Queen Rania's Eveningwear Part 4: November 2009 - November 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the above dress in blue. Having the same dress in two different colours, what's the point? :confused:

Similar dresses (I think is the same dress but in different color)
October and December 2009:
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/526/lanvinf.jpg

The fabric looks the same but besides that I dont think they are the same dress. One is shorter than the other and so is the draping.
The belts look the same but in different colors, maybe the dresses come without belts and wore similar belts with the dresses which are in the same fabric which gives it the look of the same dress.

I like the above dress in blue. Having the same dress in two different colours, what's the point? :confused:

No idea and not sure why people do that especially if the outfit is quite expensive they could buy another outfit which is just as nice IMO.

Similar dresses (I think is the same dress but in different color)
October and December 2009:
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/526/lanvinf.jpg

She looks a bit bigger in the blue dress, both very nice though.

Variety, I have numerous t-shirts and a few dresses the same style in different colours.
Rania's blue dress may suit certain events better than the red one may. :)

Lumutqueen, similar t-shirts or scarves are just fine. Now look at the Gucci dress (Salma's new post): its design is so unique and recognizable... lol
I mean almost everyone will remember you own the exact same dress in a different shade. Even if you have worn it several months ago!

Variety, I have numerous t-shirts and a few dresses the same style in different colours.
Rania's blue dress may suit certain events better than the red one may. :)

Essential pieces like t-shirts, jeans etc is fine to have in different colors IMO but not something quite expensive or worn in public, I just dont think its nice.
The gucci dress for exampls is lovely buts its seen once and its not a runway to wear it a different color but thats just my opinion.

I don't know how to explain it. I like the LV dress on the model but not on Rania. Maybe this type of dresses aren't made for her petite frame.

I don't know how to explain it. I like the LV dress on the model but not on Rania. Maybe this type of dresses aren't made for her petite frame.

Maybe because QRania had her hair up and her make up was a little pale for a black dress, usually black suits her a lot but in this case it is boring imo because she has not the right hairdo and make up, also the photos are not so good and you have the impression that the dress is long but in the photo with the model you see it is not long. But QR maybe had the long version of the dress. With a better styling this dress would be gorgeous on QRania too.

I agree with you on that. Actually, I think why it looks better on the model is also because a certain attitude is needed to wear a dress like this. This is a 'fashionista" dress and needs to be worn as such. Now, Rania can't go around showing attitude--strutting and posing like a model/celebrity. She has to act in a more subdued manner, which doesn't go well with this "couture-y" dress. IMO, that's why I think she didn't look good in the Vionnet dress either. I think she should stick with simple, elegant cuts and styles as she really "works" them.

I agree with you on that. Actually, I think why it looks better on the model is also because a certain attitude is needed to wear a dress like this. This is a 'fashionista" dress and needs to be worn as such. Now, Rania can't go around showing attitude--strutting and posing like a model/celebrity. She has to act in a more subdued manner, which doesn't go well with this "couture-y" dress. IMO, that's why I think she didn't look good in the Vionnet dress either. I think she should stick with simple, elegant cuts and styles as she really "works" them.

I couldn't agree more! I believe the Armani or Elie Saab type of gowns are more suitable for her... and her position.;) Classic yet modern.

I just absolutely LOVE the white Greek goddess dress Queen Rania wore. It was absolutely stunning. I'm with you Princess Gertrude, I actually really liked Rami Kashou in Project Ruway. But his green dress for Queen Rania does not impress me. He should have had her wear one of his fabulous creations he made on the show, all of which were better than this green one, in my opinion.

The red dress with the blue belt and similar blue dress (that Salma posted) I think are ok, but a bit casual. I don't like to looseness of the fabric. They look a little sloppy to me, especailly for a Queen. I would have preferred something that had a little more structure maybe, not necessarily too fitted, just more structured. The style of these dresses reminds me of similar styles in the 80s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Essential pieces like t-shirts, jeans etc is fine to have in different colors IMO but not something quite expensive or worn in public, I just dont think its nice.
The gucci dress for exampls is lovely buts its seen once and its not a runway to wear it a different color but thats just my opinion.

The blue and green Gucci dresses were either just borrowed for the night or simply given to the Queen by the designer, most like the former. It wouldn't make sense for her to buy two of the same designer evening dress. There's actually a fuschia version of it too which I personally loved and which Rania had worn that instead.

The blue and green Gucci dresses were either just borrowed for the night or simply given to the Queen by the designer, most like the former. It wouldn't make sense for her to buy two of the same designer evening dress. There's actually a fuschia version of it too which I personally loved and which Rania had worn that instead.

But it wouldnt have made sense for the designer to give two of the same pieces, they would give you different outfits unless they gave her one and she brought the other in a different color.

I've moved the latest posts on QRania's Zac Posen dress to the Old Fashion Discussion thread
Please note that all old discussion photos & posts will be moved to the thread but the thread rule is
Pic links should be accompanied by a description, the date and event if known, and a comment on why the fashion is noteworthy.
If the post does not meet the above it will be removed.

Thanks

Close Up ** Full View

Not sure what to make of the dress.
I find it quite tacky when royals show arm pitts, I also think there is too much skin shown.
I like the style & the cut of the dress I also think it worked really well in black & white but yet I can see this dress on a much older women.
Also as an Armani dress which she has already one in black & white not sure why to get another one and not in a different color, the trimmings of the last one was also in white.

I like her dress is beautiful. She used today too new shoes.

Is there a picture of the dress on the runway?

Love it - love it - love it! The cut is stunning on Queen Rania. The hair, the makeup, everything is perfect!

Thank you Dazzling I prefer Queen Rania´s dress.

beautiful dress,its bit simillar to the one she put during the state dinner in Ialy both are Armani but i like the last one more.

dazzling said:
Not sure what to make of the dress.
Me, too. I cannot decide if I like it or not. I think it is not Rania's best dress choice, but it looks better on her then on the runway.:p

too much revealing that no other 1st lady / queen from middle east or Islamic society can dare to wear in public and do not find different than the other she wore in state visit to Italy. her make up was perfect that she reminded me of an actress that I forgot ,sorry :)) but it looked better in pics than in video

i think she looks great in that armani dress! great choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom