The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 08:24 AM
Nobility

It seems to me that her skin is naturally olive, not fair, but that she's had quite a bit of work done (not plastic surgery, just skin treatments--I'm not sure of the term).

Old 03-04-2006, 02:16 PM
Serene Highness

Queen Rania's Designers

Info on Queen Rania's designers seems to be scattered throughout many threads, so I thought it would be a good idea to consolidate it
Source-Getty Images
Gown by Elie Saeb

Gown by Dominique Sirop

Gown by Elie Saeb

Gown by Elie Saeb

Old 03-04-2006, 02:25 PM
Serene Highness

Source-Getty Images
Dess by Gaultier

Dress by Gualtier

Gown by Elie Saeb

Gown by Gaultier

Dress by Elie Saeb

Gown by Elie Saeb
Old 03-04-2006, 02:40 PM
Serene Highness

Source-Getty Images
Gown by Dominique Sirop

Outfit by Prada

Gown by Elie Saeb

Narciso Rodriguez dress

Donna Karen dress
Old 03-04-2006, 08:13 PM
Commoner

queen rania is undoubtdly one of the best dressed women in the world. she has my vote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:29 AM
Serene Highness

I agree, she's always dressed marvelously!

but is there any prominent Jordanian designer whose outfits she wears? Elie Saab is Lebanese, and somewhere it was noted with a rather bad light the queen's penchant for designer outfits.

IMO, promoting her own country's designers and fabrics (i absolutely adore arabic/jordanian traditional dresses!) would really help the country a lot.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

I think it'd be great if QR wore Jordanian designers too. And she does, when she wears her traditional thobes. And she wears jewellery by Jordanian designers, as well as traditionally embroidered accessories like belts. I wouldn't be surprised if they're made for the Jordan River Foundation (which promotes Jordanian handicrafts and products)

But for western wear, Arab first ladies and wealthy socialites still go for western designers. With the exception of Elie Saab, there aren't that many top designers of international calibre in western wear in the Middle East.
Even Elie Saab is somewhat limited because, until recently, he more or less confined himself to creating only gowns and bridal wear. I think it'd be great if he could start doing ready-to-wear.
Still, he has been successful because he knows how to create that perfect balance of traditional and western. He shows his collections in the west, to a western audience, and when you see his clothing on Hollywood actresses, it usually looks more western than middle eastern.
By the time his clothing makes its way into wardrobes of women like Queen Rania or Asma Assad, the designs are altered considerably for a more middle eastern look.

btw...since there is a new thread devoted completely to QR's designers, I think it'll be more appropriate for me to post info. on Jordanian designers in that thread.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:04 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
I think it'd be great if he could start doing ready-to-wear.
He has a ready-to-wear line since he started.He used to show in Milan but as for spring summer 2006 he showed in paris.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

Yes i've seen the past RTW collections on his website but I've always wondered why they're never covered on sites like Style.com and Firstview. They only cover his HC collections and Elie Saab's not even listend under Milan on Firstview.
Its great that he is finally showing them in Paris. Atleast now they're getting more coverage.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

A rare outfit from a reception during KA and QR's visit to Turkey in March 2000. I discovered it only very recently. (Anadolu agency)
Old 03-07-2006, 07:01 AM
Heir Apparent

That's an interesting outfit, I've never seen it before and it's such a beautiful colour.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:41 AM
Royal Highness

In did, this a completely new.... thanks for post....!
Old 03-08-2006, 12:37 AM
Serene Highness

is it a shawl? love it! hope we could see more of the details of the top
Old 03-08-2006, 11:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
I think it'd be great if he could start doing ready-to-wear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZ
He has a ready-to-wear line since he started.He used to show in Milan but as for spring summer 2006 he showed in paris.

Elie Saab didn't have his RTW line since he started,he did his first "défilé prêt-à-porter" "Ready to wear" only on SS 1998,he started mid 80's.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhapsodyBrat
i am having a sudden crush on traditional Arabic/Jordanian dresses.

so far i love Elie Saab's creations for Queen Rania, particularly this one: http://img445.imageshack.us/my.php?i...13484186cc.jpg , from kwanfan's post.

is there anywhere we can buy just the fabrics? i'd love to have clothes made with them, especially the ones with beads,embroidery and detail. i don't think they have it in Divisoria he he

The dresses worn by QR are not traditional arabic/jordanian,they are all "haute couture".

Sure the blue/gold one has some touch from moroccan caftans,but it stays a dress of haute couture from Elie Saab
Old 03-10-2006, 07:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhapsodyBrat
i was referring to traditional arabic/jordanian dresses in general, not just the clothes worn by Queen Rania.
Having looked online, there's little information about traditional Jordanian dresses.

Some of the "traditional" dresses Rania wears have been from Elie Saab, for example her Coronation gown and a beautiful maroon dress she wore at the Jerash Festival one year.

However, alot of them are made by Jordanian designers, it's just difficult finding it who exactly they are by. There's some more pictures in this thread:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ress-5353.html
Old 03-10-2006, 12:51 PM
Nobility

India trip

The dress Rania wore to the India Concave event Friday evening appears to be from the Rochas fall/winter 2005-06 line. The head shots on Getty don't show the whole dress, so I don't know which dress from the collection it is.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

I think you're right. But Im not sure if she's actually wearing a dress or a top from the Rochas collection. I haven't seen any pictures of the entire outfit yet.
Old 03-11-2006, 03:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

I hope I put it in the right thread
from the elegant gowns and dresses thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamari
The dress Rania wore to the India Concave event Friday evening appears to be from the Rochas fall/winter 2005-06 line. The head shots on Getty don't show the whole dress, so I don't know which dress from the collection it is.
I looked at the collection (so beautiful) and I belive it is the white dress she is wearing (altered a little around the neck) and the color is from the green one. Maybe someone can post a pic of the whole outfit if it appears
Pics from Reuters and Vogue
Old 03-14-2006, 04:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizz70
Rania always looks lovely, my only criticism is that sometimes, she has looked scarily thin. I know that a woman has to be very slim to wear haute couture, but at times Rania has looked nearly anorexic.

I love the way she does her makeup too. I also love it when she wears the traditional Palestinian/Jordanian dresses. They are so elegant and beautifully embroidered.
I've noticed that, too. She's so thin that you can see her bones and the dresses, depending on what the style and color, make her look even thinner. Still, she looks beautiful!

Tags
eveningwear, fashion, queen rania, rania