Queen Silvia's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2002 - December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to be out on an island...but I really liked the dress, of course I don't think I ever got past the jewels!!!!!

Either remove the sheer part or line it. The necklace and the dress clash somehow.

The mesh would look better without the black dots on it. It's too much going on - too distracting.

Im with you Rubies, the jewles stopped me in my tracks, but I do agree with the suggestion on the removal of the dots on the netting (or the netting all together). But I really like the color red on Q Silvia!

At a reception for the 'Nordic Council', Queen Silvia was wearing a new, elegant ‘minimal chic’ two piece in a deep plum shade today. The top fastens with two buttons at the neckline, the rest is kept totally simple.
CP Victoria went for the minimalistic look as well, in a variation of her engagement dress, but failed to do what her mother did - accessorize it to keep it from appearing just plain. Silvia’s gold necklace with matching bracelet and a solid gold leaf brooch are quite perfect here.

http://img104.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=77925_slottet_122_212lo.jpg

http://img46.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=77930_kronprinsessanvictoria9_122_179lo.jpg

I never thought this plum hue would look perfect with yellow gold jewels. It's an unusual combination, but I love it! Generally, this is a nice and elegant outfit.

Queen Silvia at a gala dinner yesterday, celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Swedish Chamber of Commerce in Hamburg, Germany.
A repeat from last year: A sleek, deep red gown with front slit, short train, vertical shoulder cut-outs, re-embroidered all over in rectangular sequins and worn with a black, fur-lined cape.
IMO quite perfectly glamorous. Late-1930s Hollywood inspired but adding modern elements, with jewelry wisely understated here and the cape a great choice to wear over it.
A detail: Her purse is in the shape of a deck of cards (the hearts, of course) set in colored rhinestones.

Picture details
Picture details
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/16516725.html

The red embroidered gown is beautiful and glamorous indeed. But the black fur-lined cape is just awful. JMHO

Queen Silvia never fails to impress me! She looks so good in the red beaded dress, and I like the cape as well. I wish we could see the purse better, it sounds very interesting....The Jewelry IMO, could have been better, perhaps something with Rubies, and chandelier style earrings, in lieu of a necklace.

Queen Silvia at a gala dinner yesterday, celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Swedish Chamber of Commerce in Hamburg, Germany.
A repeat from last year: A sleek, deep red gown with front slit, short train, vertical shoulder cut-outs, re-embroidered all over in rectangular sequins and worn with a black, fur-lined cape.
IMO quite perfectly glamorous. Late-1930s Hollywood inspired but adding modern elements, with jewelry wisely understated here and the cape a great choice to wear over it.
A detail: Her purse is in the shape of a deck of cards (the hearts, of course) set in colored rhinestones.

Picture details
Picture details
Picture details

I don't like the dress on Silvia, looks quite tacky. :ermm:

Thigh-high boots are tacky... necklines too low might be tacky... platform peeptoe shoes are tacky... black nail polish is... but this gown I don't find tacky at all.

I don't like the dress on Silvia, looks quite tacky. :ermm:
I have to agree. I'm not liking all this red lacey material the Queen has been wearing lately. She has a wonderful body, no one is disputing that, but, these clingy lacey dresses are not good for her. I hope she gets this out of her system before he daughters' weddings. I really don't want to see clingy lace at that event.

There's not a single piece of lace on this dress...;)
I wouldn't want to see her in those 'clingy' glamour gowns at the wedding festivities (or the Nobel Awards) either, but anyway we won't.
Queen Silvia always makes the distinction of wearing more regal, elaborate gowns for formal occasions and reserving the sleeker dresses for less formal, glitzy night events - where they belong.

Queen Silvia never fails to impress me! She looks so good in the red beaded dress, and I like the cape as well. I wish we could see the purse better, it sounds very interesting...
I came across a better view of the purse with the 'Queen of Hearts' in rhinestones - the 'King of Hearts' is on the flipside, making it a whole deck of cards.;)
The purse was actually included in the 2006 exhibition of the Queen's Nobel dresses, though she has never carried it at the ceremony.

Pic:
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/443/610xfvj.jpg

Thigh-high boots are tacky... necklines too low might be tacky... platform peeptoe shoes are tacky... black nail polish is... but this gown I don't find tacky at all.

I have to agree. From the very beginning the queen has been dressing in very elegant outfits. A bit on the conservative side but never tacky.
BTW I have seen her wearing this dress before. The bouquet of flowers was a bit too large but I do not supposed she can be blamed for it.:flowers:

The purse with the "Queen of Hearts" is lovely. I'm glad we had the chance to see it clearly.

Queen Silvia always dresses appropriately and elegantly. She rarely disappoints me. And this red dress is no exception. Very nice! :flowers:

I came across a better view of the purse with the 'Queen of Hearts' in rhinestones - the 'King of Hearts' is on the flipside, making it a whole deck of cards.;)
The purse was actually included in the 2006 exhibition of the Queen's Nobel dresses, though she has never carried it at the ceremony.

Pic:
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/443/610xfvj.jpg
It's a cute idea for a purse. Beautiful red dress!

Red is a good colour on Queen Silvia.
Boris are you saying the purse is made from an entire deck of cards in some way?

Of course there won't be actual cards... The motif is a deck of poker cards, opening like a book in the center and held together by what appears to be a thin leather ‚belt’ with rhinestone clasp.
Sorry, but the pic in post # 368 is the closest view I could find online.

It reminds me of the designs by Judith Leiber that are sold here in the states.... Her designs include everything from frogs to lady bugs and just about anything one can dream of.... all simply exquisite! To own one is to display it somewhere among your treasures, after wearing it, of course. :)
Wonderful close-up, by the way...

Boris, tx for posting the closer view of the Queen of Hearts evening bag, its wonderful IMO. Wonder what Q Silvia will wear to the Nobel Peace prize ceremony this year.....

Of course there won't be actual cards... The motif is a deck of poker cards, opening like a book in the center and held together by what appears to be a thin leather ‚belt’ with rhinestone clasp.
Sorry, but the pic in post # 368 is the closest view I could find online.
Thanks for the explanation Boris. I understand now. :flowers: It sounds like a clever design.

I have a weakness for purses (I own 50!). What a novelty item! Oh her dress is nice too.

Trust me, shanaz. It is Not a novelty item... :)

It reminds me of the designs by Judith Leiber that are sold here in the states.... Her designs include everything from frogs to lady bugs and just about anything one can dream of.... all simply exquisite! To own one is to display it somewhere among your treasures, after wearing it, of course. :)
Wonderful close-up, by the way...
Yes, she has some unique designs. I wish the Princesses would be more creative with their purses/clutches. They can really add to the outfit.

I don’t care much for the jacket & skirt combo worn by Queen Silvia for the UN convention of the Rights of the Child jubilee concert – a cocktail suit or dress would have been nicer, and though the strong color is good for her, the soft tailoring is muddled and unflattering:
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/4558/ppe09111987.jpg

But IMO she was the best dressed during the day in a new dress, draped around the neck, sleek and fluid, worn with her coral set:
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8850/5dc5fcbef88d70dc.jpg

On Day 2 of the meeting today, she wore a favorite Jackie Kennedy style, nice red suit (next to a collegue who dressed as if it was ca. 1925…):
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/2846/11423372.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom