Queen Rania's Eveningwear Part 3: March - November 2009 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
Queen Rania's Eveningwear Part 3
The previous can be found here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators
Marmi, TheTruth, Glitteringtiaras & dazzling

:previous:Is that a couture or Ready to wear dress?
If it's a haute couture dress, so it's very disappointing, as it has the design that you can describe by "déjà vu", of casual caftans that everybody wear.

as a matter of interest, Rania's cream outfit that she wore to collect her award in Portugal is not by Dior but by Giambattista Valli. I saw the sleeveless dress version and various top versions in the shops last week

I loved the gown Queen Rania wore in Portugal. So pretty and simple.

It was also really nice to see her repeat the blue dress she wore in NY at the JRF fundraiser.

as a matter of interest, Rania's cream outfit that she wore to collect her award in Portugal is not by Dior but by Giambattista Valli. I saw the sleeveless dress version and various top versions in the shops last week

Thanks ! At last we know, I was searching for months. Beautiful dress, of the most elegant.

She looks very elegant! I think she wore it before, didn't she?

Yes last December.

I prefer if she don´t wear a belt with new dress.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/3702/sv0n3.jpg

Rania in another black evening dress in the Lanesborough hotel London

Its a pretty dress but why would you wear a belt with that dress? its not like a belt is needed nor the dress needs a daytime belt. Its sometimes dissapointing that she has some lovely pieces but ruins them with belts. The double colored dress is nice.

The dress at the Lanesborough Hotel was stunning. I loved the colours.

In some pics the dress seems green no black. I like it.

The dress is very elegant. I just don't like the belt. It doesn't look lovely & it doesn't suit for the dress. Sometimes, belts look good with dresses but this belt doesn't suit for this dress. Just my opinion.

She should leave the belts to Michelle Obama.And black? Come on Rania,bust out the jewel tones and you'll never regret it!

She should leave the belts to Michelle Obama.And black? Come on Rania,bust out the jewel tones and you'll never regret it!

Really, I think the occasional black on Rania looks stunning and the belt just brings out the elegance in her. Yes Michelle does look wonderful sometimes with her belts and her "Jewel Tones" but sometimes you gotta go with the classics.
Oh and who says only Michelle Obama looks good with belts.
x

In my opinion, this outfit is quite beautiful. It reminds me something from Chanel House. The belt is very fashionable.

I disagree respectfully with you.I dislike so much The Chanel House nowadays ,since karl Lagerfield designs such ugly dresses:nonono:

The dress is pretty but I don't think it does Queen Rania an justice. She has a wonderful body but in this dress she looks like of "droopy". I might like it more if she had pulled her hair back in a simple low pony tail.

I couldn't find the Queen Rania accessories thread so thought this was the most appropriate place for this story.

It's been reported in the past that Queen Rania is a fan of Sarah's Bags, a company whose handbags are produced by female prisoners. It turns out that that the bag she carried at Prince Felipe's wedding was by the company.

"A friend of Queen Rania's had visited the factory to buy her a gift and asked Sarah to put a slip of paper inside the handbag explaining that it had been made by prisoners. At the time, Sarah's handbags were not labelled because the project was in its infancy.

Queen Rania's bag bore the popular Arabic saying "Determination comes from those who are determined" and she carried it at the wedding of the crown prince of Spain."
BBC NEWS | World | Middle East | Lebanon 'prison chic' goes global

A photo of the bag:
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/508...35F8FA9CA92A6DC1B27F1DD0443CF474FC6B9CADF7309

More about the company:
Sarah decided to set up her company as part of a rehabilitation program, whereby women at risk from economic depravation or the stigma of having served time in prison would learn valuable skills in return for a reliable income and a stable source of pride, dignity, and empowerment. In the process, these women would be helping to revamp the centuries’ old traditions of artisans and textile makers in the Middle East for the purpose of invigorating contemporary fashion. The arrangement turned out to be successful, innovative, and highly efficient.
Sara's Bag | Beirut Lebanon

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom