Queen Rania's Eveningwear Part 1: December 2003 - March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pdas1201 said:
I think Rania looks beautiful when she wears Jordanian dresses. Even though she has worn lots of beautiful and expensive western dresses. She truly looks magnificent when she wears something that represents her country and I am sure when she does, Jordanian people feel proud.
I absolutely love two jordanian dresses she wore, one, the coronation dress and second, the red dress she wore at Farah Dagastani's wedding.

I couldn't find a full frontal portrait of Queen Rania from the coronation day, so I just took a group picture and cropped it. I hope it doesn't look bad.
Queen Rania is like the a painting of the most beautiful lady on the top of the chocolate box...an oneiric vision to the eyes.She represents her country from her soul and yes those gowns of Jordanian origin are magnificent as she is.

Last edited:
Humera said:
I love the fact that Rania's formal gowns in particular always have a unique touch, something that reflects her own personality and sense of style
I think we have our answers for definitive dressing of the Queen.
It is always difficult to attire a very beautiful woman.
In the pictures here the photo where she is wearing the "teal" or "muted blue" suit her immensely.The Queen is a Virgo and so is Lauren Bacall that other great style icon. I suggest she adopt the muted tones for every colour including muted yellow and brown. Anything muted and understated resembling the style of Lauren Bacall who was way ahead of her time is the thing.
I suggest therefore the abolition of turquoise and pink if any from the wardrobe.

Humera said:
Another dress by Elie Saab. From his Spring 2001 collection. (First view)

The colours here are pale and not muted. so we have the great beauty Queen Rania looking washed out

Last edited by a moderator:
Humera said:
Traditional dresses, 2001

May 25 - Independence day celebrations (Pics from Petra and Corbis)

1-2. January 19 - also worn in 2000 (Corbis)
3. May 16

This dress, I believe, looks the same as the one Rania wore in 1999. Except in the 2001 version, a yellow border has been added to the embroidery (Corbis):
1-2. 2001 version
3. 1999 version

Superb in ethnic clothing with a white and black backround only and any embelishments.{mirror work . etc.}Keep it distinct.

Queen Rania and Oleg Cassini

If I were the Queen I would ask Oleg Cassini for sketches and I would ask his opinion on everything. He would be one of my compasses and of course I would ask him to dinner with the KIng

Oleg Cassini died last March, so I don't think he's available.

Rania looks fantastic in Givenchy, Elie Saab, Oscar de la Renta. In the future I would like to see her branch out a bit more perhaps some from Dries van Noten, Proenza Schouler, and Sonia Rykiel.

GlitteringTiaras said:
Oleg Cassini died last March, so I don't think he's available.

Rania looks fantastic in Givenchy, Elie Saab, Oscar de la Renta. In the future I would like to see her branch out a bit more perhaps some from Dries van Noten, Proenza Schouler, and Sonia Rykiel.
Sorry to hear about Oleg.
I have to agree about Oscar de La Renta .
A definitive designer for Queen Rania's beauty.

Queen Rania attended an evening celebration for King Abdullah's birthday and wore this lovely thobe. I don't think it's been worn before, but somebody else might have a better idea
Daily News
Daily News

Little_star said:
Queen Rania attended an evening celebration for King Abdullah's birthday and wore this lovely thobe. I don't think it's been worn before, but somebody else might have a better idea
Daily News
Daily News

it seems to be new.beautiful soft colors. id love to see a full length of it

an update.....

A look at the dresses worn by Rania in the month or so of 2006, it really was a good year in terms of the seeing the Queen in a whole bunch of new gowns after a comparitively dry spell between 2004 and 2005 (some of the petra links previously posted no longer work so I've included those dresses as well)

November 18, 2006 – State visit from Singapore

November 23, 2006 - Kuwait

December 1, 2006 – State visit to India

December 21, 2006 (back view)– dinner at the Imperial Palace, official visit to Japan

Front views of the above dress:
January 17, 2007 – American University in Cairo’s alumni/charity dinner, Amman

Traditional Dresses

Jordanian thoub
December 9, 2006 – visiting development projects

Japanese Kimono

December 22, 2006 – Sodo Kimono Academy, Tokyo

Last edited:
Thanks Humera, I haven't seen some of those dresses. I guess I should keep up better. Rania sure is a stylish woman.

Humera said:
A look at the dresses worn by Rania in the month or so of 2006, it really was a good year in terms of the seeing the Queen in a whole bunch of new gowns after a comparitively dry spell between 2004 and 2005 (some of the petra links previously posted no longer work so I've included those dresses as well)

December 21, 2006 (back view)– dinner at the Imperial Palace, official visit to Japan

Traditional Dresses

Jordanian thoub

Japanese Kimono

Thanks for the reminder, I love the blue dress she wore in India, so simple and elegant.

Perfect Colours

The entire look from January 17th,colours, cut,styling{ a bit short?} are what I think will put Queen Rania royal in the hall of fame for her studied apppearance, attire....her good works and philanthropy.Beyond this she is radiant.

Humera said:

Traditional Dresses

Jordanian thoub

Japanese Kimono

I love the blue dress too....:)

Want to know what the princess Rania's gown and dress is like.

I and my sister will really like what the princess's dress sense is all about, can you describe it a little bit pls.

I am always in awe of what Queen Rania wears. No other royal, in my opinion, has her flair for color and fluidity of form. She is sensual, mysterious, elegant, and unique. She is like an oriental princess, when I see her, I start dreaming, living in an oriental tale. Her colors, particularly, are one of a kind. She blends in the oriental and the western to create her unique style. I'd paper my whole walls with her pictures because to me she is a work of art: part statue, part dream, part spirit.

Time to close this topic and thank you to all who contributed!

You can find Queen Rania's Eveningwear Part 2 here.

GT:flowers:
Royal House of Fashion Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom