Queen Silvia's Fashion and Style Part 2: December 2009 - January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Silvia looked amazing in the raspberry dress!
I'm lovin the silver jacket she wore too.

Queen Silvia at a visit to the Musee National Des Chateaux de Malmaison et Bois-Preau on September
23, 2011 in Rueil-Malmaison, France wearing a dress with an interesting cut. Only in natural daylight
(pic 1 compared to 2) the colour looks a bit boring.

** Full view ** Upper part **

That's actually an interesting dress which doesn't photograph well: it combines two fabrics in the same color - the sleeves and the central fabric panel which is draped on top into a shawl collar are made in one fabric, the sides of the dress in another. From earlier outings, I'd say the color is rather a dark chocolate brown than the charcoal it turns into on many pics.
Side view:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/339/screenshot22sxg.jpg/

Close up - Queen Silvia accessorized with one of her sets of multi-colored pearls:
http://www.newscom.com/nc/displayOp...eo=N&searchText=N&searchGraphics=N&searchkey=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/853/newscomabausaphotos5714.jpg/

Last edited:
I quite like the jacket on Silvia, it's pretty and neat.

Queen Silvia attended the Birgit Nilsson Prize gala at the Royal Opera Stockholm tonight wearing a floor-length electric blue chiffon gown embroidered with darker blue and silver sequins.
Full views:
Photobank CTK
Photobank CTK
Closer view:
Photobank CTK

wow , thanks Boris :)
Queen Silvia always look very elegant and beautiful. She was a really good fashion sense :flowers:

Step aside, Cinderella!:lol:
There is something about the upper part and sleeves I don't like, but I love the color and the twinkle of the sequins!

Queen Silvia attends the opening of the America-Scandinavia Foundation Centennial exhibition in New York; October 20, 2011.

Full view ** Close-up

Queen Silvia at The American-Scandinavian Foundation celebration of its 100th anniversary at
Centennial Ball at The Hilton Hotel on October 21, 2011 in New York City, wearing a long evening
dress with a great colour for her:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 **

Jewel tones suit her a lot. It's a really nice dress, I like lace applications.

A great look – the amethyst shade is indeed gorgeous on her, and the detailing in the gathered side train and lace embroidery is quite beautiful.
She has worn the dress in different versions before (once without the bolero jacket, and once without the detachable train), but this creates a perfect and regal silhouette.

Closer view:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/402/screenshot12ck.jpg/

Note the matching clasps on the Nina Ricci bag and the shoes:
Photobank CTK

Back view:
Photo from Getty Images

Last edited:
Oh that color! And the lace! Breath- taking!

Silvia always looks wonderful. I thought she looked the most appropriate of all the women at the 9/11 dedication yesterday

The color is stunning but not the dress itself.

Lovely dress...it would look fantastic with the amathyst paure....

Silvia has looked great in all of her outfits on this visit, especially that purple.

Queen Silvia looks very young,fresh and always elegant in this classical outfit :), definitely the boots are refreshing ;)
--Norway ,November 10,2011
pic1 pic2 pic3

:previous: she does look youthful in those pics. Luv the boots and the whole look.

I don't think I've ever seen her in boots!

Queen Silvia at the World Child & Youth Forum in Stockholm today, looking fantastic in white:

** Full view ** Upper part **

:previous:
Queen Silvia look elegant and fresh.The new hairstyle look fantastic ;)

Very nice and hairstyle is great, youthful and fresh. Nice change.

Silvia in her purple gown is the epitomy of a Queen looking like a queen. Love the white suit and the new hairstyle. I wonder if she is just naturally shapely or if she has to work hard to keep her figure.

She looks elegant!I love her in white.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom