Queen Rania's Eveningwear Part 4: November 2009 - November 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her lips are just fine and the purple gown isn't awful at all. It's not too impressive, as Dierna said above. But awful?! It's a pretty dress, however this wedding was ideal for more glamorous appearances.

Her lips are just fine and the purple gown isn't awful at all. It's not too impressive, as Dierna said above. But awful?! It's a pretty dress, however this wedding was ideal for more glamorous appearances.

Well if the dress will have same sleeves. And her hair:eek:

Really awful, as I said in the wedding thread. She looks like she's attending the MTV awards. Tacky, cheap looking dress, terrible color on her, bracelet on her head. I was so expecting more elegance from Rania.
thats because she always seeks the latest trends, not real elegance. her choices of dress and hairdo would look very outdated after a few years while real elegance will always catch your eyes regardless of the time.

thats because she always seeks the latest trends, not real elegance. her choices of dress and hairdo would look very outdated after a few years while real elegance will always catch your eyes regardless of the time.

I agree with you ; she looked like a celebrity not a royalty I think she can be both according to the occasion .;)

Rania's clutch to the wedding was by Valentino (not the same bag but the same size, shape and crystal detailing on the top).

Last edited:
Dont like very much the dress, the hairstyle and tiara. She can do better.
But I like her makeup, allthough it was heavy for a day event.

The dress is from Giorgio Armani:

Giorgio Armani announced that HRM Queen Rania Al Abdullah, HRM Queen Paola of the Belgians, HRH Princess Mathilde, HI&HR Princess Astrid and Ms Charlene Wittstock have chosen to wear Giorgio Armani on the occasion of the Princess of Sweden’s wedding celebration.
HRM Queen Rania Al Abdullah will wear a purple Giorgio Armani Privé silk cady gown.

http://www.fashionandrunway.com/fashion/article.cfm?id_articolo=22184

Disappointing. Very tacky appearace, hair, make-up and dress reminded me of an aging Hollywood star. Rania's development, turning into a plastic and unnatural celebrity, makes me sad when I think of what she used to be.

Dont like very much the dress, the hairstyle and tiara. She can do better.
But I like her makeup, allthough it was heavy for a day event.
I think women from middle east always wear thicker make up whatsoever.

Rania looked sort of messy.
I still do not like the way she behaved at the wedding.

Come again?! How did she behave? :confused: I see the ultimate grace and that's something you can't leave behind because your hairdo doesn't look that good, for example.;)

What I was saying has nothing to do with her outfit or her hair.
I didn't like how she "looked" bored and tired. Its a royal wedding for goodness sake.....look alive!!

I see. But sometimes you're so tired you really can't help it, right? I'd excuse her for that. I thought you implied she did something worse. ;)

Ok...the gown was lovely but the one long sleeve threw it off. I loved the diamond "bracelet" in her hair.

Yes she is, and it's a shame cause she also seems to have pumped up her lips with something...
I agree...her lips look awful. I remember her beautiful purple shirt at the Spanish wedding. She looked too Hollywood.

I think she wanted to try another style but I don't like it. Also,she looked tired.

I agree...her lips look awful. I remember her beautiful purple shirt at the Spanish wedding. She looked too Hollywood.

to be honest most of the time, her looks are hollywoodish, even the way she poses for the camera is how celebrities do not royal figures. I like her normal daily style more when she's just chick and good looking.

one more thing about Rania is that she always wants to look different. just look at the way she was dressed in Felipe and Letizia's wedding? she'd even broken the dress code.

She looked horrid - the hair, the makeup, and the gown look cheap and a mess! She usually dresses much better!

^ I still can't understand how an Armani gown can look 'cheap'... :rolleyes: Does anyone want to help me?

^ I still can't understand how an Armani gown can look 'cheap'... :rolleyes: Does anyone want to help me?

not everything is about label. if a dress doesnt look good, then it doesnt, no matter how expensive it is. Rania's dress was not a disaster, IMO if didnt have that one sleeve at all, or at least symmetric sleeves it wouldnt be that bad.

i hate to say that was a quit tacky look for a royal wedding,usually QRania looks elegant and glamourous but i think this time she missed up everything,the dress is lovley colour but indeed look cheep and messy as the make up and the hair especially the hair...OMG!!a disaster.
i think that Rania dram this time she was traying so hard that she ruins the whole look IMO.

I dare to say that I liked QR's hairdo, especially the color of the hair and the bracelet - tiara was delicate like QR's face and figure. The purple of the dress was hard I think, it suits her another shade of this color, not so sharp purple color , the contradiction between hair color and dress color was too big. On the other hand the dress even if Armani Prive made her look a bit shorter, this design with one sleeve would be interesting in a dress not long, in another ocassion. The whole look reminded me of a similar look with a similar purple dress in an official visit - I don't remember exactly. I waited to see something really stunning and fabulous, I was a little disappointed but QR was beautiful in face as ever even if she was tired.

She should have gone to Elie Saab - a Middle Eastern queen showcasing a Middle Eastern designer and a man who really knows how to enhance femininity. His dresses rarely disappoint.

Maby state visit to the Netherlands (picture)?

Yes, she didn't look good there either and many people commented at the time in the same way they have at the wedding about not looking elegant/styled/regal. You would think she would learn from her wardrobe mistakes :bang:

;););)

Yes, in Netherlands and Brunei, especially in Brunei the look was very similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom