The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 04:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
She seems to have abondoned Elie Saab latley, maybe she saw all those C-list Celebreties in Cannes looking far from classy in his dresses
I wouldn't say she's abadnoned him, but I think she's probably experiementing with different designers. The 2 gowns she wore on Jordanian Independence Day, especially the one at the Banquet, looked like it may well have been an Elie Saab gown. Plus she's gone through "phases" with other designers in the past.

Old 06-13-2006, 09:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen Rania wore this beautiful blue coloured gown during the evening dinner at the 3-day Dead Sea Conference. (originally posted by fanletizia)

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...7&d=1150184775

Old 07-29-2006, 07:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
I think you're right. But Im not sure if she's actually wearing a dress or a top from the Rochas collection. I haven't seen any pictures of the entire outfit yet.
its a rochas dress http://www.vogue.co.uk/shows/photos/...px?ShowID=2399 it was a beautiful one, from color to design
Old 07-29-2006, 10:16 PM
Commoner

There are strong reasons for Queen Rania to dress as she does. The upper echelon women of her country would tear her apart and refuse to support her causes if she wasn't more perfectly turned out than they are. Also,she attracts money and expertise to her projects in Jordan. First impressions do count to those who are in position to support her projects,and people will also listen more to what she says if she is well turned out. She is also representing her country abroad. She probably gets her clothes at a massive discount or free.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by rani
She probably gets her clothes at a massive discount or free.
yes she does. She mentioned it herself a few months ago during a visit to the US. Designers also sometimes lend her clothes, I think most likely dresses that we dont see more than once (ex. the blue Armani dress worn several years back which later appeared at an Armani style exhibition)
Old 07-29-2006, 10:45 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Well...I'm an historian, and also a history bookworm, and it's always the same. When a Queen dress in a not lavish way, she is criticized for she is not "as Royal as she must be", and if she wears beatiful expensive dresses, she is crtiziced for " she can't dress in such a way, while so many people is starving in this country". A very known Queen was critiziced when she simplified her dresses, for people said: " She is ridiculing our country! People from other countries in the world, would think that we are a poor country having a Queen so poorly dressed!". Not to mention that this same Queen had been critiziced for her expensive clothes before ...It was exactly for this that she thought to simplify them.

The only thing that worries me a little about Rania is that she is excessively thin...a little like Letizia, the Princess of Asturias. It seems that young Queens and Princess are all near an anorexical state. This is sad for me...Since I'm thin wanting to be a little more dumpy and simply CAN'T get plump! :(

Vanesa.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:58 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
yes she does. She mentioned it herself a few months ago during a visit to the US. Designers also sometimes lend her clothes, I think most likely dresses that we dont see more than once (ex. the blue Armani dress worn several years back which later appeared at an Armani style exhibition)

What about ready to wear? I'd guess some of the couture dresses might be lend.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Well...I'm an historian, and also a history bookworm, and it's always the same. When a Queen dress in a not lavish way, she is criticized for she is not "as Royal as she must be", and if she wears beatiful expensive dresses, she is crtiziced for " she can't dress in such a way, while so many people is starving in this country". A very known Queen was critiziced when she simplified her dresses, for people said: " She is ridiculing our country! People from other countries in the world, would think that we are a poor country having a Queen so poorly dressed!". Not to mention that this same Queen had been critiziced for her expensive clothes before ...It was exactly for this that she thought to simplify them.
But can't there be a middle ground? For example, I think Letizia manages to look both well-dressed and yet not excessively lavish at the same time. Not to say that Letizia is perfect or anything but she does manage to avoid criticism of excessive spending and she is never considered poorly dressed. It's only that some people feel that she wears repeats too much. So maybe there can be a way to avoid excessive criticism.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:15 AM
Heir Apparent

FYI: Queen Rania was voted second only to Kate Moss as one of the International Best Dressed women. Prince Ernst August of Hanover and Prince Williams of England were voted to the mens list. Crown Prince Pavlos and MC were voted one of the International Best Dressed couples.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:10 AM
Aristocracy

By choosing some of Elie Saab's and Rodriguez's clothes she definitely has taste.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Queen Rania wore this gown during the Malaysian visit.
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Sep/10/15394I.jpg

She originally wore it at the wedding of Farah Daghestani, Princess Basma's dauhter.
Here's a picture of the Queen wearing the dress at Farah's wedding, on September 23, 2004 (Petra).
Its a lovely design, it looked perfect when Rania wore it the first time while pregnant with Hashem and it looks just as good 2 years later.

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

Old 10-03-2006, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator

I've put together different pictures of the various gowns and dresses worn by Queen Rania so far this year.

April 24, 2006 - Spanish state visit to Jordan, reception at Basman Palace. My favourite dress this year, very regal, makes the Queen look curvaceous, love the train. (Abaca, ABC, and Rexfeatures)

May 31, 2006 - Jordan River Foundation launch in London, my second favourite. (Viennareport, Hola, and Petra)
Old 10-03-2006, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

June 11, 2006 - Global Women's Action Network Conference reception. (Childrens' Defense Fund, Gettyimages, and Abaca)

May 9, 2006 - Mosaic Foundation benefit gala, Washington. (Petra and WENN)

May 8, 2006 - TIME magazine 100 most influential people - reception, New York. (Super pics, Photoshot, Brunopress, and PPE)
Old 10-03-2006, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

June 21, 2006 - Nobel Laureates Conference, gala, Petra. (Pictures from Laha magazine and Hola - originally posted and scanned by mtbcm)

May 3, 2006 - Official visit from Indonesia (Petra)

September 10, 2006 - State visit from Malaysia, reception at Basman Palace.
This dress was previously worn while Rania was pregnant with Prince Hashem, at the wedding of Princess Basma's daughter. (Polfoto)
Old 10-03-2006, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

Traditional thobes

February 13, 2006 - celebration to mark King Abdullah's birthday (Petra)

June 10, 2006 - Army day parade, meeting Sheikha Sabeeka (Petra and BNA)

May 25, 2006 - Jordanian Independence Day (Petra and Polfoto). The dress has Arabic (perhaps Quranic) inscriptions on it.

May 25, 2006 - Jordanian Independence Day - reception (Petra)
Old 10-03-2006, 02:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera
I've put together different pictures of the various gowns and dresses worn by Queen Rania so far this year.

April 24, 2006 - Spanish state visit to Jordan, reception at Basman Palace. My favourite dress this year, very regal, makes the Queen look curvaceous, love the train. (Abaca, ABC, and Rexfeatures)

May 31, 2006 - Jordan River Foundation launch in London, my second favourite. (Viennareport, Hola, and Petra)
Oh, this second dress is something stuning... i don't have see him yet... i don't now how he pass me. But thanks for the photos and i hope she wear some stuning sun!
Old 10-05-2006, 11:49 PM
Serene Highness

Rania looks really good in all the Rochas gowns!
Old 10-12-2006, 09:33 AM
Aristocracy

I just love her wearing traditional Jordanian dress.. The one she wore to the Independence Day has got to be my favorite so far.. Does anyone (preferrably who lives in Middle East) know where I can purchase these types of dress and how much they cost? Tanx..
Old 10-21-2006, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Rania has obtained for Rochas evening gowns, I will say they are beautiful, but she has worn a few of his dresses and looked good. I think she has worn his dresses abit too much and since his cuts, style are similar I find it boring. Unlike the elie saab dresses which each gown has a unusual cut, embroidery to it.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

I dont know what she was think when wearing the silver gown in spain at the CP's gala-dinner party,I just thought it was a hideous gown and very revealing. Im glad she went for something more conservative for the wedding day, though the sleeves of the top though were inappropriate. Few other gowns I do not like, but i guess i dont have to mention them. People do learn from their mistakes. Maybe she was just experimenting new looks

Tags
eveningwear, fashion, queen rania, rania