Queen Rania's Eveningwear Part 3: March - November 2009 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is one of her worst evening outfits. Its quite young for her, the sleeves are no use on the dress. I think the dress would look much nicer without them on.
Something about the dress which reminds me of a bride on the beach with flowers in her hair.
I like the hair and the soft gold band, really nice.
I fully agree with you. The white Roman-goddess dress was not a good choice for the banquet. It would have been much better if Queen Rania had worn a thobe or caftan-type dress like the one she used to wear.

not liking her last white roman dress at all,everything look wrong on that dress especially the shoulder silly,plus it's not suitable for a state dinner IMO.

Imageshack - 25641006

Going a little bit back, I don't think it suits Rania to have her hair up like that, on contrast she looked very well with her hair down with that roman dress

I like the idea behind the 'Ancient Goddess' dress, but I don't like its execution.
The overall style is overdone and results in her looking as if she was ready to appear as an extra on a movie set, whether it's a Roman 'Cleopatra' setting or a Greek 'Helen of Troy' - it's a costime rather than a dress.

As for the Armani gown, it absolutely looks as if it was not fitted on her. The skirt is far too long and the criss-cross bands are sitting in an awkward position. It's a pity because this sleek dress, in contrast to the other one, could really have worked better.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out WHY I like the "White Toga Dress" so much on Rania, but I DO!!! She does look like a Goddess, IMHO. Reminds me of Angelina Jolie in some movie where she played a sexy roman vixen....any one else?

Angelina playing Olympias in Alexander!!Yeap,that's it,I nailed it!!! :D I still love it,doesn't matter if it wasn't appropriate for a state dinner.

About the black & white gown:it smelled like Armani from the beginning,very "Julia Roberts" dress ;) I should have thought of that...

The first evening dress(white/black)is stunning from front, it reminds me of one dress worn by Princess Garce, but from back no comment. I don't understund how such as horrible and unhealthy look can be called kissed by God. {edit} The second cream evening dress is nice, but nothing spectacular, it's more appropriate for summer and beach than for a dinner of a state visit. It's a pity that Rania doesn't wear some jordanian traditional dresses, they can look sometimes very beautiful and spectacular when the materials, colours and embroideries are well choosen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! The black and white Armani Prive dress is stunning, it looks like something out of a Hitchcock movie. The dress is spectacular and Rania looked spectacular in it.

I didn't particularly like the white dres. I thought the colour was dull and while the Roman-inspired draping was a nice gesutre to her hosts the overall look was all wrong. This was possibly one of her least successful evening looks imo.

Thanks Jess, I was wondering who created it.
This is the first time Rania has been seen in Armani Prive dress since he launched his collection.
Ineteresting that the dress had black diamonds on the back, im just curioues if they mean crystals or actual diamonds.

It is not the first time that QRania wears Armani Prive, see my post 199 in this thread :

'' I found this article in italian language :
Star. Giorgio Armani veste S.A.R. la regina Rania di Giordania

It says that the dress which Queen Rania wore in the event for Lucciano Pavarotti in Petra on October was by Giorgio Armani Prive, a grey pearl georgette dress''.

The dress : http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6017/83240897.jpg

It is not the first time that QRania wears Armani Prive, see my post 199 in this thread :

'' I found this article in italian language :
Star. Giorgio Armani veste S.A.R. la regina Rania di Giordania

It says that the dress which Queen Rania wore in the event for Lucciano Pavarotti in Petra on October was by Giorgio Armani Prive, a grey pearl georgette dress''.

The dress : http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6017/83240897.jpg

I remember your post Godiva but the dress is very similar to Herbe L.Leroux
Check my post here

Check my post here

At first I thought it was the same dress.:whistling:
Sorry...
But the dress is very beautiful, i love this style.
I'd like to see the whole collection of this designer.

Queen wore before S.Rolland´s dresses.

all her wardrobe in Italy-simply stunning!

Queen wore before S.Rolland´s dresses.

Really? Thanks for the info :flowers: He looks quite young-I googled him before- so,I guess she supports young and less known designers,too.
Which is good,imo.

:previous: I find them both wonderful, Salma :flowers: This man should design gowns exclusively for Queens!! Or Empresses :ohmy:

You´re welcome Melina I like the first dress is amazing I hope she wears it again.

she looks so BEAUTIFUL in those two ombre dresses!

Check my post here

Ok but as for me I post an article in italian language which says that the dress is by Armani Prive collection, I don't say just my opinion.

The white dress is sure by Rolland. Almost his whole collection was used by the same fabric as the white dress. If you know his work, previoues designs and fabrics usually used you can tell what he created.

Thank you for educating me on her designers, I have enjoyed "studying" them and the Queen!

:previous: Thank you for the above gallery :flowers: As I said before, QR must have taken the best outfits with her in Italy. I still can't decide which one I like best, all of them were wonderful!

You're welcome!:flowers:
Q.Rania knows what suits for her. She was very elegant during the visit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom