Queen Rania's Eveningwear Part 2: March 2007 - March 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GlitteringTiaras

Heir Apparent
City
.a
Country
United States
Welcome to Queen Rania's Eveningwear Part 2

Please remember to adhere to the forum Rules and FAQ when posting photos.

Enjoy and thank you for making Part 1 of Queen Rania - Elegant Gowns and Dresses an enjoyable read!

GT:flowers:
Royal House of Fashion Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
I think the dress worn to Seeds of peace gala, is one of the nicest, elegent dresses out of the three though i think the puff on the sleeves are a bit too big.
Imo the second dress looks like a copy though probably it isnt, it looks plain & boring imo.& coming to the first dress, i could see it worn for a lunch party

dazzling said:
coming to the first dress, i could see it worn for a lunch party
There's no time for the event, personally I think it's an evening event but we don't know that for sure.
Regardless, I really didn't like this dress, it reminded me of a lace doily.

The other 2 dresses are stunning, especially the blue gown worn at the MET. Wow! That colour looks amazing on her.

Does anyone know who designed the Met Institute Gala dress Rania wore?

Little_star said:
There's no time for the event, personally I think it's an evening event but we don't know that for sure.
Regardless, I really didn't like this dress, it reminded me of a lace doily.

Could it be considered as an evening dress? it looks more as a daytime event

The navy blue evening gown, not the short black dress

Little_star said:
Queen Rania in New York:

At a FINCA related event with Natalie Portman (3 May- Popsugar Gallery)
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty/13841284_0.jpg
MET Costume Institute Benefit Gala (7 May-Getty)
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty/74097371.jpg
Seeds of Peace Gala, New York (7 May-Getty)
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty/74096161.jpg
On the first dress she looks pregnant.
On the second - I don't like the skirt but the top and colour are great.
On the third - I like it very much:) She looks fantastic!

The two dresses from last night are great!

dazzling said:
Could it be considered as an evening dress? it looks more as a daytime event
Well she was busy during the day, so it was assumed that this must have been an evening function.

My favorite is the second dress.
The third dress looks similar to the ones she wore in Paris.

Little_star said:
Queen Rania in New York:

At a FINCA related event with Natalie Portman (3 May- Popsugar Gallery)
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty/13841284_0.jpg
MET Costume Institute Benefit Gala (7 May-Getty)
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty/74097371.jpg
Seeds of Peace Gala, New York (7 May-Getty)
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty/74096161.jpg

rania looked amazing during her visit to the usa! she is so classically stylish. i'd say the blue gala gown is among my favs of the visit.

carlota said:
rania looked amazing during her visit to the usa! she is so classically stylish. i'd say the blue gala gown is among my favs of the visit.

Totally agree with you . One more time, Rania looked absolutely fabulous . It's a shame to be so beautiful !!!:D
I also especially liked the blue gown, I've no word to tell how beautiful it was ...:wub:

I love that colour on her, I don't like the sleeves but the rest of the dress really suits her.

magnik said:
On the first dress she looks pregnant.
On the second - I don't like the skirt but the top and colour are great.
On the third - I like it very much:) She looks fantastic!

I agree with you

Little_star said:
I love that colour on her, I don't like the sleeves but the rest of the dress really suits her.

I agree that the color is great on her & the sleeves arent nice but also i thought she'd be in something more nicer. Her evening wear seems to very plain & boring to me. this reminds me (style & color) of the Rochas dress she wore last year (pictured with J.Lo) so weve seen something very similar.

dazzling said:
I agree that the color is great on her & the sleeves arent nice but also i thought she'd be in something more nicer. Her evening wear seems to very plain & boring to me
Well, the Time gala event is not an event about clothes, like for example the MET event. It's much more serious. Wearing something more ornate or heavily emboridered juust wouldn't have looked right.

Personally speaking I would never find draped silk/georgette boring, which is what I think the dress is made from.

Little_star said:
Queen Rania at a fundraising dinner for orphans (15/05/2007-Petra)

she looks good but i think she should avoid wearing black, makes her look way under weight, though im glad she isnt in a belt :)

chelsea said:
Does anyone know who designed the Met Institute Gala dress Rania wore?

The designer of that dress is Giambatista Valli, I read that in the Telegraph, a British newspaper. He is the man she appears with in the photo posted by Little Star
It´s couture and I have not been able of getting that dress in the catwalk. :ermm: I could only find his Ready to Wear collections. :flowers:

dazzling said:
she looks good but i think she should avoid wearing black, makes her look way under weight, though im glad she isnt in a belt :)

I would like very much to know who designed all these dresses ....especially the collection of black dresses. Does anybody has any idea?

Queen Rania in Morocco June 1, 2007. Dress by temperley spring-summer 07 runway.

Rania (anp)
Temperley (style)

dazzling said:
Queen Rania in Morocco June 1, 2007. Dress by temperley spring-summer 07 runway.

Rania (anp)
Temperley (style)

OMG! I absolutely LOVE this dress on her!! I'd love to see HQ images.. Pleaseee...

dazzling said:

Rania (anp)
Temperley (style)
Thanks :flowers:. I think this is a beautiful dress. She looks stunning.

Once again, Rania looks stunning and absolutely beautiful . Marvellous dress !:clap: :electric:

Anita said:
Once again, Rania looks stunning and absolutely beautiful . Marvellous dress !:clap: :electric:
I agree .............

Stunning dress! It is so very striking and stands out much more than either caftan.

I recently came across these old photos of evening outfits worn by Queen Rania, I cannot recall seeing them before.

Queen Rania at a dinner honouring Rafiq Hariri's visit to Jordan in 2001, his wife Nazek Hariri is photographed
LINK
I really like her hair here, whilst it suits her long, if she fancies a change I think a short cut like this one would look really good.

Queen Rania at a concert with King Abdullah in June 2000
LINK

Queen Rania at the opening of the Alexandria Library in 2002
LINK

(ANP)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom