The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 05:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
I don´t like her hairstyle.
Didnt she has the same hairstyle as the last visit to Marocco?

Old 03-15-2009, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

yes asturiana,she had exactly the same hairstyle of last time in Morocco,i just came to see a little from Gala dinner i moroccan TV not alot but i am afraid she is wearing the same black dress of last time in Morocco too not sur yet but i hope i am wrong.

Old 03-15-2009, 06:24 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asturiana View Post
Didnt she has the same hairstyle as the last visit to Marocco?
Yes Asturiana I forget it. Thank´s Seems she combs her hair herself
Old 03-15-2009, 07:44 PM
Majesty

I am disappointed at the poorly matched ensemble worn by Queen Rania. The grey colour clashed the brown one at all ... in my opinion. The hairstyle was not sleek and nice, thereby making Her Majesty look tired.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Rania looked like a mess IMO.
1. too much make up for a daytime event, lipgloss was too much and too dark IMO, heavy blush (which couldve gone with a nude lipgloss color)
2. The leather jacket looks a size too big which also is unflattering, too long and doesnt match the outfit
3. The earings are too gold which i would prefer silver
4. Bag is too dark, doesnt match any piece of the outfit. Also, I find it too big. Since there was not event from the airport, I dont see a use of such a big bag.
5. The hair looks messy and very similar to the style she wore on her last visit to Morocco, very dissapointing IMO.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:53 AM
Nobility

I think the colours (blueish grey and taupe) go allright together, but the style of the jacket is all wrong with the blouse with a large bow. Too much, too loose, too long! Her posture could be straighter too. One cannot always be perfect, though.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:16 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Rania looked like a mess IMO.
1. too much make up for a daytime event, lipgloss was too much and too dark IMO, heavy blush (which couldve gone with a nude lipgloss color)
2. The leather jacket looks a size too big which also is unflattering, too long and doesnt match the outfit
3. The earings are too gold which i would prefer silver
4. Bag is too dark, doesnt match any piece of the outfit. Also, I find it too big. Since there was not event from the airport, I dont see a use of such a big bag.
5. The hair looks messy and very similar to the style she wore on her last visit to Morocco, very dissapointing IMO.
The jacket is too big, that's right.
The make up might look good in different light. I think she decided to wear a more colorful make-up, because of the nude clothing.
The bag is alright - she needs a contrast.By the way - she has even bigger bags.
The hair looks strange - thta's completely right.
The earrings are okay ....BUT I don't like those CHEAP looking thights.

Lalla Salma looked perfect. Another time she beated Rania in the best outfit competition.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:19 AM
Nobility

For someone who loves to belt her outfits even when they don't need a belt, this is one outfit where she should have put a thin belt over the blouse and skirt but didn't. the shirt over the skirt looked untidy. Is the bag black in fact or is it her burgundy Marc Jacobs bag that she has had for a few years?
Old 03-16-2009, 09:37 AM
Nobility

King of Jordan, Abdullah II bin al-Hussein visit

first picture from portugal. Rania is wearing her Bottega Veneta jacket that she wore recently with the matching skirt in Norway. And the bag is definitely her burgundy Marc Jacobs. I recognise it because I have the same one
Old 03-16-2009, 12:44 PM
Nobility

Imagem Ampliada - Presidência da República Portuguesa

another photo and a clearer one. Why is she wearing that brown and gold sequin belt over a midnight blue jacket, black skirt and with grey shoes and burgundy bag?
Old 03-16-2009, 01:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea View Post

another photo and a clearer one. Why is she wearing that brown and gold sequin belt over a midnight blue jacket, black skirt and with grey shoes and burgundy bag?
Good picture to see the outfit. I think it looks not very good. Dont like the form of the skirt. The belt and the jacket dont match. Btw, Is she wearing two belts?

Edit: Very ugly colour of the tights: Picture
Old 03-16-2009, 01:02 PM
Nobility

if you look at the video under the thread for their Portugal trip, it seems to be one belt and having seen some more photos, the dress / skirt seems to be brown not black so not such a colour clash. I still prefer that jacket with its matching skirt though.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

i am not liking this outfit too,the jacket is nice but something doesn't match well in this look,anyway it's much better than her look in Morocco,I like the hair though.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Nobility

it seems that rania choose her look according to the importance of the country that she visit
her outfit of morocco was casual (it's obvious that she didn't care about this visit), the one of portugal was more formal, (portugal is a middle country in europe), and i am sure, that when she will go in a visit to france or USA she will be of a big elegance (especially that the first ladies of these countries are a big concurent for her about elegance)
Old 03-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

i hardly think she think like that if it's so (wich i hardly doubt)it's unprofessional and insulting for her host.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

As a top, I love it. The cut and (surprisingly for me) colour both work, the belt ads interest (although I think that it is an accessory which she overwears to be honest). BUT I do have to question why she choose to wear it to that event, it doesnt seem to be the best 'fit' to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
Apart from the tights, and I almost feel that the jacket is a little too big, i think that this is a great outfit.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:34 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa View Post
it seems that rania choose her look according to the importance of the country that she visit
her outfit of morocco was casual (it's obvious that she didn't care about this visit), the one of portugal was more formal, (portugal is a middle country in europe), and i am sure, that when she will go in a visit to france or USA she will be of a big elegance (especially that the first ladies of these countries are a big concurent for her about elegance)
That's not it at all.

The Morocco visit was a low-key working visit, almost of a private nature where, unlike the visit in 2008, Queen Rania had no official engagements. This time it was more like the Jordanian royals were paying a visit exclusively to their Moroccan counterparts, just the two families getting together.

The Portuguese visit was an official one.

The nature of the visit dictates how a royal might dress (ex. tiaras on a state visit)
Old 03-17-2009, 01:50 AM
Nobility

I wonder if the purpose behind the jacket in Morocco was to cover up a see-through blouse. It looked a little sheer to me (at least around the waist).
Old 03-17-2009, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:

The jacket is beautiful and quite different from the normal jackets you see. The belt adds a contrast with the navy jacket. Overall I quite liked this outfit.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:36 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Galerías de imágenes nice outfits

Closed Thread