Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 01:55 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Close Up ** Full View
... [snipped]
I do not like this dress. The hairstyle makes the whole outfit look unpolished. Additionally the dress is too revealing for the Queen of Jordan. In my opinion, it would have much better for her to wear a more traditional outfit.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

I actually love this Armani dress. It's quite perfectly elegant without being too conventional and features an interesting design with its stark black & white contrast softened by the tailoring and the rounded shapes.
But:
I don't like how Queen Rania wears the dress and how she moves in it.
The gown itself has a very classical, statuesque feeling to it, it was (agreed, al bina!) absolutely meant to be worn with the hair in a classy up-do, and absolutely not meant to be worn on a show stage while unnecessarily waving to the audience and cameras.
It's not the dress which shows too much skin, it's the Queen herself who does it.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Commoner

she wear armani privée dress
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/8701/pageh.jpg
Old 02-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I saw the dress in the videos and really like it. It's classy and elegant.
QR has worn dresses in the past with similar flowing, asymmetrical sleeves. It's a style that suits her and she knows how to pull it off.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hm-queen-rania View Post
It is curious,I like the dress in the way the model wears it,in one shoulder,but not as Rania wears it,covering the two shoulders...She would look better as model wears it imo,and with a bun ,not opened hair ,I think it is more sophisticated the bun imo
Old 02-18-2010, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
The gown itself has a very classical, statuesque feeling to it, it was (agreed, al bina!) absolutely meant to be worn with the hair in a classy up-do, and absolutely not meant to be worn on a show stage while unnecessarily waving to the audience and cameras.
It's not the dress which shows too much skin, it's the Queen herself who does it.
The photos are deceptive. She waved twice (very quickly) at the audience when entering the stage.
When she was leaving, the audience gave her a standing ovation and she waved at them to acknowledge it.
The dress looked impeccable and perfectly decent.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:36 PM
Courtier

IMO she looked great. I like the hairdo and the dress (more than her other Armani dress). It's very elegant - and I really like what she did and said in Sanremo.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:56 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

Detail her shoes:
Rania de Jordanie au Festival de San Remo. Le 17 février 2010 – Photos Rania de Jordanie
Old 02-18-2010, 06:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post
The photos are deceptive. She waved twice (very quickly) at the audience when entering the stage.
When she was leaving, the audience gave her a standing ovation and she waved at them to acknowledge it.
The dress looked impeccable and perfectly decent.
That's interesting! I'll have to agree with you here. I think the pictures somehow made her look indecent. My thought, when I first saw the pictures was that this is too much of a fashionista dress and not really appropriate for a queen, not to mention sitting on the stage and waving. But, when I saw the video, the dress didn't look indecent at all. It fit well in the right places and looked amazing on her. Also, I liked the way she wore it with both her shoulders and upper chest covered, unlike the model.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201 View Post
That's interesting! I'll have to agree with you here. I think the pictures somehow made her look indecent. My thought, when I first saw the pictures was that this is too much of a fashionista dress and not really appropriate for a queen, not to mention sitting on the stage and waving. But, when I saw the video, the dress didn't look indecent at all. It fit well in the right places and looked amazing on her. Also, I liked the way she wore it with both her shoulders and upper chest covered, unlike the model.
My thoughts exactly. You can see parts 2 and 3 of the interview here:
Queen Rania's trip to Barcelona & Sanremo: February 2010
Old 02-18-2010, 07:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

This black and white dress is very elegant.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Aristocracy

My first impression was "wow," but by the second picture I found the asymmetrical design to subtract from the elegance and overall "wow" factor.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:24 AM
Super Moderator

Back and side views of the dress from some screen captures I made: Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Armani Prive Spring 2010 collection

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing
Thank you Dazz.
Queen Rania's version of the dress seems to be a combination of the one above and this one: Armani Prive
Old 02-19-2010, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post
Back and side views of the dress from some screen captures I made: Image
Thank you Dazz.
Queen Rania's version of the dress seems to be a combination of the one above and this one: Armani Prive
Thanks Humera, yes it does seem like a combination.
I liked Rania's dress much more than what was featured on the runway, it seemed that it had more movement to it.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:24 PM
Nobility

When I first saw the Armani dress, the dark cape with its white underside and the way it flared out to her side reminded me of a stingray.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:22 PM
Nobility

I am not sure I like this dress or not. Very different. I agree that Rania's makeup and hair look wonderful, and I think her shoes are great. We have seen her in more beautiful evening gowns I think. I don't know if it is the scarf thing going in front of her neck or what, but to me something is off with this dress. However, I do agree that it looks much better on her than on the runway model.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:05 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

March 17, 2010 Official Visit from Brazil
Imageshack - lulajordania3.jpg
new dress
Old 04-06-2010, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
new dress
It looks more like a skirt & top than a dress. The top part & bottom part are slightly different shades.
Its a nice color & a nice change on Rania. Hair looked qute nice as well.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I liked this fresh and vibrant colour on Rania. The overall look is so beautiful!
Old 04-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
new dress
This dress is wonderful! I totally love the colour and shape. It looks great on Rania.
She looks so beautiful

Closed Thread