Queen Rania's Daytime Fashion Part 2: August 2007 - October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A perfect "Queen Rania" outfit : simple, classic but beautiful .

Yes it is a Dior outfit, quite pretty but at such events, i would like to see Rania in a more traditional outfit for some reason.

It's a nice outfit on her but I think it might have looked better with a smaller handbag - maybe a handbag with a shoulder strap or a clutch in bronze / gold / brown tones - it calls for a more delicate bag.

Chelsea, I agree with you about the handbag. I think a clutch would have looked fabulous with this dress.

LOVE this dress. Perfect for her!

Oct 10, 2008 - Short sleeve black jacket, yellow top and light grey pants. I must say this is one of the Queen's worst looks. Looks like she got dressed in the dark or without a stylist. Nothing in the outfit matches IMO.

Picture
(originally posted by Mademoiselle Lilo)

I don't mind the outfit, it seems perfectly acceptable for a meeting of this nature.

Oct 11, 2008 - Queen Rania in a traditional dress. Black with colored embroidery. I think this is a pretty dress, like all the color on it.

Pic 1 -- Pic 2

I love this dress! It almost looks like a Pucci dress from the 1960s. The shape is so beautiful on her.

Finally Queen Rania wore something traditional. I think she could wear traditional clothes more often as they look amazing on her.

Oct 13, 2008 - Black and white dress, looks like a tweed dress & its by Christian Dior.
Jacket in same fabric and dress in same style

Pic 1 -- Pic 2 -- Pic 3

Last edited:
Very classic, very Rania. I would love to see her wear it in another colour though. (But I'm being picky ;) )
Thanks Dazzling.

I love the dress she wore for the arrival of the visiting dignitaries.

Rania has worn a lot of Dior and YSL recently so it looks like she may have been loaned clothes from them recently.

Oct 11, 2008 - Queen Rania in a traditional dress. Black with colored embroidery. I think this is a pretty dress, like all the color on it.

Pic 1 -- Pic 2

Maybe I am biased, but Queen Rania seems to be the only royal who finds such extraordinary colors to wear. They are such rich jewel tones, and suit her so well, with her long dark hair and dark eyes. Interestingly enough, those colors were fashionable in France on scarves a couple of winters ago. Because I love scarves and could never afford (nor have any real occasion to wear) a real dress, I bought a few to add to my collection which I display, just for visual pleasure. Again, it's those fabulous colors, you feel like you're dipping into a jewel trunk. Very "Arabian tales", fantastic !

Perhaps it's a bit of a generalisation but I think people from Middle Eastern and Asian cultures are more likely to wear brighter colours and put together colours that nromally wouldn't be associated wth each other. Personally I didn't think the colours were anything special but I have a sari with a similar colour scheme, which is probably why.

Perhaps it's a bit of a generalisation but I think people from Middle Eastern and Asian cultures are more likely to wear brighter colours and put together colours that nromally wouldn't be associated wth each other. Personally I didn't think the colours were anything special but I have a sari with a similar colour scheme, which is probably why.

I think you're right. I also think that western women (especially French women) desiring to be chic have been brainwashed into thinking that black and beige and neutrals are what makes women look sophisticated. I argue with my French friends about this all the time. I don't mind black but a bit of colorful embroidery will turn an outfit from drab to fabulous. I remember Princess Caroline wearing something similar (it was a velvet coat at a Monaco Circus festival) and the colorful embroidery brought the festivity of the occasion right out. Maybe Middle Eastern and Asian cultures have a better sense of festivity ? (This is off the subject, but still on the subject of color: Angelina Jolie did a lot of research on Indian colors when she played in one of her action movies and chose a saffran looking outfit to match the environment. Princess Diana, with Catherine Walker, always did that kind of research too when she visited foreign countries. The results were always spectacular). The morale of the story : as a royal, take risks with colors and honor the traditional colors of your own country or the countries you visit !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom