Queen Rania's Eveningwear Part 3: March - November 2009 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't find the Queen Rania accessories thread so thought this was the most appropriate place for this story.

It's been reported in the past that Queen Rania is a fan of Sarah's Bags, a company whose handbags are produced by female prisoners. It turns out that that the bag she carried at Prince Felipe's wedding was by the company.

"A friend of Queen Rania's had visited the factory to buy her a gift and asked Sarah to put a slip of paper inside the handbag explaining that it had been made by prisoners. At the time, Sarah's handbags were not labelled because the project was in its infancy.

Queen Rania's bag bore the popular Arabic saying "Determination comes from those who are determined" and she carried it at the wedding of the crown prince of Spain."
BBC NEWS | World | Middle East | Lebanon 'prison chic' goes global

A photo of the bag:
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/508...35F8FA9CA92A6DC1B27F1DD0443CF474FC6B9CADF7309

More about the company:
Sarah decided to set up her company as part of a rehabilitation program, whereby women at risk from economic depravation or the stigma of having served time in prison would learn valuable skills in return for a reliable income and a stable source of pride, dignity, and empowerment. In the process, these women would be helping to revamp the centuries’ old traditions of artisans and textile makers in the Middle East for the purpose of invigorating contemporary fashion. The arrangement turned out to be successful, innovative, and highly efficient.
Sara's Bag | Beirut Lebanon

Thanks a lot for the interesting information! Such a nice movement from Queen Rania, that's why I respect and admire her so much.

yes i agree it's very beautiful gesture from QRania,i read article about this woman a while and i was so surprised by the identity of personalities who buy her bags:)

Would like to see a full view of the dress. The make up looked very fresh and perfect for an evening event. Hair also looked nice and neat.

Me too, she looks nice.

I like the neckline of the dress. It is very modern. Her hair and makeup are also very lovely.

Is this an old picture or a new one?

The dress is so simple and figure-hugging, and the small amount of jewellery (including a rare tiara, but no braclet) that the effect it quite strong. I dont particularly like her hair style though.

Wish the picture showed the full length of the gown.

Is this an old picture or a new one?

The dress is so simple and figure-hugging, and the small amount of jewellery (including a rare tiara, but no braclet) that the effect it quite strong. I dont particularly like her hair style though.

Wish the picture showed the full length of the gown.

Is old pic (Oct. 2008) but until now we don´t see it. She wore this tiara in Brunei.

oooh more purple Rania! Very regal color on her!

May 25, 2009

I don´t like the dress I prefer last year dress.
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/212/news111170.jpg

Here is another picture of the dress (posted by Salma). Dress IMO is really nice especially like the color and the dark silver/grey work on it. Looks like its a bolero and a sleevless dress. I dont like the hair, looks messy to me which is very unlike Rania. Also attending she looked really pale, hardly any make up, not saying that she has to wear alot but some color wont kill.

Thanks for the photo, salma.

A very pretty design, it's a shame there isn't a full length shot anywhere as it's difficult to tell what it looks like.

I didn't find her hair messy at all, I liked it a lot, I liked also the dress.

The dress is okay but I was hoping to see some colour on QR for independence day celebrations. As for the hair, it looks like she styled it herself, as I suspect she does on many occasions (though with better results).

I like the dress as well - itś really cute especially on Rania ...
This is the website with some tiaras - Queen Rania's is at the bottom in a small resolution (unfortunately):nonono:

Royal Jewels of the World: March 2006

That is a beautiful tiara even if it's a poor resolution. The dress doesn't look right on Rania, doesn't suit her in someway. I like her hair though.
x

Thank you, salma.

This looks like a really pretty thobe. It's a shame there isn't a better photo of her as it would be nice to see what it looks like. Hopefully it will be repeated.

It is too overelaborate for my taste

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom