Queen Rania's Daytime Fashion part 9: January 2011 - January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Rania's wardrobe. She follows a middle way which does not offend anyone in her culture, but can also look attractive.

I wish she'd worn something more traditional but I can't complain about what she's wearing for the wedding; she has fantastic style.

The hirony is that if QR wore traditional clothes which some of you are missing so much she may had no problem. But there is not only the tradition in this world.

The hirony is that if QR wore traditional clothes which some of you are missing so much she may had no problem. But there is not only the tradition in this world.
If you are refering to my earlier posts, so you are misunderstunding me. I am not saying that Rania have to wear only traditional gowns, or there's only tradition, but there's is good opportunities and occasions to wear them like weddings to promote in some way the true culture of the country she's representing.

We all find her good when she wears suits, short dresses or evening gowns, but she can wear them rest of the time.

Last edited:
It's a nice enough dress. I only don't like the brown belt with it.

If you are refering to my earlier posts, so you are misunderstunding me. I am not saying that Rania have to wear only traditional gowns, or there's only tradition, but there's is good opportunities and occasions to wear them like weddings to promote in some way the true culture of the country she's representing.

We all find her good when she wears suits, short dresses or evening gowns, but she can wears them rest of the time.

Actually I wrote it for Dbarn67 post but it is not something personal with Dbarn67 of course. Some people - I don't remember their nicknames - are repeating again and again that she doesn't wear traditional clothes.

Actually I wrote it for Dbarn67 post but it is not something personal with Dbarn67 of course. Some people - I don't remember their nicknames - are repeating again and again that she doesn't wear traditional clothes.

I think nobody here said that Rania should wear only traditional gowns or there's only tradition in this world, but lot of us find that she's not enough refelecting and representative of her culure and country. Of course she's free to do this way if she's happy with it, but we are here to express our opinions even if we repeat the same ideas, and I know, our opinions will not change the way how Royals decided to represent their countries, as the way they have choosen, will not change the real culture of their countries...

Last edited:
I wish she'd worn something more traditional but I can't complain about what she's wearing for the wedding; she has fantastic style.
I too wish she had taken a little time and thought to wear something a little more suited to a wedding, any wedding, rather than her usual stylish apparell that makes her look like she just managed to squeeze in the wedding between shopping engagements.

Once again she uses a special occasion to atttempt to draw attention to herselft by setting herself apart from everyone else. She failed! The Bride was incandescent with joy and could have been wearing a sack and still looked fabulous!

why does not Rania wear a head covering?
Do you mean why she doesn't wear a head covering because it's wedding? or because she's Muslim?
If you meant because she's Muslim, so you must know that not all Muslim women wear head covering. She must be covered only while praying or in pligrimage. Covering head or face depends of interpretations, but rest of time for sure, if the woman is practicing her religion, she must cover at least shoulders, cleavage "decollté", and till her knees. I think it's the same for the Christian or Jewish religions.

Last edited:
Gotta agree monic. It looks like she's at another daytime work event instead of a wedding.

:previous:thanks salma, I knew that thoub looked familiar!The collar and patches on the front are made of different printed fabric, sort of like quilt work. QR seems to prefer darker thoubs.

Aug. 7, 2011- Black trousers, recycled jacket and recycled scarf
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Looks like the Queen is dressed for fall/winter. Not fond of the look as it is still summer and quite hot where the queen looks like she is fall colors. I also don't think the red scarf matches the army green jacket at all. Th necklace looks very childish to me, something maybe she picked up on her way out from her daughters box? :big grin: I quite like the make up, very fresh.

:previous:Perhaps one of the children she met during the visit gave her the necklace. That might explain why she's wearing it on top of her scarf. It's not the type of thing she normally wears.

not keen with the look neither i know its Ramadan and she maybe want to dress with modesty but i have to say nothing work in this outfit the green jacket isn't the right choice for summer and scarf don't do any better.

:previous:Perhaps one of the children she met during the visit gave her the necklace. That might explain why she's wearing it on top of her scarf. It's not the type of thing she normally wears.

Yeah that makes sense to me.

True, I didn't think of that :)

Lovely thoub, I like how her hair is pulled back on one side and the other not.
I would like to see her hair in a very simple updo with a thoub.

The first look is quite boring and plain IMO. The jacket is very fall like, looks heavy and not a summer color.

The second outfit is fresh, the tie on the waist is really pretty. LIke her hair like that, pulled away from the face. Her make up is very natural with some color which works very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom