The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
I tend to think the opposite.

I think her style in the earlier years was a lot more high-maintenance and that showed in the labels she wore eg. Gaultier and YSL. Now, she seems a lot more laidback generally and tends to have adopted a more practical style to her wardrobe. IMO.
that's true. Queen Rania also said in an interview a couple of years ago that she's more comfortable in her skin now, hence the more practical clothing, that she'd wear loungewear all the time if it were up to her.
The Prada, Louis Vuitton etc. bags in the pics salma has posted are from years ago. Back then she wore Chanel and Armani suits and lots of embellished Elie Saab gowns (remember the tie/dye Prada dresses?)
Now its all about trendier but relatively lesser known labels. I think we saw the beginnings of this progression when she started wearing a lot of Roland Mouret a couple of years ago. We still see the earlier labels on her ofcourse but not as much.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Heir Apparent

You're right Humera, plus a few years ago she started "downgrading" her evening wear opting for more low-key labels like Rochas, as opposed to couture like Elie Saab.

Obviously she still wears Saab but I've noticed that the items she wears now tend to be a lot less extravagant. The "Bambi" gown back in November 2007 was probably the most expensive gown she's worn for a while.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:13 AM
Super Moderator

I hadn't this dress before:
Queen Rania Al Abdullah on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Old 02-10-2009, 06:58 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post
I don´like it.Behind her you can see two new pics.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:09 PM
Royal Highness

I think I like this dress.I mean it's different and blue definitely suits her.I also loved the blue-golden watch.It's very feminine and elegant!About her change:I find it really interesting when someone wants to experiment with less known labels and doesn't stick to the basics(YSL,Prada,Chanel blah blah blah).When you've got good taste,I'm sure you'll find something elegant to wear no matter if it's designed by Roland Mouret or Stella McCourtney.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent

This dress look quite nice and suit her.
I wonder how would look other ladies in this like Letizia or Maxima.
Btw. maybe someone have photo of full dress?

Once again salma.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Royal Highness

Yes,actually I would like to see a better picture as well.And someone mentioned the "Bambi" gown above.Could we have a photo of that gown,too,please?Thanks in advance!
Old 02-10-2009, 06:02 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik View Post
Once again salma.
Thank´s Magnik but pic was posted by Humera

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
Yes,actually I would like to see a better picture as well.And someone mentioned the "Bambi" gown above.Could we have a photo of that gown,too,please?Thanks in advance!
Iakynthi here you have the pics. Queen Rania received Bambi Award. Germany November 2007.

http://www.hola.com/cine/2007/11/30/katieholmes-bambi/imgs/premiosbambi-rania1a.jpg
http://blogs.hola.com/glamourhisterico/imagenes/rania%201.jpg
Old 02-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Royal Highness

Oh,right!That one is the "Bambi" gown...What a beauty this gown is
Old 02-11-2009, 12:29 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

February 11, 2009
http://i39.tinypic.com/21o6b2c.jpg
I don´t like it.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

same here Salma,doesn't look nice,hate the jacket.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
February 11, 2009
http://i39.tinypic.com/21o6b2c.jpg
I don´t like it.
The look doesnt work well for me at all. The jacket looks like two sizes too big ( I do get that the sleeves are wide & loose,but i mean the waist aarea ) The jacket looks dark taupe which doesnt work with the brown pants at all IMO.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:43 PM
Royal Highness

I like the jacket and the turtle neck, but I absolutely dont like the trousers, to big and I agree with dazzling the colour dont work with the jacket.
Would like to see a better pictures of her shoes. Is she wearing boots or pumps?
Old 02-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

I liked the jacket,but not trousers.
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 02-11-2009, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

I like the whole outfit. I´m not sure about the trousers´ colour, but the jacket is nice.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Royal Highness

As I said at the JRF thread,the jacket is very fashionable and stylish.I loved it!The white turtleneck is neutral,which means ok with this jacket.The problem has to do with the trousers.Brown and loose,just like the jacket,so the result is too much.I also loved her ponytail!
Old 02-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Commoner

this is off the topic, but I like that student who is raising his hand/finger to say something

there are a lot that you can communicate through a random picture
Old 02-11-2009, 06:18 PM
Courtier

for me the outfit is o.k, but not her best. The ponytail is too strict, not flattering.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the colors of this outfit; but to me, the entire look is too loose. The ponytail is too tight-looking, and the jacket and trousers are a bit too bulky for my taste. It's not a very feminine look.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't like the jacket. It's very big & it doesn't look good on her. Just my opinion.

Tags
daytime fashion, queen rania