The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 12:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
I can not help noting that Queen Rania always succeeds in pulling off conservative, shall we say, Middle-Eastern themed gowns such the above ones. Sometimes she fails to do so wearing more modern designs.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
I don't know how to explain it. I like the LV dress on the model but not on Rania. Maybe this type of dresses aren't made for her petite frame.
I agree with you on that. Actually, I think why it looks better on the model is also because a certain attitude is needed to wear a dress like this. This is a 'fashionista" dress and needs to be worn as such. Now, Rania can't go around showing attitude--strutting and posing like a model/celebrity. She has to act in a more subdued manner, which doesn't go well with this "couture-y" dress. IMO, that's why I think she didn't look good in the Vionnet dress either. I think she should stick with simple, elegant cuts and styles as she really "works" them.

Old 01-21-2010, 02:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201 View Post
I agree with you on that. Actually, I think why it looks better on the model is also because a certain attitude is needed to wear a dress like this. This is a 'fashionista" dress and needs to be worn as such. Now, Rania can't go around showing attitude--strutting and posing like a model/celebrity. She has to act in a more subdued manner, which doesn't go well with this "couture-y" dress. IMO, that's why I think she didn't look good in the Vionnet dress either. I think she should stick with simple, elegant cuts and styles as she really "works" them.
I couldn't agree more! I believe the Armani or Elie Saab type of gowns are more suitable for her... and her position. Classic yet modern.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It's not the first time that she has same dress in two different colours:

Gucci dress
May 2006-October 2006
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
I don't like these dresses. They look very conservative!
Old 01-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/8939/ujo.jpg
Old 02-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Nobility

I just absolutely LOVE the white Greek goddess dress Queen Rania wore. It was absolutely stunning. I'm with you Princess Gertrude, I actually really liked Rami Kashou in Project Ruway. But his green dress for Queen Rania does not impress me. He should have had her wear one of his fabulous creations he made on the show, all of which were better than this green one, in my opinion.

The red dress with the blue belt and similar blue dress (that Salma posted) I think are ok, but a bit casual. I don't like to looseness of the fabric. They look a little sloppy to me, especailly for a Queen. I would have preferred something that had a little more structure maybe, not necessarily too fitted, just more structured. The style of these dresses reminds me of similar styles in the 80s.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Essential pieces like t-shirts, jeans etc is fine to have in different colors IMO but not something quite expensive or worn in public, I just dont think its nice.
The gucci dress for exampls is lovely buts its seen once and its not a runway to wear it a different color but thats just my opinion.
The blue and green Gucci dresses were either just borrowed for the night or simply given to the Queen by the designer, most like the former. It wouldn't make sense for her to buy two of the same designer evening dress. There's actually a fuschia version of it too which I personally loved and which Rania had worn that instead.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:53 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post
The blue and green Gucci dresses were either just borrowed for the night or simply given to the Queen by the designer, most like the former. It wouldn't make sense for her to buy two of the same designer evening dress. There's actually a fuschia version of it too which I personally loved and which Rania had worn that instead.
But it wouldnt have made sense for the designer to give two of the same pieces, they would give you different outfits unless they gave her one and she brought the other in a different color.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:18 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I've moved the latest posts on QRania's Zac Posen dress to the Old Fashion Discussion thread
Please note that all old discussion photos & posts will be moved to the thread but the thread rule is
Quote:
Pic links should be accompanied by a description, the date and event if known, and a comment on why the fashion is noteworthy.

If the post does not meet the above it will be removed.

Thanks
Old 02-17-2010, 05:29 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Armani Prive
Sanremo, Feb. 17, 2010
http://i45.tinypic.com/a1l7y9.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/200p4ic.jpg
Old 02-17-2010, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Close Up ** Full View

Not sure what to make of the dress.
I find it quite tacky when royals show arm pitts, I also think there is too much skin shown.
I like the style & the cut of the dress I also think it worked really well in black & white but yet I can see this dress on a much older women.
Also as an Armani dress which she has already one in black & white not sure why to get another one and not in a different color, the trimmings of the last one was also in white.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:51 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

I like her dress is beautiful. She used today too new shoes.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Is there a picture of the dress on the runway?
Old 02-17-2010, 09:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Love it - love it - love it! The cut is stunning on Queen Rania. The hair, the makeup, everything is perfect!
Old 02-18-2010, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post
Is there a picture of the dress on the runway?
Armani Prive Spring 2010 collection

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing
Old 02-18-2010, 07:28 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Thank you Dazzling I prefer Queen Rania´s dress.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

beautiful dress,its bit simillar to the one she put during the state dinner in Ialy both are Armani but i like the last one more.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
Not sure what to make of the dress.
Me, too. I cannot decide if I like it or not. I think it is not Rania's best dress choice, but it looks better on her then on the runway.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

too much revealing that no other 1st lady / queen from middle east or Islamic society can dare to wear in public and do not find different than the other she wore in state visit to Italy. her make up was perfect that she reminded me of an actress that I forgot ,sorry :)) but it looked better in pics than in video
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 02-18-2010, 12:57 PM
Heir Apparent

i think she looks great in that armani dress! great choice.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Closed Thread