The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 11:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

I was disappointed in the gown worn this year by Queen Silvia to the Nobel Prize ceremony. This outfit looked so much better at the wedding worn with the amythest jewels (but I think it was kind to let Victoria Wear the set for her dress).

The dress seemed not to be fitted as well. The queen looks better with her shoulders and arms showing for an event such as this one. Her hair looked a little outdated, and the pearls seemed too "daytime" to me.

Old 12-11-2009, 04:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen at the King´s dinner tonight, I think that this dress is from Yuki.
SvenskDam
Too bold colour for me, and it looks a little like a nightgown.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:07 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The Queen at the King´s dinner tonight, I think that this dress is from Yuki.
SvenskDam
Too bold colour for me, and it looks a little like a nightgown.
Your right, it has no detail on it to make it stand out. It's too big.
And her hair was not done right for that tiara.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

With Yuki, I believe it's a case of 'You either love him or you hate him'.
I happen to love his unique designs... his technique to cut on a circle with a minimum of seams and shape a gown all in the draping is fascinating, and the result allows for a maximum of fluidity in movement, which of course gets somewhat lost on pictures.
The draping here is similar to the white Yuki gown of Queen Silvia (first worn in Japan, then in Portugal), but more elaborate, with different sleeves and a longer train.
I don't think the purple color is too bold for Queen Silvia, and all in all I like this style, somewhat archaic and modern at once, far better than the Queen's look for the main Nobel event this year.
I am uncertain about her hairdo as well, but so far, pics really don't provide a good view of it so it's difficult to tell...
Old 12-12-2009, 07:26 AM
Super Moderator

Well, I'm among those who hate the Yuki dresses. The only thing I liked about her yesterday was to see the ruby tiara again, though the hairstyle could have been better. Maybe the dress would be more endearing to me if I saw it in movement. But in still pictures it's definitely not my cup of tea. The colour was ok for Silvia, she can wear these vibrant shades. But with the ruby tiara it would have looked better with more red in it.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Yuki purple dress should have been labeled "Yucky"- hated it.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:41 AM
Royal Highness

WOW, ruby tiara, I didn't expected to see it. The dress...nice color and nothing more. I'm really disappointed.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:33 PM
Serene Highness

I agree with you, I wished she had wear the grey dress from state visit in Nederland. We saw it only this time!
Old 12-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Love the color of this dress, but it looks like a BIG PURPLE SACK with pleats. There's not a whole lot I like about this dress. The ruby tiara for me was beautiful but not with this dress. I adore the necklace that Princess Lilian so elegantly wears and the Queen wore it very well also.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:00 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

The new thread can be found here

Closed Thread

Tags
fashion and style, queen silvia