and delicate pieces on a head of beautifully crafted hair.

Last edited:
That is exactly what I was trying to say, Baroness, but alas! I lack your talent with words! Ah, would that I could write like you.. *sigh* I do hope that you are able to utilize your talent in a larger arena than just TRF! lol

Thank you so much for your kind words, Udyusa.:flowers: I thought your comment was well-put myself.

I thought that at both events Silvia looked great, fashion wise. Best look in a long time. But the strain of ongoing events does show in her face, imo.

Beautiful gown and jewels; I love her clutch as well. I don't think any color can be more gorgeous than a rich royal blue.

Last edited:
Silvia did not disappoint this year! Loved both gowns, especially liked the "Royal Blue" gown. And the close up of the shell studded evening clutch was to DIE for! Oooooo la la!

Both dresses and hair/makeup/jewelry were just perfection. And Q Silvia is always the lady.

I love that pic of "mum just checking"... and smiling with happiness at her glorious daughter! No one wears a tiara better than Silvia, imho. Her various hair-dos are simply works of art with each one.

I'm in total awe of your wording, you covered me completely! :thistle:
Now could you tell us what exactly makes plain Vicky 'glorious'?

Thank you for your lovely compliment, Noor! I have never gotten one on my wording.. lol

As for using glorious to describe Victoria, I have No idea what I was thinking. I guess I just wanted to say something nice about her and it does sort of fit with her sparkly dress, don't you think? Now as to her day wear, I think I would describe it as 'Blah', or 'Bland'...

Last edited:
I don't like Silvia's bi-colored hat at all. It looks like she's got one of those black and white cookies on her head!

Last edited:
I agree with you on that, Baroness. That has to be the goofiest-looking hat I've seen! lol

This has got to be one of her worst looks! Hideous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom