Queen Rania's Eveningwear Part 4: November 2009 - November 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not like this dress. The hairstyle makes the whole outfit look unpolished. Additionally the dress is too revealing for the Queen of Jordan. In my opinion, it would have much better for her to wear a more traditional outfit.

I actually love this Armani dress. It's quite perfectly elegant without being too conventional and features an interesting design with its stark black & white contrast softened by the tailoring and the rounded shapes.
But:
I don't like how Queen Rania wears the dress and how she moves in it.
The gown itself has a very classical, statuesque feeling to it, it was (agreed, al bina!) absolutely meant to be worn with the hair in a classy up-do, and absolutely not meant to be worn on a show stage while unnecessarily waving to the audience and cameras.
It's not the dress which shows too much skin, it's the Queen herself who does it.

I saw the dress in the videos and really like it. It's classy and elegant.
QR has worn dresses in the past with similar flowing, asymmetrical sleeves. It's a style that suits her and she knows how to pull it off.

The gown itself has a very classical, statuesque feeling to it, it was (agreed, al bina!) absolutely meant to be worn with the hair in a classy up-do, and absolutely not meant to be worn on a show stage while unnecessarily waving to the audience and cameras.
It's not the dress which shows too much skin, it's the Queen herself who does it.

The photos are deceptive. She waved twice (very quickly) at the audience when entering the stage.
When she was leaving, the audience gave her a standing ovation and she waved at them to acknowledge it.
The dress looked impeccable and perfectly decent.
YouTube - SANREMO 2010 17/02/2010 -10/29- Sua MaestÃ* la Regina RANIA di GIORDANIA - Parte 1/3

IMO she looked great. I like the hairdo and the dress (more than her other Armani dress). It's very elegant - and I really like what she did and said in Sanremo.

The photos are deceptive. She waved twice (very quickly) at the audience when entering the stage.
When she was leaving, the audience gave her a standing ovation and she waved at them to acknowledge it.
The dress looked impeccable and perfectly decent.

That's interesting! I'll have to agree with you here. I think the pictures somehow made her look indecent. My thought, when I first saw the pictures was that this is too much of a fashionista dress and not really appropriate for a queen, not to mention sitting on the stage and waving. But, when I saw the video, the dress didn't look indecent at all. It fit well in the right places and looked amazing on her. Also, I liked the way she wore it with both her shoulders and upper chest covered, unlike the model.

That's interesting! I'll have to agree with you here. I think the pictures somehow made her look indecent. My thought, when I first saw the pictures was that this is too much of a fashionista dress and not really appropriate for a queen, not to mention sitting on the stage and waving. But, when I saw the video, the dress didn't look indecent at all. It fit well in the right places and looked amazing on her. Also, I liked the way she wore it with both her shoulders and upper chest covered, unlike the model.

My thoughts exactly. You can see parts 2 and 3 of the interview here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...remo-february-2010-a-26662-4.html#post1052366

This black and white dress is very elegant.

My first impression was "wow," but by the second picture I found the asymmetrical design to subtract from the elegance and overall "wow" factor.

Back and side views of the dress from some screen captures I made: Image
Thank you Dazz.
Queen Rania's version of the dress seems to be a combination of the one above and this one: Armani Prive

Thanks Humera, yes it does seem like a combination.
I liked Rania's dress much more than what was featured on the runway, it seemed that it had more movement to it.

When I first saw the Armani dress, the dark cape with its white underside and the way it flared out to her side reminded me of a stingray.

I am not sure I like this dress or not. Very different. I agree that Rania's makeup and hair look wonderful, and I think her shoes are great. We have seen her in more beautiful evening gowns I think. I don't know if it is the scarf thing going in front of her neck or what, but to me something is off with this dress. However, I do agree that it looks much better on her than on the runway model.

I liked this fresh and vibrant colour on Rania. The overall look is so beautiful!

Thank´s Seraphine I like the dress and colour but but not her shoes.

Good to know the dress is by G.Valli. I think Rania really likes his creations. Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't she wear a GV white top when she visited Spain with K.Abdullah? I'm not quite sure when, maybe in 2008. I remember it because it looked very beautiful and chic. :flowers:

Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't she wear a GV white top when she visited Spain with K.Abdullah? I'm not quite sure when, maybe in 2008. I remember it because it looked very beautiful and chic. :flowers:

Yes the top is by G. Valli:flowers:
http://static1.purepeople.com/artic...nia-de-jordanie-et-la-reine-sofia-637x0-1.jpg

Too these dresses:
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
http://chicinparis.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/queen-rania-of-jordan-in-giambattista-valli.jpg

Thank you for this Salma! :flowers: I didn't know about the dresses. Now I can see why Rania prefers this designer: his clothes flatter so much her perfect figure!! ;)

I think that red dress was fabulous on Rania. I thought the same thing that Dazzling mentioned - the top and bottom look like they are different shades of red. On the Net a porter website the dress looked more fuschia pink to me. I think the dress fit her so well, and to see her in a lovely red dress was really great. I also loved the tan shoes and clutch she had. Overall she looked wonderful. I also thought she looked just spectacular in the other G. Valli dresses that Salma posted. Amazing style and fit. Beautiful!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom