Queen Rania's Eveningwear Part 1: December 2003 - March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree; I think she has such good taste in clothes and accessories -- nothing over the top or overdone at all -- just elegant.

I love her wardrobe, especially those most recent pictures!:p

Rania always looks lovely, my only criticism is that sometimes, she has looked scarily thin. I know that a woman has to be very slim to wear haute couture, but at times Rania has looked nearly anorexic.

I love the way she does her makeup too. I also love it when she wears the traditional Palestinian/Jordanian dresses. They are so elegant and beautifully embroidered.

lizz70 said:
Rania always looks lovely, my only criticism is that sometimes, she has looked scarily thin. I know that a woman has to be very slim to wear haute couture, but at times Rania has looked nearly anorexic.

I love the way she does her makeup too. I also love it when she wears the traditional Palestinian/Jordanian dresses. They are so elegant and beautifully embroidered.

I agree -- and the colors are so vibrant too! I love all the colors:p

well I seem to have missed this beautiful dress so here it is:

Queen Rania in Florence in June 2001 - Dress from the Elie Saab HC Fall 2001 collection

(Pictures from DPA, Hola & Firstview)

It's a pretty dress, although I think I prefer the catwalk version.

it's really difficult to choose. i can not open some of the cache.getty links...

best gala dress, i'd choose the one with Givenchy shirt&skirt. or picture number five

3-Best Daytime Official Look-----i like each & every picture you list there. but the first picture came into my mind is the red jacket she wore last year, while Mrs. Laura Bush visited Jordan

4-Best Casual Look
not my favorite kind of look

5-That look that must be repeated never more
cant open this link. but i really don't like some of her earlier outfit. like the one she wore while visit to France Nov. 11, 1999.

"i can not open some of the cache.getty links..."

Have you tried clicking refresh?

Little_star said:
"i can not open some of the cache.getty links..."

Have you tried clicking refresh?

thank you Little Star. that worked!
how stupid of me, never tried that before. can't imagine how many pictures i missed in the past months! whenever i saw cache.gettyimages, i just gave up

dos anyone have recently close up photos of her so that one can see her make up

i must say that she has very fair skin

It seems to me that her skin is naturally olive, not fair, but that she's had quite a bit of work done (not plastic surgery, just skin treatments--I'm not sure of the term).

Queen Rania's Designers

Info on Queen Rania's designers seems to be scattered throughout many threads, so I thought it would be a good idea to consolidate it
Source-Getty Images
Gown by Elie Saeb

Gown by Dominique Sirop

Gown by Elie Saeb

Gown by Elie Saeb

Source-Getty Images
Dess by Gaultier

Dress by Gualtier

Gown by Elie Saeb

Gown by Gaultier

Dress by Elie Saeb

Gown by Elie Saeb

Source-Getty Images
Gown by Dominique Sirop

Outfit by Prada

Gown by Elie Saeb

Narciso Rodriguez dress

Donna Karen dress

queen rania is undoubtdly one of the best dressed women in the world. she has my vote

I agree, she's always dressed marvelously!

but is there any prominent Jordanian designer whose outfits she wears? Elie Saab is Lebanese, and somewhere it was noted with a rather bad light the queen's penchant for designer outfits.

IMO, promoting her own country's designers and fabrics (i absolutely adore arabic/jordanian traditional dresses!) would really help the country a lot. ;)

I think it'd be great if QR wore Jordanian designers too. And she does, when she wears her traditional thobes. And she wears jewellery by Jordanian designers, as well as traditionally embroidered accessories like belts. I wouldn't be surprised if they're made for the Jordan River Foundation (which promotes Jordanian handicrafts and products)

But for western wear, Arab first ladies and wealthy socialites still go for western designers. With the exception of Elie Saab, there aren't that many top designers of international calibre in western wear in the Middle East.
Even Elie Saab is somewhat limited because, until recently, he more or less confined himself to creating only gowns and bridal wear. I think it'd be great if he could start doing ready-to-wear.
Still, he has been successful because he knows how to create that perfect balance of traditional and western. He shows his collections in the west, to a western audience, and when you see his clothing on Hollywood actresses, it usually looks more western than middle eastern.
By the time his clothing makes its way into wardrobes of women like Queen Rania or Asma Assad, the designs are altered considerably for a more middle eastern look.

btw...since there is a new thread devoted completely to QR's designers, I think it'll be more appropriate for me to post info. on Jordanian designers in that thread.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
I think it'd be great if he could start doing ready-to-wear.

He has a ready-to-wear line since he started.He used to show in Milan but as for spring summer 2006 he showed in paris.

Yes i've seen the past RTW collections on his website but I've always wondered why they're never covered on sites like Style.com and Firstview. They only cover his HC collections and Elie Saab's not even listend under Milan on Firstview.
Its great that he is finally showing them in Paris. Atleast now they're getting more coverage.

A rare outfit from a reception during KA and QR's visit to Turkey in March 2000. I discovered it only very recently. (Anadolu agency)

That's an interesting outfit, I've never seen it before and it's such a beautiful colour.

In did, this a completely new.... thanks for post....!

is it a shawl? love it! hope we could see more of the details of the top ;)

Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
I think it'd be great if he could start doing ready-to-wear.

ZZZ said:
He has a ready-to-wear line since he started.He used to show in Milan but as for spring summer 2006 he showed in paris.

Elie Saab didn't have his RTW line since he started,he did his first "défilé prêt-à-porter" "Ready to wear" only on SS 1998,he started mid 80's.

Last edited:
RhapsodyBrat said:
i am having a sudden crush on traditional Arabic/Jordanian dresses. :D

so far i love Elie Saab's creations for Queen Rania, particularly this one: http://img445.imageshack.us/my.php?image=513484186cc.jpg , from kwanfan's post.

is there anywhere we can buy just the fabrics? i'd love to have clothes made with them, especially the ones with beads,embroidery and detail. i don't think they have it in Divisoria he he :D

The dresses worn by QR are not traditional arabic/jordanian,they are all "haute couture".

Sure the blue/gold one has some touch from moroccan caftans,but it stays a dress of haute couture from Elie Saab

RhapsodyBrat said:
i was referring to traditional arabic/jordanian dresses in general, not just the clothes worn by Queen Rania. :D

Having looked online, there's little information about traditional Jordanian dresses.

Some of the "traditional" dresses Rania wears have been from Elie Saab, for example her Coronation gown and a beautiful maroon dress she wore at the Jerash Festival one year.

However, alot of them are made by Jordanian designers, it's just difficult finding it who exactly they are by. There's some more pictures in this thread:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f63/jordanian-royals-traditional-dress-5353.html

Last edited:
India trip

The dress Rania wore to the India Concave event Friday evening appears to be from the Rochas fall/winter 2005-06 line. The head shots on Getty don't show the whole dress, so I don't know which dress from the collection it is.

I think you're right. But Im not sure if she's actually wearing a dress or a top from the Rochas collection. I haven't seen any pictures of the entire outfit yet.

I hope I put it in the right thread
from the elegant gowns and dresses thread
Adamari said:
The dress Rania wore to the India Concave event Friday evening appears to be from the Rochas fall/winter 2005-06 line. The head shots on Getty don't show the whole dress, so I don't know which dress from the collection it is.
I looked at the collection (so beautiful) and I belive it is the white dress she is wearing (altered a little around the neck) and the color is from the green one. Maybe someone can post a pic of the whole outfit if it appears
Pics from Reuters and Vogue

lizz70 said:

I've noticed that, too. She's so thin that you can see her bones and the dresses, depending on what the style and color, make her look even thinner. Still, she looks beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom