The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 03:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalu View Post
The dress worn at the Tech Awards is by Giorgio Armani (Armani Prive):
I don't like the Glamour Awards dress. It does nothing for her and it is too 'young' in feel. The shimmer on fabric makes her skin look dull and her makeup isn't light and pretty enough for this dress.

Old 11-09-2010, 04:19 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

November 8, 2010- Glamour Awards
Halston dress

Pic

Old 11-09-2010, 04:22 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
November 8, 2010- Glamour Awards
Halston dress

Pic
Her make up from a distance looks good but up close looks too grey. The hair is too straight which I think never looked good on her. I like the colors of the dress, really nice for a change form the dark colors she wore in the past months. This dress is not made for a belt. The shoes are too creamy, a nice purple or blue heels would've looked like nicer.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:45 AM
Royal Highness

The only thing I like is that the dress is not black. Than I dont like her hairstyle and make-up. And I agree the shoes dont go well with the dress colours.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

I notice that when she is in USA she uses same make up and hairstyle ; they make her look dull and not fresh at all ; as for the dress I did not like the fabric and if she repeated one of her black dresses would be much more better than this one ....
BTW i still feel she is tired and not active as usual ..
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 11-09-2010, 09:19 AM
Commoner

The dress is a modified version of this Halston Spring 2011 dress (style.com)

http://www.style.com/slideshows/2010...WAY/00030m.jpg
Old 11-09-2010, 10:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalu View Post
The dress is a modified version of this Halston Spring 2011 dress (style.com)

http://www.style.com/slideshows/2010...WAY/00030m.jpg

I can imagine a blonde like Princess Madeleine of Sweden would look good in this dress or someone like Princess Mary who has the dark hair and porcelain skin but it does not suit olive skin like Rania's. The colour is too icy especially with her golden hair highlights. I don't understand why she keeps making these style mistakes
Old 11-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Heir Apparent

I like the dress, but not on Q Rania. As someone pointed out, she doesn't have the right complexion to support metallic/icy colours - that's exactly the problem here. Her hair is lovely but the make-up... OMG, way too heavy!
Old 11-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamamah View Post
I can imagine a blonde like Princess Madeleine of Sweden would look good in this dress or someone like Princess Mary who has the dark hair and porcelain skin but it does not suit olive skin like Rania's. The colour is too icy especially with her golden hair highlights. I don't understand why she keeps making these style mistakes
You're right, yamamah. I personally don't like anything in this look. Her hairdo is tedious, the shoes appear to come from a different outfit and her indispensable accessory, belt, has to be again on her even at gala meetings. I really used to admire Rania for her style and beauty but recently she seems to have lost in the fashion world.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

as some members above i am also glad she wore other colors than black and the dark ones she use to wear recently...and then this the only thing i like in the look.
the dress have a nice cut but i am not huge fan of the fabric shoes,hair and make-up was not in the top either.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Commoner

agree with all the sentiments above-- this Halston has to be one of the worst evening wear choices of QR's- the color, the style, accessories, makeup, shoes, hair: nothing works. She looks washed out.

If anything, she should have at least switched the dresses from the Tech Awards and Glamour ceremony as the Glamour ceremony is a more "high-profile" event.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:00 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

I like both dresses, but the Armani´s dress is beautiful.

I think too that yesterday she must wore other shoes. She has an obsession with belts.

Nov. 8, 2010- Glamour Awards: purse, belt and shoes
Pic
Old 11-09-2010, 03:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Rania's look is just all right. Asymmetric baggy dresses with belts are in vogue right now. I wounder whether or not it was a sequin dress. In truth, studded or sequined dresses are not my cup of tea.
She looked exhausted or perhaps it was a case of a bad photography.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:38 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

It is a sequined dress, you can see it clearly in this picture

I loved the brown dress and actually like the dress from the Glamour Awards. I've seen pictures of it in better light and looks much nicer then the few dark images we saw at first. The problem is not the dress but QR's hair-colour, it doesn't suit her skin tone. She should darken it a few shades and it'll look much better, but not as dark as Princess Haya's. Also, she uses brown make-up a lot, it doesn't work with her skin either.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:12 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Armani´s dress: full view
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

The dress is beautiful I hope see it again.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Armani´s dress: full view
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

The dress is beautiful I hope see it again.
I think it is a beautiful dress too but with better hair and make up next time please
Old 11-10-2010, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

the Armani´s dress look beautiful on QRania i think this is her best outfit in the visit.
but honestly i don't know what happen to her hair and make up look bad very bad.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:58 AM
Administrator

I actually don't like the brown dress on Rania. I won't even comment on the hair and makeup. I think the dress, however, would great on Mette Marit.

Old 11-10-2010, 11:06 AM
Courtier

Maybe she was tired, on the other hand the photos were not of good quality.
But the icy dress I also agree doesn't suit her.

Quote:
I like both dresses, but the Armani´s dress is beautiful.

I think too that yesterday she must wore other shoes. She has an obsession with belts.

Nov. 8, 2010- Glamour Awards: purse, belt and shoes
Pic

What a bad belt! Golden belt with icy dress?

For the shoes : nude color shoes are trendy maybe not in this dark shade but at least they are in fashion this time.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Royal Highness

8 Nov 2010, Queen Rania and other participants' outfits

Fashion Police Files - 20th Glamour Woman of the Year Awards 2010