Queen Rania's Eveningwear Part 1: December 2003 - March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks micas:)

Queen Rania in a Narciso Rodriguez dress, worn in June 2003 in Lebanon and again in August 2003 for Prince Hamzah's marriage ceremony

Last edited:
I think that everyone was jealous of Rania in the spanish wedding, cause she was one of the most elegant and also very fashion. Gorgeous!!!;)

Alexandria said:
The only other woman whom I can think of who wore a long, to the floor-length skirt or dress at the wedding was Queen Sofia, and given that she's the groom's mother and the first lady of the country, I think that that is an exception that can be made. But for Rania, even as a Queen herself, to break the dress code protcol to me is a sign of disrespect. Queen Sofia wouldn't show up at a place of worship in Jordan and not cover her hair, so why should Rania be able to dictate what she wants to wear at a wedding held in Spain?

I wasn't talking about QS . I did see a woman who wore a yellow gown .

QRania said:
I think that everyone was jealous of Rania in the spanish wedding, cause she was one of the most elegant and also very fashion. Gorgeous!!!;)

I agree with you. Everyone is jealous of Rania who criticize her because of her clothes.

nilah said:
I wasn't talking about QS . I did see a woman who wore a yellow gown .

Could you please post a link to this woman? I was a pretty careful follower of the Spanish royal wedding and cannot think who you might be referring to. Thank you.

nilah said:
I agree with you. Everyone is jealous of Rania who criticize her because of her clothes.

I don't think this is a fair nor is it a true assessment of those who did not agree with Rania's choice of attire at the Spanish royal wedding. I thought her outfit at the Spanish wedding was beautiful, and I have noted as such, and it is an outfit that I would love to own. I just did not feel that it was the appropriate choice of outfit for the particular occasion she chose to wear it to. Just because one is critical of royals does not mean that they are "jealous" of them; that is a weak and unfair accusation just because some people look at situations with a slightly more critical eye than others.

Last edited:
I agree, I dont think its fair of you both QRania and nilah to accuse others of jealousy just because they make a valid criticism of Rania's choice of clothing.
I really like Queen Rania as everyone can tell Im sure, but that doesnt mean I have to like or praise everything she does and wears. Its called being fair and objective.

Humera, I like how honest and subjective you are with your opinions. You're very honest and I respect that. Just because you disagree with Rania's intentions whether on purpose or accidental, your opions is for sure not out of jealousy. ;) You also post a lot of amazing picutres of Rania and thank you for that!

~*~Humera~*~ said:
I agree, I dont think its fair of you both QRania and nilah to accuse others of jealousy just because they make a valid criticism of Rania's choice of clothing.
I really like Queen Rania as everyone can tell Im sure, but that doesnt mean I have to like or praise everything she does and wears. Its called being fair and objective.

~*~Humera~*~ said:

Oh my God!! Let the woman be... you're making a big deal of it and I don't think this is too important for us to be arguing. That was her choice!!

QRania said:
Oh my God!! Let the woman be... you're making a big deal of it and I don't think this is too important for us to be arguing. That was her choice!!

Please remember that members have the right to express their opinions whether or not you agree with them and, it is inappropriate to call someone jealous because they express a view contrary to yours.

There's a marked difference between discussion and argument. At this time, it seems to be a friendly discussion of Queen Rania's attire at Felipe's wedding, despite opposing viewpoints. When it becomes otherwise, a member of the administration/moderator team will no doubt steer the discussion back to the appropriate topic.

Mandy
TRF Administrator

Queen Rania in a Donna Karan dress - June 2003

Rania in a Narciso Rodriguez dress - Madrid, September 30, 2003

Last edited:
October 2003

Princess Badiya's engagement - September 2004

Rania's gala dresses from her early days as Queen

April 2000 - State visit to Norway

I've noticed that at the beginning Rania wore a lot of dresses made of this taffeta type material.

Last edited:
June 2000 - Red Cross Gala, London

May 11, 2000 - charity gala, London

June 9, 2000

May 25, 1999 - Jordanian independence day celebration

Monalisa said:
Actually rania used to break protocol in many occasions!,in favour of being the centre of attentions as she seems to like!
it seems that rania is an egocentric person who likes cameras and likes to be "the star",even by disrespecting her hotes and her religieon and the people that she's supposed representing!

Don't the moderators find that this post violates the Forum Posting Rules and Guidelines?

nilah said:
Don't the moderators find that this post violates the Forum Posting Rules and Guidelines?

Not at all. Monalisa, like all members here, is entitled to her opinons. And from the quoted post, she explained her position in a manner I find perfectly reasonable. It's not a favourable opinon of Rania, but not everyone here is required to like Rania. And even those who do like Rania, as I personally do, are still allowed to express criticism of her if they see fit. Nobody is perfect, including Kings and Queens, Princes and Princesses.

In the future nilah, if you have a personal problem with a member's post, then please send a PM to me or another Administrator or SuperModerator rather than making a public post about it, as stated in TRF's Posting Rules & Guidelines: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4920.

Alexandria
Royal Forums Administrator

back to Queen Rania's old gala dresses.

State visit to Spain - October 1999

Last edited:
Various rarely seen dresses from 1999

1. Warsaw
2-3. London
4. Japan

Wonderful pics like always, but is some nice pic from the second pic conting from the last?? The dress and the all look simes to be great.

Did I miss a post or can someone explain exactly what's acceptable in Muslim culture for women's clothing? It appears to me that the photos in #150 show a lot of skin. Does shear fabric count as covering?

Incas said:
Did I miss a post or can someone explain exactly what's acceptable in Muslim culture for women's clothing? It appears to me that the photos in #150 show a lot of skin. Does shear fabric count as covering?

that would depend on what country a woman lives in. Muslim "culture" is different in every region. The general rule is modesty in clothing for men and women as advocated by the Holy Quran, which includes covering everything thats not apparent. A woman's bosom, for example, must be covered, ie. no cleavage.
Some people who are strict in their interpretations of what is modest, will say that sheer clothing isn't allowed. But that's very obviously an opinion, not something that is explicitly forbidden anywhere.

Some of Queen Rania's older informal dresses.
Rania wore a lot of dresses with long coats while she was pregnant with Princess Salma in 2000, unlike her last pregnancy during which she chose to wear a lot of black tops and blouses with pants.

1. July 1999 - St. Tropez vacation
2. July 5, 1999 - Memorial for King Hussein in London's St. Paul Cathedral
3. April 2000 - State visit to Norway. Celine dress
4. June 2000 - Kuwait
5. May 2000 - New York

more informal dresses

1. June 2001 - New York. Ralph Lauren dress
2. February 2001
3-4. February 14, 2001

I think that queen Rania has been developing her style and looking better as a result. However i still think that she could do much better. In my opinion she always has too much detailes, the belt, the scarf, and so and so at the same time. Instead of all that she could stick with something simple that could make an statement at the same time.

I've got a question about the second dress she wore while in sweden in 2003, I think it was.

Now, I normally love Rania and her clothes and all of that, BUT...why on earth would she wear a dress that leaves her shoulders and arms bare when Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Madeleine all covered their arms and shoulders? (though Madde didn't really cover her shoulders...but I digress.) They were courteous enough to respect Rania's culture and not even Rania could? Or what? I am I just over analyzing it?

GömdNatt said:
I've got a question about the second dress she wore while in sweden in 2003, I think it was.

http://img129.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2a6ym.jpg

Now, I normally love Rania and her clothes and all of that, BUT...why on earth would she wear a dress that leaves her shoulders and arms bare when Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Madeleine all covered their arms and shoulders? (though Madde didn't really cover her shoulders...but I digress.) They were courteous enough to respect Rania's culture and not even Rania could? Or what? I am I just over analyzing it?

she has worn a dress like this before. The fact that the Swedish royal women dressed appropriately was very considerate. But one cant lump all Muslim or Arab or even Jordanian women together. Some dress way more conservative than Rania while others wear clothing thats very revealing. Rania has her own style which isn't conservative but it isnt vulgar or revealing either. Cultures aren't monoliths. I doubt every woman in Sweden dresses the same.
I dont think Rania dresses to please others or to conform with conservative opinion. So I wouldnt say that her "culture" requires women to cover their arms and shoulders. There are plenty of Jordanian women who go around wearing sleeveless dresses just like there are those who wear the veil.
Infact the Swedish royals would be among the first to know that the JRF is very liberal in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom