Queen Rania's Daytime Fashion Part 12: May 2014 - April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a bit a missed opportunity that the Queen so seldom uses traditional elements in her outfits. The Japanese, Thai or Moroccoan royals are an example. Or look at Sheikha Mozah, hyper-modern but still with an eye for tradition.

I think that Middle East doesn't need more tradition, there is plenty enough of tradition in these countries, so much tradition that it ends to be almost dangerous. I am fed up reading since 2006 in this forum about the same point, repeated again and again.

I think it's a shorter and lined version of this Elie Saab fall 2011 dress: http://media.style.com/image/ts/sli...RTW/ESAAB/RUNWAY/683/1024/00080fullscreen.jpg

Also, I found this Elie Saab dress in the same collection and it really reminds me of a photo of Rania I saw recently of an old event where she wore a dress with a jacket I think and the bottom of her dress really reminds me of this dress:
Elie Saab Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear - Collection - Gallery - Style.com

Do you know which event I'm talking about ? I can't remember where I saw the picture... ( I could be wrong about the wearer tho but I'm pretty sure it was Rania)

As for the first dress, yes, it seems that is the same Elie Saab dress, QR just reduced the transparency of the outfit.
As for the second dress, I can't recall this dress or skirt, you may mean the green full long skirt with black leather panels?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes but she is the Queen of Jordan and there the thobe it´s typical so why
don´t wear it more usually? In 2014 she only wore four thobes. Rania wears a thobe when she visits small villages but it´s a nice gesture from her wear those traditional dresses and she usually wears them inside Jordan (she only has worn a thobe in four or five times outside Jordan). I would love see her wearing a thobe more usually. She has a lot of engagements outside Jordan to wear expensive western clothes.

Yes but she is the Queen of Jordan and there the thobe it´s typical so why
don´t wear it more usually? In 2014 she only wore four thobes. Rania wears a thobe when she visits small villages but it´s a nice gesture from her wear those traditional dresses and she usually wears them inside Jordan (she only has worn a thobe in four or five times outside Jordan). I would love see her wearing a thobe more usually. She has a lot of engagements outside Jordan to wear expensive western clothes.

I respect your opinion although I find it rediculous to count how many thobes she wore this year.

I think it's a shorter and lined version of this Elie Saab fall 2011 dress: http://media.style.com/image/ts/sli...RTW/ESAAB/RUNWAY/683/1024/00080fullscreen.jpg

Also, I found this Elie Saab dress in the same collection and it really reminds me of a photo of Rania I saw recently of an old event where she wore a dress with a jacket I think and the bottom of her dress really reminds me of this dress:
Elie Saab Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear - Collection - Gallery - Style.com

Do you know which event I'm talking about ? I can't remember where I saw the picture... ( I could be wrong about the wearer tho but I'm pretty sure it was Rania)

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

I respect your opinion although I find it rediculous to count how many thobes she wore this year.

Too is "ridiculous" count how many times she has worn a dress, shoes, pair of earrings... Which designer did her clothes.... and we do it. She is the Queen of Jordan and it´s an honour when she wears a traditional dress showing to all world the beautiful traditional dress same like when Morocco´s Princesses wear a caftan.

I´m not a fan of this coat. The bots are recycled. Thanks QueenRaniaFashion:flowers:

Last edited:
not all traditons are bad or ridiculous some of them are even worth to be jealously saved especially when (beside been beautiful) it can be Vital sector and source of living,for example Traditional fashion Industry (caftans,jewelery and shoes) in Morocco is worth Millions if it's not billions and each time Moroccan Princesses wore those traditional clothes it's super pub for the Industery and for the country they represent wich is good thing,same can be said about Rania she is Queen of Jordan and there no harm to ask her to promote the national fashion it can be very god help for alot of working in the sector and Frankly that's her job to represent her country colors.

I don't like the davos outfit beside all leather stuffs going on it's too rock star style and too casual for sush event.

Too is "ridiculous" count how many times she has worn a dress, shoes, pair of earrings... Which designer did her clothes.... and we do it. She is the Queen of Jordan and it´s an honour when she wears a traditional dress showing to all world the beautiful traditional dress same like when Morocco´s Princesses wear a caftan.

I´m not a fan of this coat. The bots are recycled. Thanks QueenRaniaFashion:flowers:

I don't agree, if we count the dresses and the skirts she wears it is a matter of fashion, at least this is for me, and for this reason this is a fashion thread. The discussion about the thoubs she is wearing is more a matter of tradition in my opinion. So this a big difference.

not all traditons are bad or ridiculous some of them are even worth to be jealously saved especially when (beside been beautiful) it can be Vital sector and source of living,for example Traditional fashion Industry (caftans,jewelery and shoes) in Morocco is worth Millions if it's not billions and each time Moroccan Princesses wore those traditional clothes it's super pub for the Industery and for the country they represent wich is good thing,same can be said about Rania she is Queen of Jordan and there no harm to ask her to promote the national fashion it can be very god help for alot of working in the sector and Frankly that's her job to represent her country colors.

I don't like the davos outfit beside all leather stuffs going on it's too rock star style and too casual for sush event.

Mademoiselle Lilo, who said that traditions are bad or ridiculous? Nobody said that, so what's the meaning of your answer? I said that you can't estimate how much she respects her country's culture and tradition by counting how many times and in what occasion she was wearing a traditional dress which are very beautiful and luxurious but I find it a little repressing to count how many times this happened and trying to find a problem. And imo at Jordan there is no problem about the respect of tradition, on the contrary there is a lot of tradition in everything, in palaces architecture, in food etc, I see many traditional elements in their photos and I knew many many traditions about Jordan.

Mademoiselle Lilo, who said that traditions are bad or ridiculous? Nobody said that, so what's the meaning of your answer? I said that you can't estimate how much she respects her country's culture and tradition by counting how many times and in what occasion she was wearing a traditional dress which are very beautiful and luxurious but I find it a little repressing to count how many times this happened and trying to find a problem. And imo at Jordan there is no problem about the respect of tradition, on the contrary there is a lot of tradition in everything, in palaces architecture, in food etc, I see many traditional elements in their photos and I knew many many traditions about Jordan.

you said "Middle East doesn't need more tradition" like it's very bad thing; and " so much tradition that it ends to be almost dangerous"... so forgive me if i misunderstand you're point,have said that i think you should get our point too and this not just coming from us but from alot of Jordanians who estimate very respectful and wise from Queen to promote her country fashion more and less the western fashion and if you allow me to add that wearing a traditonal thoub isn't dangerous for anyone.

Outfit worn in Davos, the coat is much prettier on the model, it's one of those coats that shouldn't be matched with pants. Moreover the denim/blue part is unflattering. I think this is one of Rania's worst looks in a long time.

I usually love what she wears but this is an awful outfit.

I don't agree, if we count the dresses and the skirts she wears it is a matter of fashion, at least this is for me, and for this reason this is a fashion thread. The discussion about the thoubs she is wearing is more a matter of tradition in my opinion. So this a big difference.

It´s a fashion too but I won´t continue with that discussion. I know the reality in Jordan.

I actually love her outfit this time, it's been awhile since we see her in tight fitting pants. The jacket is okay but I think it should end around the waist. The longer-than-waist length makes the whole look a bit unflattering.

It´s a fashion too but I won´t continue with that discussion. I know the reality in Jordan.

I said "rediculous: because I incorrectly thought that I answered to a Duc e Pair post, I didn't see that it was your own post, I wouldn't say to you something like rediculous anyway. You have youw opinion, I have mine, I don't think this is bad, it is good to know how other people see and think about that. If I had origin from Jordan or other similar country probably I could agree with you all.

you said "Middle East doesn't need more tradition" like it's very bad thing; and " so much tradition that it ends to be almost dangerous"... so forgive me if i misunderstand you're point,have said that i think you should get our point too and this not just coming from us but from alot of Jordanians who estimate very respectful and wise from Queen to promote her country fashion more and less the western fashion and if you allow me to add that wearing a traditonal thoub isn't dangerous for anyone.

I think you pretend that you don't understand what I mean by saying that there is plenty enough of tradition, and when this ends to be dangerous, dangerous are the fundamentalists as we all know and I think that there is such a thing in Jordan. Of course wearing a traditional dress doesn't harm anyone but the pressure about that may be harmful.

I usually love what she wears but this is an awful outfit.

I also don't like this coat as I don't like the half of the clothes that QRania wears but I watch her fashion and I have known many many things about fashion through this, she is the best person to watch the new trends, the very new trends even before they get wide known.

Godiva, Queen Rania represents Jordan, therefore, it's expected from her to wear traditional Jordanian Thobes abroad as a form of embedded marketing, which can increase the demand on these Thobes, I find it amusing how you managed to link these beautiful embroidered dresses to fundamentalism and "danger"!!

Last edited:
Godiva, Queen Rania represents Jordan, therefore, it's expected from her to wear traditional Jordanian Thobes abroad as a form of embedded marketing, which can increase the demand on these Thobes, I find it amusing how you managed to link these beautiful embroidered dresses to fundamentalism and "danger"!!

So you suggest that every country's first lady should wear her country's traditional costume (every country has one, not only Jordan!) ? I find amusing your argument about the product marketing, so that's why Queen must wear traditional dress when abroad : in order to make them trendy? I don't link beautiful dresses with danger, don't pretend you don't understand, I said the REPRESSION and obsession with tradition is danger, the counting, the constant complaint.
I can see the problem when we see QR wearing beautiful thobes quite often, in Independent Day for example, what's really the problem? She should wear it every day or go to Davos in a thob? And some of you, use as example Morocco, which country is not the best country model, many problems, so the thob didn't seem to help them. And I stop here, it is good to know what other people think , people like me, even if I am wrong in your opinion, about this.

Last edited:
Yes she has worn beautiful thoubs this is not one of them.

So you suggest that every country's first lady should wear her country's traditional costume (every country has one, not only Jordan!) ? I find amusing your argument about the product marketing, so that's why Queen must wear traditional dress when abroad : in order to make them trendy? I don't link beautiful dresses with danger, don't pretend you don't understand, I said the REPRESSION and obsession with tradition is danger, the counting, the constant complaint.
I can see the problem when we see QR wearing beautiful thobes quite often, in Independent Day for example, what's really the problem? She should wear it every day or go to Davos in a thob? And some of you, use as example Morocco, which country is not the best country model, many problems, so the thob didn't seem to help them. And I stop here, it is good to know what other people think , people like me, even if I am wrong in your opinion, about this.
if you allow me and with all respect I disagree;
as M.Lilo mention above Fashion Industry of caftans in Morocco cost and worth aloooooooot of money and provide jobs to aloooot of ppl and allow youngs artists and designers to shine and Moroccan Princesses by wearing these designers work help and alot because they are promoting this Industry and pushed to grow and success Now and thatnks to them Caftan is very famous brand around the world,so in this area Morocco is very good Model,and if you don't like Morocco example you can watch the one of Gulf and Japan wich their royal always wore their traditional clothes with proud thing that Rania doesn't seem to care,as said alot members above Rania as Queen of Jordan should present her country patrimony more there is no harm in that.

Last edited:
if you allow me and with all respect I disagree;
as M.Lilo mention above Fashion Industry of caftans in Morocco cost and worth aloooooooot of money and provide jobs to aloooot of ppl and allow youngs artists and designers to shine and Moroccan Princesses by wearing these designers work help and alot because they are promoting this Industry and pushed to grow and success Now and thatnks to them Caftan is very famous brand around the world,so in this area Morocco is very good Model,and if you don't like Morocco example you can watch the one of Gulf and Japan wich their royal always wore their traditional clothes with proud thing that Rania doesn't seem to care,as said alot members above Rania as Queen of Jordan should present her country patrimony more there is no harm in that.
Shrifia,
Thanks for your kind way.
I wanted to say that and you said it first : the caftan is very famous around the world as a symbol of Middle East countries, or arabic symbol. I agree it is a very good idea to wear traditional dress in order to make jordanian dresses popular but the dresscode of Queen has many other, more imprortant purposes. Queen Rania is more famous than other Middle East countries first ladies, princesses etc, am I wrong? This is far more important for a country than selling traditional dresses.
I said that Morocco is not the role model country meaning it is a country with some problems as I know and princesses dresscode didn't manage to solve these problems, on the other hand Jordan is not better, has also many problems but their king & queen are more acceptable and likeable to countries like USA & Europe and this is a bigger success than selling dresses.
Girls, I need to say again that I say my opinion as a person who doesn't live in Jordan or a similar country, I understand that you have another point of view, also I need to tell that QRania may have dissapoint Jordan people because she doesn't do this or that, but abroad she is a great figure and that means strength for her people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom