Queen Rania's Eveningwear Part 1: December 2003 - March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
~*~Humera~*~ said:
A rare outfit from a reception during KA and QR's visit to Turkey in March 2000. I discovered it only very recently. (Anadolu agency)

A very beautiful outfit indeed!;) There's also something with queen rania, it's not only that most of her outfits are beautiful. She is very elegant in figure, and it's also the way she holds herself, standing straight, the way she talks to people (or actually seems to be talking to people). She is very graceful and seems to have very nice manners. At least that's what those two pictures let me think about her...

Last edited by a moderator:
For the spanish state visit the Queen wore a blue gown from Rochas spring summer 2006 collection, the dress was also worn by Rachel Weisz for the SAG awards, she had it altered since she was pregnant

(Terra, getty vogue)

Last edited:
She looks stunning in whatever she wears. She is incredibly elegant. Far more beautiful than the models.

redfox6 said:
She looks stunning in whatever she wears. She is incredibly elegant. Far more beautiful than the models.

Here, Here!

Queen Rania could wear a potato sack and still look absolutely amazing in it. She is so striking looking.:)

She looks great. I love that midnight blue color.

It seems that Rania's added little cap sleeves to hers. It's a stunning dress and a gorgeous colour.

I always find that something is missing about Queen Rania.I simply cannot pinpoint exactly where but somehow I feel that maybe she is trying too hard.For a start she always has too much make up on her and the way she style her hair in evening reception can be a bit over the top.She is beautiful that's no doubt about that I just hope she knows that.

Queen Rania during her recent trip to the US

Delivering a speech on the "Ben and Izzy" cartoon
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=242982&d=1147364536
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=242865&d=1147305055
She also attended the Time Magazine Gala on the same evening wearing that dress
http://img248.imageshack.us/my.php?image=87lt.jpg

Queen Rania at the Mosaic Foundation Gala
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=242634&d=1147251302

Nice photos, i just like to see thar green dress for complit... is that possible?

Monalisa said:
I also don't like it very much,kind of very little girl style....

Indeed, it's not her best dress ever but it suits her very well though . She is so elegant, she makes everything she wears beautiful ...:rolleyes: :)

Didem, the first one is absolutely gorgeous, but I have to say that the second is not elegant at all...

Love the Rochas dress ..Simple &classy ….
Amazing how she can dress simple & sophisticated design in the same grace …
Definitely the best dressed women :D

Queen Rania in London wearing another dress from what seems like Rochas spring 2006 collection, cant find the exact same but the details around the neck, the cut and and the lace is very similar, Getty and Vogue

She seems to have abondoned Elie Saab latley, maybe she saw all those C-list Celebreties in Cannes looking far from classy in his dresses

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the pictures and the information on the designers. The last dresses the queen has worn are very elegant. All the rochas, but I think I prefer the gucci green dress.

Larzen said:
She seems to have abondoned Elie Saab latley, maybe she saw all those C-list Celebreties in Cannes looking far from classy in his dresses

I wouldn't say she's abadnoned him, but I think she's probably experiementing with different designers. The 2 gowns she wore on Jordanian Independence Day, especially the one at the Banquet, looked like it may well have been an Elie Saab gown. Plus she's gone through "phases" with other designers in the past.

There are strong reasons for Queen Rania to dress as she does. The upper echelon women of her country would tear her apart and refuse to support her causes if she wasn't more perfectly turned out than they are. Also,she attracts money and expertise to her projects in Jordan. First impressions do count to those who are in position to support her projects,and people will also listen more to what she says if she is well turned out. She is also representing her country abroad. She probably gets her clothes at a massive discount or free.

rani said:
She probably gets her clothes at a massive discount or free.

yes she does. She mentioned it herself a few months ago during a visit to the US. Designers also sometimes lend her clothes, I think most likely dresses that we dont see more than once (ex. the blue Armani dress worn several years back which later appeared at an Armani style exhibition)

Well...I'm an historian, and also a history bookworm, and it's always the same. When a Queen dress in a not lavish way, she is criticized for she is not "as Royal as she must be", and if she wears beatiful expensive dresses, she is crtiziced for " she can't dress in such a way, while so many people is starving in this country". A very known Queen was critiziced when she simplified her dresses, for people said: " She is ridiculing our country! People from other countries in the world, would think that we are a poor country having a Queen so poorly dressed!". Not to mention that this same Queen had been critiziced for her expensive clothes before ...It was exactly for this that she thought to simplify them.

The only thing that worries me a little about Rania is that she is excessively thin...a little like Letizia, the Princess of Asturias. It seems that young Queens and Princess are all near an anorexical state. This is sad for me...Since I'm thin wanting to be a little more dumpy and simply CAN'T get plump! :( :rolleyes:

Vanesa.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
yes she does. She mentioned it herself a few months ago during a visit to the US. Designers also sometimes lend her clothes, I think most likely dresses that we dont see more than once (ex. the blue Armani dress worn several years back which later appeared at an Armani style exhibition)

What about ready to wear? I'd guess some of the couture dresses might be lend.

Well...I'm an historian, and also a history bookworm, and it's always the same. When a Queen dress in a not lavish way, she is criticized for she is not "as Royal as she must be", and if she wears beatiful expensive dresses, she is crtiziced for " she can't dress in such a way, while so many people is starving in this country". A very known Queen was critiziced when she simplified her dresses, for people said: " She is ridiculing our country! People from other countries in the world, would think that we are a poor country having a Queen so poorly dressed!". Not to mention that this same Queen had been critiziced for her expensive clothes before ...It was exactly for this that she thought to simplify them.

But can't there be a middle ground? For example, I think Letizia manages to look both well-dressed and yet not excessively lavish at the same time. Not to say that Letizia is perfect or anything but she does manage to avoid criticism of excessive spending and she is never considered poorly dressed. It's only that some people feel that she wears repeats too much. So maybe there can be a way to avoid excessive criticism.

FYI: Queen Rania was voted second only to Kate Moss as one of the International Best Dressed women. Prince Ernst August of Hanover and Prince Williams of England were voted to the mens list. Crown Prince Pavlos and MC were voted one of the International Best Dressed couples.

By choosing some of Elie Saab's and Rodriguez's clothes she definitely has taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom