Queen Silvia's Fashion and Style Part 2: December 2009 - January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMGoodness. That is some dress. Not a fan of the cheap looking fabric. The cut the the dress is okay. Maybe she'll put this one in the back of the closet and let her future granddaughters play dress up with it!

Queen Silvia at the presentation of the Polar Music Prize in Stockholm today, August 30,
wearing a very lovely combination in gold.

** Full view ** Upper part **

and, please, sorry, but the lipstick colour does not match with gold

I wouldn't like this new cocktail suit at every event, but I find it very fitting on this occasion - it's a prize for popular music artists after all, which should allow for something a bit more glitzy.
The color doesn't look like regular yellow gold to me; it's rather emulating red gold very exactly, an unusual but interesting shade.

Queen Silvia attended the presentation of the 2011 Stockholm Water Prize yesterday evening.
Picture details
http://9.t.cdn.belga.be/picture:28872349:preview:watermark
http://9.t.cdn.belga.be/picture:28872312:preview:watermark
This is maybe the most horrible dress and outfit I have never seen Queen Silvia wear. Everything is wrong with it.

Queen Silvia at the presentation of the Polar Music Prize in Stockholm today, August 30,
wearing a very lovely combination in gold.

First outfit- Ugly, worst outfit I have ever seen on Silvia! No words!:eek:
2nd outfit- I dislike it, too much gold at once, and do not like the shade of gold!

Queen Silvia at the concert for her World Childhood Foundation in Rio de Janeiro last night - a new 1980s retro style cocktail dress which IMHO would have looked better in full length, but the mulberry color shade is great:

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Queen Silvia at the last day in Monaco on July 3rd, wearing a costume with black and white stripes.
A look not every woman could wear, but on her it looks great I think.

** Pic **
Love the first outfit!
2nd outfit- Love it on her, but I still feel dizzy, like too many rides on the merry- go round!

Queen Silvia attending the 2011 Health & Human Rights Awards on April 5, 2011
in New York City - typicial Silvia cut and a nice fresh spring colour.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Love the color!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the gold outfit. It looks more like a bronze-ish gold color.

Queen Silvia at an official dinner at the Royal Palace in Stockholm today, September 8, 2011,
wearing a long gala dress - nice colour and cut for her:

** Full view **

I don't like the color.It looks tacky!

The dress from last night is a favorite designed by Jacques Zehnder, with an emboidered transparent chiffon overlay on satin beneath.
I don't know why the icy mint green color could be described as 'tacky', but the dress has always looked best when worn with emeralds, the two green shades playing off each other nicely, instead of 'just' diamonds.

Good full view:
http://svenskdam.se/wp-content/gallery/galamiddag-slottet-2011/silvia-kungen.jpg

Queen Silvia looks absolutely radiant. The rich turquoise shade suits her her perfectly. I do love the style of her gown as well. Most chic and elegant. In fact from the photograph one can immediately see that Queen Silvia feels happy and confident. Such a lovely look for her.

Last edited:
Queen Silvia looks absolutely radiant. The rich turquoise shade suits her her perfectly. I do love the style of her gown as well. Most chic and elegant. In fact from the photograph one can immediately see that Queen Silvia feels happy and confident. Such a lovely look for her.
Could not have said it better! Agree 100%! Love it from head to toe!:)

:previous:
Queen Silvia looks wonderful,Victoria also :flowers: , all pictures are beautiful.It's a freshness in this outfit :rose:

Queen Silvia at the day of the opening of the Swedish Parliament in Stockholm, September 15, 2011,
wearing a very nice combination in black and white.

** Full view **

Queen Silvia at the day of the opening of the Swedish Parliament in Stockholm, September 15, 2011,
wearing a very nice combination in black and white.

** Full view **

:previous: All royals look wonderful, but definitely the best outfit was wore by Queen Silvia and after her Victoria and Madeleine :flowers:

Love the cut of the jacket with the smart trompe l'oeil effect of the white lapels - what looks like the jacket's border is actually only sewn on top of it, and what looks like the chamisole beneath it is actually the double-breasted jacket.

The Swedish Royal family attend the performance at the Royal Swedish Opera, following the Swedish Parliament opening
Queen Silvia looks stunning (...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Silvia looked amazing in both outfits today. One of her best features for me is her hair. It looked really nice with the pillbox hat today. :flowers:

Last edited:
Very nice silhouette of the fishtail skirt in light black lace, just a pity that the top was hidden under the stole at the arrival to the Royal Opera.
I believe Queen Silvia repeated this one below, in silver grey with an overlay of intricate black lace:
Forhåndsvisning | Scanpix

Two more pics from last night - closer view:
Full view:

Oh, she looks great here. I love the jewels and the hairstyle as well. But the fur style is a bit too large I think.

Oh, she looks great here. I love the jewels and the hairstyle as well. But the fur style is a bit too large I think.
Before anyone might start to get upset: The white stole is actually not in fur, but in mohair wool. ;)

Queen Silvia at the Swedish Club's 75th Anniversary in Paris today, September 22, 2011,
wearing a nice glittering dress, I like both cut and colour on her:

One of my favorite looks from her!I love the color.

Yesterday evening Queen Silvia attended the 'Master Art' Exhibition Opening at the Palais
Imperial de Compiegne in Compiegne, France and once again she wore a very nice festive
outfit, this time in silver:

** Full View ** Upper part ** Close up **

Queen Silvia at the Swedish Club's 75th Anniversary in Paris today, September 22, 2011,
wearing a nice glittering dress, I like both cut and colour on her:

I particularly love this one! She looks really elegant with a touch of 80's in a good sense! ;)

She looks wonderfully elegant.

I don't like the color of the fabric.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom