The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Heir Apparent

I loved Queen Silvia's Nobel gown this year. It was so elegant, and it looked absolutely beautiful on her.

Old 12-11-2008, 11:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

I´m not so fond of the Queen´s hairstyle yesterday, it makes her look older than she is:
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå
Daylife

Old 12-12-2008, 07:59 AM
Heir Apparent

She looks very dazzling.Her nobel gown is very elegant this year!
Old 12-12-2008, 10:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I´m not so fond of the Queen´s hairstyle yesterday, it makes her look older than she is:
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå
Daylife
I agree with you about her hair. It looked really stiff. It was the only thing that didn't work. Otherwise, she has looked so beautiful during the Nobel events.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post

I also liked the very glamorous red dress from the New York Mentor gala. Sleek, sparkling, with beautiful extras in the arm slits, the gathering of the fabric in the front and the short train. Quite a perfect for a less formal, ‘Manattan Gala’ gown:
http://img195.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_100lo.jpg

This dress is Natan. He added sleeves for her and closed the front because on the runway there is a long split and you could see the models thighs.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSY View Post
This dress is Natan. He added sleeves for her and closed the front because on the runway there is a long split and you could see the models thighs.
I would very much like to see this dress in its original version! I wasn't able to find it on Natan’s own website, so could you please be so kind and post a link to the picture you’re describing?
Old 12-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Silvia looked nice. But thats about it. I'm from the camp which likes to see new dresses for the Nobel ceremony. The gloves were a nice touch, and when you look at the detail (embroidery) on the dress that is nice too. The colour is good, but I prefer those of her daughters, as they flattered them more.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wouldn't say that 'nice, and that's about it' is really a fitting description for Queen Silvia's Nobel dress.
You hardly find this kind of exquisite embroidery with its three-dimensional quality anywhere anymore (it's actually an embroidered lace overlay on the whole bodice), the beading's pink touches are a perfect match with the pink topazes (and doubtlessly made with them in mind), the overall silhouette was great, and it's the kind of regal gown that can only be worn by a Queen these days.
All in all, one of my favorite Nobel dresses of Queen Silvia.
It's her custom not to wear new dresses for the ceremony (last year was the only exception), and I really couldn't care less if this gown by Jacques Zehnder was worn (only once!) before in Denmark.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:16 AM
Majesty

no new dress for silvia ....
this has been used a few times now i think...
Old 01-16-2009, 10:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, the white Gnyuki Torimaru (formerly Yuki) gown worn by Queen Silvia at the Bicentannial dinner has been seen several times before.
It was first worn for the state visit to Japan in early 2006.
IMO it was a great to choose this dress with its Camelot-like flair to wear along with the medieval-looking golden chain, which is part of the Queen’s Finnish order. A very elegant overall appearance.
Here’s a closer look at it:
Picture details
Old 01-16-2009, 06:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I love this dress. White is a very difficult color to wear, but Queen Silvia wears it really well. I also like the way that the Finnish order looks with the gown.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
I agree with you about her hair. It looked really stiff. It was the only thing that didn't work. Otherwise, she has looked so beautiful during the Nobel events.
Thanks for the close-ups of her hairdo - I just couldn't figure it out in other photos.
All in all, I prefer her hair worn in an up-do with a tiara.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Silvia today at the crown princess Victoria nameday celebration:
BelgaPicture
Boots
BelgaPicture
Old 03-24-2009, 03:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Silvia at a state visit to Italy today:
Zimbio
Zimbio
Without the hairpiece:
ANP Beeldbank
This outfit is a little too bright for my taste.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:19 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

i think the hair piece isnt right for her but the ornage colour although quite bright is a nice change

Old 03-24-2009, 05:54 PM
Courtier

The color i so horrible. One cannot look at it for too long. The hat is nice.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I like this suit, but maybe it would be better with some other part, maybe the bluse, blue like shoes, gloves and bag...the hat is very singular in my opinion, but nice...
Old 03-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Silvia's outfit is all right. The design of the suit flatters her figure. The orange colour does not become her much. The bright colour situation was further aggravated by shiny material. Although whimsical, the headpiece looked nice on her.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 03-24-2009, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Gala Dinner
http://i41.tinypic.com/2vnhmya.jpg
anp

Old 03-24-2009, 06:13 PM
Nobility

Nice suit, but the colour
I would call it "garbageman-orange" http://www.awista-duesseldorf.de/cms..._winkender.jpg (garbageman in Germany are dressed in bright orange)

The cut of the dress is nice, the headpiece is weird.

Tags
fashion and style, queen silvia