Queen Rania's Eveningwear Part 1: December 2003 - March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I feel the opposite, I like the originals better. The royals show up with a modest, prim, tidied-up version lol! But yes, we couldn't have the more non-dignified versions on our royals. ;) :)

I don't know if you will agree about it but I'm totally in love with Elie Saab's dresses . I find them totally gorgeous, stunning !

Alicky said:
Really? I feel the opposite, I like the originals better. The royals show up with a modest, prim, tidied-up version lol! But yes, we couldn't have the more non-dignified versions on our royals. ;) :)

You're right,we couldn't have royals ladies walking around in the originals,but I still feel that Rania should cover a little more.Even after "fixing" the dress,it looks a little inappropriate for a muslim queen.(to me);)

Anita said:
I don't know if you will agree about it but I'm totally in love with Elie Saab's dresses . I find them totally gorgeous, stunning !

you know I've mentioned this before in this thread. Queen Rania looks best in Elie Saab's formal wear. His gowns are feminine, glamorous, and have details that one doesnt see on most other designers' creations.

"You're right,we couldn't have royals ladies walking around in the originals,but I still feel that Rania should cover a little more.Even after "fixing" the dress,it looks a little inappropriate for a muslim queen.(to me);)"

And what is a "muslim" queen supposed to look like?

GömdNatt said:
I've got a question about the second dress she wore while in sweden in 2003, I think it was.

Now, I normally love Rania and her clothes and all of that, BUT...why on earth would she wear a dress that leaves her shoulders and arms bare when Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Madeleine all covered their arms and shoulders? (though Madde didn't really cover her shoulders...but I digress.) They were courteous enough to respect Rania's culture and not even Rania could? Or what? I am I just over analyzing it?

How about... she really liked the dress when she saw it and decided she was going to buy it. Works for me ;)

~*~Humera~*~ said:
are you Jordanian? If not then why are you concerned?
There are plenty of Jordanians on this board who have no problem with the way Rania dresses.
If we follow your logic, many of the royals around the world will have to poll their citizens as to what they should wear:rolleyes:
Taxpayers pay for their governments in all countries. I guess I should tell my prime minister what he should wear too since I pay taxes.

I'm not jordanian either,but those who are concerbed are from the 80% of the jordanian women who wear "scarfs or "hijab",and shame on rania that she said that statistics show that most of the jordanian women who wear alhijab are obliged ecomically to do that and not from religieous convictions:confused: ,which kind of queen who can say that:rolleyes: ,I'm sure only the immature and the irresponsible one:cool:

Tami_T said:
I'm not jordanian either,but those who are concerbed are from the 80% of the jordanian women who wear "scarfs or "hijab",and shame on rania that she said that statistics show that most of the jordanian women who wear alhijab are obliged ecomically to do that and not from religieous convictions:confused: ,which kind of queen who can say that:rolleyes: ,I'm sure only the immature and the irresponsible one:cool:

I can see you're new to this thread.
I have no intention of going back to this annoying topic.
We've only just managed to go back to Rania's dresses. Please dont ruin things for the rest of us who are not here to debate religion but talk about fashion.
Maybe you can carry on this conversation via pm with other members who think like you. Again, have the courtesy to not bring up a topic that has been distasteful for myself and many other members.

OK now we're going overboard here. The woman can't win. If she wears a western style outfit, she's damned for not adhering to being a "good muslim woman" if she wears a traditional style arab dress, she'll be too boring. Poor woman. Like I said earlier - how about she saw the dress, liked it and decided that's what she was going to wear. Works for me. I'm sure there are a lot of us out there that wear what we like because we saw it and fell in love with it. However it works out - she won't be pleasing all of us so may as well be gracious and compliment her for the nice clothes that we like on her and leave the rest alone.

Queen Rania has never worn anything embarrasing or revealing. I think her clothes are all done in good taste. I think she's perfect.

You know what they say - if you can't say anything nice about someone... :)

Last edited:
Okay, everybody take a deep breath and cool down! This is not the place to discuss religion. The name of the thread is Queen Rania of Jordan - elegant gowns and dresses and the only subject that you should be discussing is fashion as it relates to Rania. Everyone is entitled to join in the discussion regardless of their nationality, religion or ethnic background and everyone is entitled to their opinions even if they differ from yours.

Mandy
Royal House of Fashion Moderator

Lisele said:
OK now we're going overboard here. The woman can't win. If she wears a western style outfit, she's damned for not adhering to being a "good muslim woman" if she wears a traditional style arab dress, she'll be too boring. Poor woman. Like I said earlier - how about she saw the dress, liked it and decided that's what she was going to wear. Works for me. I'm sure there are a lot of us out there that wear what we like because we saw it and fell in love with it. However it works out - she won't be pleasing all of us so may as well be gracious and compliment her for the nice clothes that we like on her and leave the rest alone.

Queen Rania has never worn anything embarrasing or revealing. I think her clothes are all done in good taste. I think she's perfect.

You know what they say - if you can't say anything nice about someone... :)
Well put. Brava -- I agree 1,000%.

Queen Rania dresses are lovely and always look totally beautiful on her:) :)

here's a dress I forgot to post along with the other traditional dresses worn by Rania.
From April 2005. Pics from Petra.

oh my, in the october 1999 pics, she looks like such a "queen", LOL, u know, the pretty clothes, the pretty colours, the pretty queen!

~*~Humera~*~ said:
November 12, 2002 - New York
Elie Saab dress

I found a nice side-view of this dress. This pic shows all the detail on the left side, something I hadnt noticed before. (From ACI Press)

I absolutely love that Elie Saab dress, it's stunning, especially as chocolate brown is one of those colours that is incredibly rich and intense. I think she really let the dress speak for itself when she wore it.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Traditional dresses - 2002 (Pics from Petra, Seegerpress)

okay now doesnt the brown vest with this orange dress look the same as the choclate Elie Saab dress above? It also reminds me of a different version of the same ES dress worn by Asma al Assad.
Pics from fotomarktplatz:

I have to say its a creative and fun way of wearing the same dress twice without having the look of it. Both the fabric and the deep chocolate colour are absolutely gorgeous. I can see why Elie Saab is a favourite with many first ladies of the middle east.

Last edited:
Here's a dress Rania wore on May 6, 2005 in Jordan (Pic 1) and at a gala dinner in Switzerland on June 26, 2005 (Pic 2). Both times she wore it with the same cardigan for a casual/semi-formal look.
Pics from Petra.

ps. if anyone knows the designer, please let us know.

"okay now doesnt the brown vest with this orange dress look the same as the choclate Elie Saab dress above? It also reminds me of a different version of the same ES dress worn by Asma al Assad."

It does seem similar and it's certainly a novel way of re-using the dress.

September 3, 2005 - Queen Rania in Milan.
I have searched through all the Fall 2005 collections and cant find the designer.
If anyone else can figure it out, please let us know.

btw..QR has worn 4 or 5 different pieces of clothing of a similar shade of green this year.
Pictures from DPA

I love that gold beaded fringe along the bottom of the skirt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elie Saab Designs

I love Elie Saab; think the designs are some of the most beautiful, figure flattering and marvelously coloured out there today! I see a lot of celebrities have been wearing his designs now but I hadn't really heard of Elie Saab until I saw QR in a particularly lovely dress and learned who the designer was. This was several years ago, early in her reign. Did she help promote his career? Was he already fairly well established (if so, I hadn't recognized his work as his work until QR began to wear him)? I'm assuming, by the way, Saab is a "he." Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Elie Saab is a he, so you can breathe a sigh of relief, maryshawn. I think he was fairly obscure until the 2002/2003(?) Oscard when Halle Berry wore one of his dresses (it was stunning). That was the year she won. Until then he wasn't a big name because alot of the magazines commented on her wearing designs by someone who wasn't particularly well-known.

I've been looking at Elie Saab's collections over the past 5-6 years and all of them are exquisite. I can see why Queen Rania has been wearing his dresses for years.
Although Elie Saab isnt as big a name in Hollywood, compared to red carpet favourites like Valentino and Versace, I think his creations are some of the most feminine and glamorous. They tend to have a unique, exotic look that isnt exactly made for Hollywood but is obviously very popular among the first ladies and socialites of the Middle East.

Alicky said:
I love that gold beaded fringe along the bottom of the skirt.

Same here, the color also compliments her skin tone quite well.

QRania said:
To me the most beautiful is the long skirt that she wore in Prince of Spain's wedding!!

I could'nt agree more QRania. This two piece combination was absolutely stunning!

"MII"

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Here's a dress Rania wore on May 6, 2005 in Jordan (Pic 1) and at a gala dinner in Switzerland on June 26, 2005 (Pic 2).
I found out who the designer is.
This dress is from the Prada Fall 2005 collection (Picture from First view)

I like the deep red colour version. Black washed out all the details on the runway model. The deep red helps to "pop" out the details of the beadings.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Here's a rarely seen dress Rania wore to a benefit gala in London in 2001.
Another dress by Elie Saab. From his Spring 2001 collection. (First view)

I love that dress, it's absolutely stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom