Queen Rania's Daytime Fashion Part 2: August 2007 - October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
4th May 2008

The blouse is a repeat.

Yes this´s the third time. She wore the same blouse November 2007 and February 2008 (yes dazzling during Portuguese official visit:flowers:).

she looks great, the jaket is not a good combinationwith the blouze but i like it looks lovely.

yes very nice coat Qrania looks great,i hope to see some colours for Gala dress:flowers:

May 6, 2008 Queen Rania in a lovely outfit. Its been a while since weve seen her in something like this outfit. Pretty colors & like the match up of the jacket.

Full View -- Closer View

Wow, Mrs Alieva is the star of the show - super elegant lady! This is how the wife of a statesman should dress - Queen Rania is the 'also ran' today. It is a shame as Queen Rania used to be elegant, I remember how she dressed when she was first queen and she looked very nice and appropriate then. Today she looks like she is dressed to meet girlfriends for lunch in an uptown restaurant.

Last edited by a moderator:
... [snipped] It is a shame as Queen Rania used to be elegant, I remember how she dressed when she was first queen and she looked very nice and appropriate then. Today she looks like she is dressed to meet girlfriends for lunch in an uptown restaurant.
You are quite right, but there was plenty of vitriol coming from ordinary people, who strongly criticised Queen Rania for paying more attention to her wardrobe than the regional problems and other issues as well as for not dressing in a demure and modest fashion. Nowadays everybody seems to miss that period when Her Majesty was considered the most glamourous Queen. She just can not please everyone.
When it comes to state visits, Mrs. Alieva is always the star of the show. Obviously she loves fashion and has got an good taste in it as well as does not pay attention to negative remarks. Here is the photos of Mrs. Alieva among the First Ladies of the former Soviet Republics.
Picture

The original article can be found on ]KP.RU // Ëþäìèëà Ïóòèíà ñîáðàëà â Ìîñêâå ïåðâûõ ëåäè

Last edited:
Indeed al_bina, it seems Rania can never win. When she dresses down and recycles more she's criticised and when she doesn't she is still criticised!

You are quiet right, but there was plenty of vitriol coming from ordinary people, who strongly criticised Queen Rania for paying more attention to her wardrobe than the regional problems and other issues as well as for not dressing in a demure and modest fashion. Nowadays everybody seems to miss that period when Her Majesty was considered the most glamourous Queen. She just can not please everyone.
When it comes to state visits, Mrs. Alieva is always the star of the show. Obviously she loves fashion and has got an good taste in it as well as does not pay attention to negative remarks. Here is the photos of Mrs. Alieva among the First Ladies of the former Soviet Republics.
Picture

The original article can be found on ]KP.RU // Ëþäìèëà Ïóòèíà ñîáðàëà â Ìîñêâå ïåðâûõ ëåäè

I think it was because Rania went through a phase (not when she was very first queen but a couple of years later) when each time she stepped out you could count the labels as everything was very obviously haute couture and she didn't do anything to discourage the image that she was a fashion plate/wannabe model.

I think she didn't get the balance right - naturally as queen one doesn't expect her to be in rags but you can be elegant without looking overstyled - Mrs Alieva may have a few thousand dollars on her back as does queen rania - all these ladies have expensive wardrobes - but Mrs Alieva pulls it off by being timelessly elegant and her clothes don't scream 'Vogue' at one. It is about looking 'put together' rather than the amount of money one spends and Rania hasn't looked 'put together' for a long time.

I don't have the picture but she looked lovely when she first met Queen Elizabeth with an elegant chignon and a beautiful cream coat - really timelessly elegant. Perhaps another member has the picture?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a question of personal opinion but Mrs. Aliyeva (imo!) is hardly the demure figure you're painting her to be and has appeared in various shoots quite unlike those usually associated with First Ladies (not that imo there's anything wrong with that!). She has a reputation, from what I understand from a friend currently working in Baku, of being a fashionista and is very well-known for her wardrobe-which at times seems more than a little "young" for her and incredibly "Voguesque"!

Moreover even in the earlier years Rania may have worn expensive clothes but most of it was not couture, unlike other ME counterparts, with the exception of her gala dresses some of which were couture; the majority though were slightly altered.

As for looking "put together" that's purely down to personal taste, I do not think she looks anywhere as unkempt as you suggest. Personally I much prefer the fact that over the last few years she's opted for a more low-key wardrobe and seems to be concentrating more on her work now that she is well-established in her own right.

I think it was because Rania went through a phase (not when she was very first queen but a couple of years later) when each time she stepped out you could count the labels as everything was very obviously haute couture and she didn't do anything to discourage the image that she was a fashion plate/wannabe model.

I think she didn't get the balance right - naturally as queen one doesn't expect her to be in rags but you can be elegant without looking overstyled - Mrs Alieva may have a few thousand dollars on her back as does queen rania - all these ladies have expensive wardrobes - but Mrs Alieva pulls it off by being timelessly elegant and her clothes don't scream 'Vogue' at one. It is about looking 'put together' rather than the amount of money one spends and Rania hasn't looked 'put together' for a long time.

I don't have the picture but she looked lovely when she first met Queen Elizabeth with an elegant chignon and a beautiful cream coat - really timelessly elegant. Perhaps another member has the picture?
I agree with you yamamah,very well said.
I always said that rania turned from naturally young lady that wore what her position requires to overstyled personn and wannabe model who care more about her look than other thing and the proof is the clothes she wore lately as you said like she is going to meet a freinds and not to official duties.

May 6, 2008 Queen Rania in a lovely outfit. Its been a while since weve seen her in something like this outfit. Pretty colors & like the match up of the jacket.

Full View -- Closer View

I love this dress! Perfect for the season and time of day. A suit would've seemed too formal or stuffy. This is how she should be dressing this summer. Has anyone figured out the designer yet?

Last edited:
I love this dress! Perfect for the season and time of day. A suit would've seemed too formal or stuffy. This is how she should be dressing this summer. Has anyone figured out the designer yet?
I completely agree. I love this dress, too. The colours are beautiful and i like the combination with the jacket and shoes.

I'm not sure about this dress ...but Rania wears it the best one can do .:flowers:

May 7, 2008 in Amsterdam - Queen Rania in a black & white outfit. The top looks creamy down the sides, white through the center & black trimmings, not liking it at all.
Picture (ANP) -- Picture 2 (ANP)

Last edited:
I'm not sure about this dress ...but Rania wears it the best one can do .:flowers:
Dress is nice. But comparing with the lady on her side Rania should take off the jacket and take smaller purse.

I agree with you yamamah,very well said.
I always said that rania turned from naturally young lady that wore what her position requires to overstyled personn and wannabe model who care more about her look than other thing and the proof is the clothes she wore lately as you said like she is going to meet a freinds and not to official duties.
For somebody who isn't interested in her role as you claim she sure keeps a busy agenda and schedule. You would be hard pushed to find many Royals, both in and outside the Arab World, who work as hard she she does.

Back on topic, I love today's top and it's perfect for the weather at the moment. The belt and bag are both repeats from Azerbaijan.

I fully agree with you, Little_star. Queen Rania looks elegantly sportif and comfortable. The whole outfit nicely enhances her figure. A rather avant-garde pattern does add a special touch to the top. I like even the belt, which seems to be an integral part of Queen Rania's most outfits.

Rania's top is by Jonathan Saunders from Harvey Nichols in London

For somebody who isn't interested in her role as you claim she sure keeps a busy agenda and schedule. You would be hard pushed to find many Royals, both in and outside the Arab World, who work as hard she she does.

I would have to strongly disagree with this statement. You can find many royals around the world who work harder than she does. Princess Anne and Prince Felipe of Spain are two individuals who come to mind. They are constantly doing public engagements in their own countries and around the world, and those engagements are not usually of the glamorous or media-magnet kind that Rania flocks to (especially abroad). They do the mundane engagements that enable them to be seen by a broad range of society. I've noticed that especially with Prince Felipe. You constantly see him in the public eye, doing his job. Princess Anne, meanwhile, has a notorious work ethic I think more royals should emulate.

When compared to Felipe and Anne, Rania doesn't have nearly as busy a schedule as she should for a queen. She travels a lot, and I think that might make people believe she has a busier schedule than she does. But even then she puts in no more than one engagement a day, if that. I've watched solo trips to the United States where she has done an average of one engagement every two days. And I've never seen her make solo foreign trips to the less glamorous spots of the world – it's always to the U.S., other parts of the Arab world and a few countries in Europe. When she's in Jordan, she'll do a spurt of engagements and then disappear from public view for a while. This year she enjoyed three vacations in the first three months, and likely has more planned. And she always seriously scales back her activities in the summer, supposedly to spend time with the kids. So once this month's flurry of travel is over, we likely won't see much of her until the fall.

I think she still cares a great deal about her clothes and I suspect those long absences from the public view involve shopping trips to London and Paris. She is constantly debuting new clothes even though she is, admittedly, repeating a few more clothes than she used to when she first became queen. But it is still way too much for a queen of a poor country.

Just my opinion.

Adamari said:
I would have to strongly disagree with this statement. You can find many royals around the world who work harder than she does. Princess Anne and Prince Felipe of Spain are two individuals who come to mind. They are constantly doing public engagements in their own countries and around the world, and those engagements are not usually of the glamorous or media-magnet kind that Rania flocks to (especially abroad).
Would you care to elaborate with what you mean by "media magnet". The Global Report Initiative for example is hardly what I would call a media event. The coverage has actually been pretty low-key with few photos available. The only other big international event that springs to mind if the WEF, but as a foundation board member her attendance is to be expected and possibly even required. It's become a well-respected event in its own right and to refer to it as a "media magnet" is under-estimating it greatly imo.

Adamari said:
When compared to Felipe and Anne, Rania doesn't have nearly as busy a schedule as she should for a queen. She travels a lot, and I think that might make people believe she has a busier schedule than she does. But even then she puts in no more than one engagement a day, if that. I've watched solo trips to the United States where she has done an average of one engagement every two days.
She has and does often carry out multiple events on the same day, usually in Jordan, as was the case fairly recently when she attended 2 different events on the same day. Moreover IMRIC during her trip to China she also carried out a variety of different activities on the same day.

Adamari said:
And I've never seen her make solo foreign trips to the less glamorous spots of the world – it's always to the U.S., other parts of the Arab world and a few countries in Europe.
I guess you've missed her solo trip to Pakistan to visit earthquake victims she was one of the first high profile figures to make such a trip; the King was the first. Bam in Iran to visit the refugees from the earthquake there. She also visited refugee camps in Kosovo, just one day after becoming Queen, this doesn't include a trip she made to Bosnia. As well as undertaking trips to India and South Africa as part of her role as UNICEF Eminent Advocate for Children; neither country is known internationally for being "glamorous".

Adamari said:
When she's in Jordan, she'll do a spurt of engagements and then disappear from public view for a while.
We must have different ideas of what "a while" consitutues as she never seem to have a break of more than a week or so (if that!). It seems that in the average week she will have at least 2 to 3 engagements and that appears to be the norm.

Adamari said:
This year she enjoyed three vacations in the first three months, and likely has more planned.
Three? There was a trip to Austria skiing and a private visit to London but I'm not aware of any others. The London trips don't really count (imo) as they are not always for pleasure. There have been private trips in the past where it has later emerged that the Queen did participate in some sort of official duty.

Adamari said:
And she always seriously scales back her activities in the summer, supposedly to spend time with the kids. So once this month's flurry of travel is over, we likely won't see much of her until the fall.
In the coming month she has a trip to Brunei, a major conference in Jordan as well as the WEF in the Middle East in Egypt. June sees the Petra Nobel Laureates Conference which is a big event for Jordan.

Moreover the summer months are a seen as a "holiday" for the vast majority of Royals and politicians alike. Hence the numerous photos of the Spanish Royals in Mallorca or the Danish Royals in Caix. Here in the UK, Parliament has a 76 day holiday during the course of August and September.

Adamari said:
I think she still cares a great deal about her clothes and I suspect those long absences from the public view involve shopping trips to London and Paris.She is constantly debuting new clothes even though she is, admittedly, repeating a few more clothes than she used to when she first became queen. But it is still way too much for a queen of a poor country.
In past interviews she has actually said that most of her clothes are free from designers or borrowed items (I think that was in reference to evening dress specifically) so the suggestion that she is spending her free time buying clothes would seem to be grossly inaccurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom