The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 12:55 PM
Courtier

all of rania's thobes are so beautiful and unique. are they commonly worn in Jordan by the middle and upper classes? i.e. not the royal family but others?

Old 08-18-2005, 06:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by polop
Maybe it's just me,but I really think she should learn how to pose.She is beautiful,tall and skinny, so when she just puts her arm straight down by her side it makes her look like a stick!She is pretty but she needs to pose rather than just stand there.
I don't know, she's under fire enough for her fashion savvy, I don't think her striking poses for the cameras would be too good of an idea! :)

Old 08-18-2005, 06:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicky
I don't know, she's under fire enough for her fashion savvy, I don't think her striking poses for the cameras would be too good of an idea! :)
I presonally don't agree with her choice of clothing,but I figured that she's going to dress that way no matter what,might as well "strike a pose":p
Old 08-18-2005, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

I agree with Alicky. Rania's a queen, not a model. Besides, in that last pic she's actually trying to either sit down or get up and talking to someone next to her. Its hard to see because I've modified the picture to focus on her dress.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by madonna23
the last dress Humera posted looks very similar to the one Rania wore to that dinner with Clinton and Sheik Muhammad (Haya's husband).

is it the same?
No actually I've never seen this last dress before.
But Im glad you mentioned the dress Rania wore in Dubai because I was about to post it. They do look quite similar.

January 17, 2002
(Pics from Petra, Gettyimages)
Old 08-18-2005, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

December 17, 2003. An Elie Saab dress. I dont have a better pic of the version Q.Rania's wearing
(pics from Petra & Gettyimages)
Old 08-18-2005, 06:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
I agree with Alicky. Rania's a queen, not a model. Besides, in that last pic she's actually trying to either sit down or get up and talking to someone next to her. Its hard to see because I've modified the picture to focus on her dress.
I understand,I was kidding.:)
Old 08-18-2005, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

Another Elie Saab dress worn in June 2003 for the Stars Foundation gala.
No full-length view of this dress on Rania unfortunately.
(Pics from Petra, Gettyimages, Abaca and Stars Found.website)
Old 08-18-2005, 07:11 PM
Courtier

Once they modify those gowns to the royal standard of appropriateness, they look like totally different dresses don't they? Not that I'm saying the Queen should be wandering around in the original though lol!
Old 08-19-2005, 12:27 AM
Courtier

you're right alicky - and i've noticed this with all royals, not just RAnia. the dress almost always looks better on the royal than the model. i don't know why --- maybe there's the added factor of dignity.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:40 AM
Courtier

Really? I feel the opposite, I like the originals better. The royals show up with a modest, prim, tidied-up version lol! But yes, we couldn't have the more non-dignified versions on our royals. :)
Old 08-19-2005, 10:32 AM
Nobility

I don't know if you will agree about it but I'm totally in love with Elie Saab's dresses . I find them totally gorgeous, stunning !
Old 08-19-2005, 12:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicky
Really? I feel the opposite, I like the originals better. The royals show up with a modest, prim, tidied-up version lol! But yes, we couldn't have the more non-dignified versions on our royals. :)
You're right,we couldn't have royals ladies walking around in the originals,but I still feel that Rania should cover a little more.Even after "fixing" the dress,it looks a little inappropriate for a muslim queen.(to me)
Old 08-19-2005, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita
I don't know if you will agree about it but I'm totally in love with Elie Saab's dresses . I find them totally gorgeous, stunning !
you know I've mentioned this before in this thread. Queen Rania looks best in Elie Saab's formal wear. His gowns are feminine, glamorous, and have details that one doesnt see on most other designers' creations.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:16 AM
Heir Apparent

"You're right,we couldn't have royals ladies walking around in the originals,but I still feel that Rania should cover a little more.Even after "fixing" the dress,it looks a little inappropriate for a muslim queen.(to me)"

And what is a "muslim" queen supposed to look like?
Old 08-20-2005, 07:58 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt
I've got a question about the second dress she wore while in sweden in 2003, I think it was.

Now, I normally love Rania and her clothes and all of that, BUT...why on earth would she wear a dress that leaves her shoulders and arms bare when Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Madeleine all covered their arms and shoulders? (though Madde didn't really cover her shoulders...but I digress.) They were courteous enough to respect Rania's culture and not even Rania could? Or what? I am I just over analyzing it?
How about... she really liked the dress when she saw it and decided she was going to buy it. Works for me

Old 08-20-2005, 04:34 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
are you Jordanian? If not then why are you concerned?
There are plenty of Jordanians on this board who have no problem with the way Rania dresses.
If we follow your logic, many of the royals around the world will have to poll their citizens as to what they should wear
Taxpayers pay for their governments in all countries. I guess I should tell my prime minister what he should wear too since I pay taxes.

I'm not jordanian either,but those who are concerbed are from the 80% of the jordanian women who wear "scarfs or "hijab",and shame on rania that she said that statistics show that most of the jordanian women who wear alhijab are obliged ecomically to do that and not from religieous convictions ,which kind of queen who can say that ,I'm sure only the immature and the irresponsible one
Old 08-20-2005, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tami_T
I'm not jordanian either,but those who are concerbed are from the 80% of the jordanian women who wear "scarfs or "hijab",and shame on rania that she said that statistics show that most of the jordanian women who wear alhijab are obliged ecomically to do that and not from religieous convictions ,which kind of queen who can say that ,I'm sure only the immature and the irresponsible one
I can see you're new to this thread.
I have no intention of going back to this annoying topic.
We've only just managed to go back to Rania's dresses. Please dont ruin things for the rest of us who are not here to debate religion but talk about fashion.
Maybe you can carry on this conversation via pm with other members who think like you. Again, have the courtesy to not bring up a topic that has been distasteful for myself and many other members.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:32 PM
Aristocracy

OK now we're going overboard here. The woman can't win. If she wears a western style outfit, she's damned for not adhering to being a "good muslim woman" if she wears a traditional style arab dress, she'll be too boring. Poor woman. Like I said earlier - how about she saw the dress, liked it and decided that's what she was going to wear. Works for me. I'm sure there are a lot of us out there that wear what we like because we saw it and fell in love with it. However it works out - she won't be pleasing all of us so may as well be gracious and compliment her for the nice clothes that we like on her and leave the rest alone.

Queen Rania has never worn anything embarrasing or revealing. I think her clothes are all done in good taste. I think she's perfect.

You know what they say - if you can't say anything nice about someone... :)
Old 08-20-2005, 10:19 PM
Majesty

Okay, everybody take a deep breath and cool down! This is not the place to discuss religion. The name of the thread is Queen Rania of Jordan - elegant gowns and dresses and the only subject that you should be discussing is fashion as it relates to Rania. Everyone is entitled to join in the discussion regardless of their nationality, religion or ethnic background and everyone is entitled to their opinions even if they differ from yours.

Mandy
Royal House of Fashion Moderator

Closed Thread

Tags
eveningwear, fashion, queen rania, rania