The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 04:46 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

In some pics the dress seems green no black. I like it.

Old 04-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
Interesting halter detail but it was distracted by the too fussy buckle. The gown might have looked better with a simpler band. Though without a waist band, she probably would be drowned in the pleats/folds.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:24 AM
Heir Apparent

The dress is very elegant. I just don't like the belt. It doesn't look lovely & it doesn't suit for the dress. Sometimes, belts look good with dresses but this belt doesn't suit for this dress. Just my opinion.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:40 PM
Nobility

She should leave the belts to Michelle Obama.And black? Come on Rania,bust out the jewel tones and you'll never regret it!

viva l'amour!
Old 04-14-2009, 01:54 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixilated View Post
She should leave the belts to Michelle Obama.And black? Come on Rania,bust out the jewel tones and you'll never regret it!
Really, I think the occasional black on Rania looks stunning and the belt just brings out the elegance in her. Yes Michelle does look wonderful sometimes with her belts and her "Jewel Tones" but sometimes you gotta go with the classics.
Oh and who says only Michelle Obama looks good with belts.
x
Old 04-15-2009, 07:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/3702/sv0n3.jpg

Rania in another black evening dress in the Lanesborough hotel London
I think this evening dress is awful.She does not need money to dress so badly
Old 04-15-2009, 07:07 AM
Heir Apparent

In my opinion, this outfit is quite beautiful. It reminds me something from Chanel House. The belt is very fashionable.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

I disagree respectfully with you.I dislike so much The Chanel House nowadays ,since karl Lagerfield designs such ugly dresses
Old 04-17-2009, 01:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

The dress is pretty but I don't think it does Queen Rania an justice. She has a wonderful body but in this dress she looks like of "droopy". I might like it more if she had pulled her hair back in a simple low pony tail.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:53 AM
Heir Apparent

I couldn't find the Queen Rania accessories thread so thought this was the most appropriate place for this story.

It's been reported in the past that Queen Rania is a fan of Sarah's Bags, a company whose handbags are produced by female prisoners. It turns out that that the bag she carried at Prince Felipe's wedding was by the company.

"A friend of Queen Rania's had visited the factory to buy her a gift and asked Sarah to put a slip of paper inside the handbag explaining that it had been made by prisoners. At the time, Sarah's handbags were not labelled because the project was in its infancy.

Queen Rania's bag bore the popular Arabic saying "Determination comes from those who are determined" and she carried it at the wedding of the crown prince of Spain."
BBC NEWS | World | Middle East | Lebanon 'prison chic' goes global

A photo of the bag:
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/5088...4FC6B9CADF7309

More about the company:
Sarah decided to set up her company as part of a rehabilitation program, whereby women at risk from economic depravation or the stigma of having served time in prison would learn valuable skills in return for a reliable income and a stable source of pride, dignity, and empowerment. In the process, these women would be helping to revamp the centuries’ old traditions of artisans and textile makers in the Middle East for the purpose of invigorating contemporary fashion. The arrangement turned out to be successful, innovative, and highly efficient.
Sara's Bag | Beirut Lebanon
Old 04-20-2009, 07:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
I couldn't find the Queen Rania accessories thread so thought this was the most appropriate place for this story.

It's been reported in the past that Queen Rania is a fan of Sarah's Bags, a company whose handbags are produced by female prisoners. It turns out that that the bag she carried at Prince Felipe's wedding was by the company.

"A friend of Queen Rania's had visited the factory to buy her a gift and asked Sarah to put a slip of paper inside the handbag explaining that it had been made by prisoners. At the time, Sarah's handbags were not labelled because the project was in its infancy.

Queen Rania's bag bore the popular Arabic saying "Determination comes from those who are determined" and she carried it at the wedding of the crown prince of Spain."
BBC NEWS | World | Middle East | Lebanon 'prison chic' goes global

A photo of the bag:
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/5088...4FC6B9CADF7309

More about the company:
Sarah decided to set up her company as part of a rehabilitation program, whereby women at risk from economic depravation or the stigma of having served time in prison would learn valuable skills in return for a reliable income and a stable source of pride, dignity, and empowerment. In the process, these women would be helping to revamp the centuries’ old traditions of artisans and textile makers in the Middle East for the purpose of invigorating contemporary fashion. The arrangement turned out to be successful, innovative, and highly efficient.
Sara's Bag | Beirut Lebanon
Thanks a lot for the interesting information! Such a nice movement from Queen Rania, that's why I respect and admire her so much.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
This outfit was amazing
She was gorgeous.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 04-21-2009, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

yes i agree it's very beautiful gesture from QRania,i read article about this woman a while and i was so surprised by the identity of personalities who buy her bags
Old 04-24-2009, 03:45 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

April 22, 2009
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/157/98276367.jpg
Old 04-24-2009, 05:23 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
Would like to see a full view of the dress. The make up looked very fresh and perfect for an evening event. Hair also looked nice and neat.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:19 AM
Heir Apparent

I like Rania's black dress and , in particular, Rania's earrings!
Old 04-24-2009, 06:51 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Would like to see a full view of the dress. The make up looked very fresh and perfect for an evening event. Hair also looked nice and neat.
Me too, she looks nice.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Can we see the full view of the dress?
Old 04-24-2009, 01:49 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Delight View Post
Can we see the full view of the dress?
No pictures.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the neckline of the dress. It is very modern. Her hair and makeup are also very lovely.