Queen Rania's Eveningwear Part 2: March 2007 - March 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Little_star said:
I recently came across these old photos of evening outfits worn by Queen Rania, I cannot recall seeing them before.

Queen Rania at a dinner honouring Rafiq Hariri's visit to Jordan in 2001, his wife Nazek Hariri is photographed
LINK
I really like her hair here, whilst it suits her long, if she fancies a change I think a short cut like this one would look really good.

Queen Rania at a concert with King Abdullah in June 2000
LINK

Queen Rania at the opening of the Alexandria Library in 2002
LINK

(ANP)

I haven't seen these pictures before, thank you very much.

Little_star said:
Queen Rania at a concert with King Abdullah in June 2000
LINK(ANP)

I think its the angle of the photo but empire waist does not look flattering on Rania. Are there any other photos from the same event? It looks like a nice dress but not on her.:ermm:

She was expecting Princess Salma at the time, she was born 3 months later in September.

She seems to be out and about alot without her husband recently.

That's not really that strange though as the activities tend to be quite different. Unless thye're on visitis abroad or receiving guests their agendas do tend to be quite dfferent.

Godiva said:
I haven't seen these pictures before, thank you very much.
You're welcome! I particularly like the photo with Nazek Hariri, it's such a happy photograph and such a stark contrast to the last time they were seen together.

designer

i've been searching previous posts to find out who designed Queen Rania's long skirt at the spanish royal wedding, but couldnt find it. can anyone tell me who designed her outfit?

thanks

Her Majesty looks absolutely magnificent in the black-and -white attire. Although created by the western fashion designer, the dress has been adapted for the ocassion perfectly.

I came across this old photo of Rania attending the "Greatest Love Gala" at the Royal Albert Hall
he0612s44.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"The Greatest Love Gala 2000 was held on 11th May at the Royal Albert Hall, in the presence of Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan, uniting the Chicken Shed Theatre Company, the NSPCC, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital of Memphis, USA and L'hopital de la Sainte-Famille of Bethlehem, Palestine. The evening raised GBP £200,000 which was shared between the four charities. Our creed continues to be "Not just 'our' children, but all children"
The story so far

The Library opened in 2002 and yes I think the skirt is velvet.

Queen Rania of Jordan at the Bambi media award ceremony in Dusseldorf, western Germany, Thursday, Nov. 29, 2007 (reuters via yahoo)
Full view -- Close up

Queen in a couture Elie Saab winter 2007 gown - picture(style)

Queen Rania of Jordan at the Bambi media award ceremony in Dusseldorf, western Germany, Thursday, Nov. 29, 2007 (reuters via yahoo)
Full view -- Close up

Queen in a couture Elie Saab winter 2007 gown - picture(style)

Divine, simply divine! Love the draping and the fabric, what can I say, amazing. I would love to see the rest of Elie's collection on Style.com. Perhaps there are more items that Rania will wear this season from him.

Other than that, I wish her hair was off her face, but still down and loose.

Larzen,

Perhaps it's the same Elie Saab dress - meaning both Queen Rania and Diane Kruger borrowed it? Aren't they the same height and built? Although, I'm sure this dress is available for the public to buy at the moment since it's part of the winter collection. (The clothes for spring 2008 have already been shown in the fashion shows but availability of these dresses don't come up until next year so if Queen Rania shows up in a spring 2008 gown then it most definitely is the one from the collection.) Just a thought.

-Ayvee

I don't think Rania has "exclusive" access to his gowns, with the exception of maybe a few eg. her Coronation gown and her thobe at the Arab Women's Summit in 2002. Those were, imo, specially commissioned. Most of her Elie Saab gowns are just adjusted so they end up looking slighty different, it's not the first time somebody else has worn the same dress as her.

I dont think exclusivly, her past Elie Saab dresses were off the run way, some with a few changes & the only rule for couture is one per country & not one per person then unless Rania had asked for a whole new dress design that would be just for her as like her Coronation gown.

The dress looked lovely, its a nice shade and not so much going on, I liked the playing with the fabric. I also thought Saab's gowns suited her the best, good to see her in one after such a long time :)

I think it's the same design but not the same copy. Rania's looks slightly more conservative than Diane's. While both ladies look very elegant, Diane's is sexier.

The dress is very beautiful. I much prefer Diane's version as her up-do highlights the dress' neckline very well.

Royal Family Fashion Transcends Tradition

... to the Middle East, Queen Rania of Jordan has been continually praised for her classic, yet fashion conscious, sense of style. Rania was the youngest Queen in the world at the time of her husband's investiture. Named a "Style Legend" by Vanity Fair, Rania is often seen in sensible clothes with punchy accessories and towering heels. She appeared at the most recent Costume Institute Gala in a navy blue gown by Giambattista Valli ... read here

As fascinating as it is to compare dress designs worn by the Queen to their appearance on the runway and to others wearing them, I do wish she would commission more gowns exclusively for herself.
It's the habit of almost every European Queen, no matter if they use personal dressmakers or well-known designers, and it adds the final touch to a regal appearance. I don't mean to say that Queen Rania should dress in a more conservative fashion - she is most elegant and I love a dress like the latest Ellie Saab, but I would prefer that her designers made 'one-of-a-kind' gowns for her.

she looks superb, but that's no surprise: she always does!

i found it interesting to see her mingling around celebrities such as katie holmes and tom cruise, though. :)

Queen Rania looks absoultley Stunning without a doubt,her hair,dress is beautiful....best dress she's wore so far!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom