Queen Rania's Hats, Headwear and Hairstyles: May 2005 - November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes thats when she also had the bangs. There are more pictures like that on the last page. I think thats the shortest I've seen Rania's hair.

it seems to me that Rania spents alot of time on her hair...at leats compared other royal women...just my observation

what makes it seem that way? most of the time she leaves her hair down straight or up in a ponytail.

I agree,besides changing the color,her hair looks normal. Even at weddings, and formal galas her hair is down,half up or in a pony more often than in updos.

Last edited:
~*~Humera~*~ said:
what makes it seem that way? most of the time she leaves her hair down straight or up in a ponytail.

from pictures on this thread and others. it seems her hair takes more maintenance than others. but these are specific pictures so i dont know how her majority of her is kept. it just SEEMS that way. but i know i shouldnt make assumptions from just these pictures.

"Second,since this thread is about her "NEW" hairstyles, which are a part of her new look ,and it was not the case in the past,I'll continue my remarks and critics everytime that rania tries to hide her natural look;)"

If you're refering to her nose job, then so what? Millions of people have nose jobs to correct a medical problem, or were you not aware of that?

oskana said:
from pictures on this thread and others. it seems her hair takes more maintenance than others. but these are specific pictures so i dont know how her majority of her is kept. it just SEEMS that way. but i know i shouldnt make assumptions from just these pictures.

yes I think thats might be that case. The pictures in this thread are specifically devoted to Rania's hairstyles, formal and informal. So I can see how they might project a distorted picture. But even in these pics you can see that her hair is not seen in elaborate up dos very often.
Besides, formal hair is supposed to be high manintenance. You can see that from similar threads about other royals (ie. the Swedish royal women who have worn some of the most elaborate hairstyles at formal events.)

The straight and simple look to go with her business-like outfits:
Addressing the WEF in 2002 and 2003 (Pics from Petra and Fotomarktplatz)

Similar but more casual look, long and straight at the back and layered in the front. June 2003 (Pics from Getty and Cover)

Same look. September 2003, meeting the King and Queen of Spain in Madrid (Pics from Fotomarktplatz)

~*~Humera~*~ said:
It can take a lot of work to get a simple style. Trust me, I know! It takes me over an hour to blow out my hair in that straight and simple look. :mad: :)

Did King Abdullah once say that they flew in top hair stylists from abroad to cut their hair?

Thanks for the pics Humera, she really suits it long and straight. The nice thing is she doesn't go for the "poker straight" look like so many women. I quick whizz with the straighteners and a bit of volumising spray and her hair is probably done.

yes but then every woman has that problem, not just Rania.
Or does that make every woman's hair high maintanence?

"It can take a lot of work to get a simple style. Trust me, I know! It takes me over an hour to blow out my hair in that straight and simple look. :mad: :) "

I think that depends on your hair naturally though, my hair is incredibly thick and quite straight so it never takes me long to straighten it.

Mine is very thick and wavy, and it's only a little longer than Rania's. It takes forever for it to dry!

"Mine is very thick and wavy, and it's only a little longer than Rania's. It takes forever for it to dry"

I suppose everybody's different. If you want to get it straight blow dry it (spray some heat protections spray on it first though) and that will be pretty straight and then straighten it (ceramics are best). You'll usually end up with completely straight hair and because you've blow dried it to begin with it will still have some natural volume . Or at least that's what I've found anyway.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
yes I think thats might be that case. The pictures in this thread are specifically devoted to Rania's hairstyles, formal and informal. So I can see how they might project a distorted picture. But even in these pics you can see that her hair is not seen in elaborate up dos very often.
Besides, formal hair is supposed to be high manintenance. You can see that from similar threads about other royals (ie. the Swedish royal women who have worn some of the most elaborate hairstyles at formal events.)

Oh my gosh yes -- especially when they are wearing the tiara -- those particular hairstyles must certainly take up enough time and haispray or mousse to put together. My own neck would hurt for sitting so long...:eek::p

Thanks Star, I wasn't sure to go for a glass plated or a ceramic plated iron.

I like Rania's hair best with bangs, although that angular sweep across the face in that pic I posted, I didn't care for. Overdoing it a bit lol.

I've never heard of glass plated irons, are they new? Either way ceramics are great plus they don't damage yor hair as much as the older varieties did.

Back to Rania's hair, I'm not so keen on that short style she had, it made her look alot older. She really does suit her hair, long and loose particularly with curls or a wave.

Time to add new pictures to this thread..

Queen Rania sporting a simple and elegant chignon in Athens - December 21, 2005

Pictures from AFP, Olycom & Petra

Lovely! Try as I might I can never get my hair to stay in a chignon!

52116893.jpg

30-10-2006 Gala Queen Rania of Jordan at the official photosession in The Hague. ((c) PPE/a v/d werf )

dazzling said:
30-10-2006 Gala Queen Rania of Jordan at the official photosession in The Hague. ((c) PPE/a v/d werf )

What I can say - it is/was huge disaster:bang:

Last edited by a moderator:
in did, this is something that i never espect of her... she is strange, she change a lot her styl

Her_Majesty said:

I think, if she had that style done for the first day, it wouldve been better than her hair left opened since her dress was abit high from the top but i dont know how it wouldve looked with the new tiara. Thought that hair-do for the second day (did not like it) but was better than the first day. Thougth she couldve obtained for something better. Its not Rania, she has been very dissapointing lately, hair, make up and wardrobe wise. Im hoping she gets herself back together soon. She was dressing better and it seemed she took care of her image in the past, lately ( few months or about a year) she has let her self slide:sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom