The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 07:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Hmm, I'm not sure but I think the blouse below is the sae as the noe from the second link:
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Nov/23/3141I.htm

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Dec/04/3657I.htm

Old 12-09-2005, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

I think you might be right Little_star. The colour of the two blouses is the same and the fabric is also similar.

Old 12-09-2005, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

Queen Rania today: (all pictures from Petra)

She's wearing the same cardigan worn during a visit to the US on September 13 and the same printed yellow blouse worn on October 2:
1. September 13, 2005
2. October 2, 2005
Old 12-22-2005, 07:37 PM
Serene Highness

Love these outfits -- understated and elegant!

Does anyone know if she's worn any of this before? Who makes the coat? Any ideas?

(please somebody?)

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...1&d=1135271676
Old 12-22-2005, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Lillia, :)
I am looking up the designer and will post the pictures in QR's styles and fashions thread as soon as I find something. I dont think I've seen either the black coat or the jacket before. Though I believe Queen Rania has worn the grey skirt before.

Grey Skirt
1. December 4, 2005 Arab thought/media conference, Dubai
2. December 22, 2005 working visit - Athens, Greece
Pictures from BNA and ANP
Old 12-29-2005, 04:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh come on, It's normal to recycle

Do you imagine, (out of the money cost of course !!!) the time to be spent if she had to constantly renew all her gardrobe???, shirts, pants, skirts, bags, all the mess !!!! Each item to be worn once and to be replaced ??? I think even Paris Hilton does not do it, at least for her sunglasses.

She should spend 48h/day to look for new clothes and accessories. Should be unrealistic !!! Impossible

And the word recycling it quite exagerating. She may wear two or three times the same new thing, what's the problem???? For me "recycling" for a normal woman it's to wear the same pants for years, and when they are pretty used, to cut them to do capri(bermuda) pants!
But wearing three times the same Chanel not so sad for me!

I like very much Rania, she is pretty, classy, wonderfull, she does a very good job, and in any way she is a Queen she can spend, but dont say that she is suffering by the same Prada dress.......

Have all of you a happy holiday period, and do not be desperate if you have to wear the same Giorgio Armani ballgown for both Christmas and New Year eve , it happens also to Queens
Old 12-29-2005, 07:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Most of the Royal ladies have a "recycled clothes" thread and I don't think the aim is for us to feel sorry for them becuase they've re-used clothing but to show that they do re-use clothing, just like every normal person.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:53 PM
Courtier

like every normal person is an exaggeration. at least for me! i agree with fandesacs2003: for me recycling means much more than wearing the same coat twice.

these people are royalty and they are in no way normal like everyone else. they live very privledged lives - not that there is anything wrong with that - isn't that what people aspire to? to be wealthy? but i think to claim that they are normal like us is just wrong. they are very lucky and privledged.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:47 PM
Majesty

Please let's get back on topic which is discussing how Rania recycles her outfits and accessories. If anyone disagrees with the verbiage, kindly take it up with the moderating team via private message.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Mandy
Royal House of Fashion Moderator
Old 12-31-2005, 04:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
Hi Lillia, :)
I am looking up the designer and will post the pictures in QR's styles and fashions thread as soon as I find something. I dont think I've seen either the black coat or the jacket before. Though I believe Queen Rania has worn the grey skirt before.

Grey Skirt
1. December 4, 2005 Arab thought/media conference, Dubai
2. December 22, 2005 working visit - Athens, Greece
Pictures from BNA and ANP
I have seen QR wearing that turquoise/petrol blue blouse a few times recently (in picture on left side). Think that colour is lovely on her.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:02 PM
Gentry

The recycling threads to me show not just how a royal person is good at re-using clothes, though that's part of it, but rather it is a great way to illustrate their sense of style. Someone in Rania's position would recycle a particular outfit or a piece of clothing because it feels right, is comfortable and so forth. The more it is seen, the more it becomes a bigger part of her evolving style.

Just from observation I see that the shirt-style Prada dresses that Rania wore in 2004 were a big hit as was the YSL jacket in numerous colours worn in 2005. For me, seeing the examples gathered here gives me much of a glimpse into what Rania likes and what defines her style. Simple as that.

TC
Love
Barbara
Old 01-05-2006, 10:24 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
I've never understood how some royalty/celebs never get caught wearing the same outfit twice. It's such a waste to keep buying and buying. Personally, I can hook-up my navy pencil skirt at least ten different ways so "recycling" should be the norm for all people. The fact that Rania "recycles" gives me yet another reason to like her more and more. Even though I can't imagine paying thousands of dollars for designer duds, I still admire her sense and understanding of style.

Could you imagine your spouse finding the Visa bill after buying a YSL jacket or a Prada dress? Hell, mine has a fit when I buy a sweater or two from JCrew.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Trust me, to own a YSL, Valentino, Gucci (when Tom Ford was the head designer) or any major designer garment is sincerely a great investment.

Screw the Visa or AMEX bill; in years to come some these clothes, if kept in good condition, may be worth something. At least I think so; as well as my Grandma who has several original Christian Dior dresses from his last original collection before his untimely death. She also has some garments from when Yves Saint Laurnet was the head designer for the house of Dior (he was Christian's assistant at the time of his death and Yves took over there after.)

But of course others may disagree... really disagree, but that's okay.:)

*Back on topic*
HM Queen Rania's style is simply amazing!
Old 01-06-2006, 07:58 AM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras
Trust me, to own a YSL, Valentino, Gucci (when Tom Ford was the head designer) or any major designer garment is sincerely a great investment.

Screw the Visa or AMEX bill; in years to come some these clothes, if kept in good condition, may be worth something. At least I think so; as well as my Grandma who has several original Christian Dior dresses from his last original collection before his untimely death. She also has some garments from when Yves Saint Laurnet was the head designer for the house of Dior (he was Christian's assistant at the time of his death and Yves took over there after.)

But of course others may disagree... really disagree, but that's okay.:)

*Back on topic*
HM Queen Rania's style is simply amazing!
No, I totally agree with you. My mom still has a couple of Dior dresses from the mid 80s but to have some of the designer's fashions when he was actually designing/alive has to worth some serious money. Hold on to those treasures.

My new claim to fame is that I "know" someone whose grandmother owns a few Dior originals!
Old 01-28-2006, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator

1. January 28, 2006 - World Economic Forum, Davos

2. December 1, 2005 - Opening of Parliament. Same grey jacket and black belt as #1
3. December 19, 2005 - Memorial park for Amman bombing victims. Same blue turtle-neck as #1
Pictures from Petra and AFP
Old 01-29-2006, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
Queen Rania on Oprah on January 23, 2006. I think she's wearing the same cardigan as the pictures above. (Picture from Oprah.com)
Old 01-31-2006, 06:27 PM
Serene Highness

:) Those are nice pictures.

I like how her wardrobe seems so practical for the work she does. She has such good taste, in my opinion.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:48 PM
Aristocracy

I think Queen Rania is so elegant in those pictures, yet down to earth looking. Most of her clothes seem to be something anyone can wear, so they can be easily recycled.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

Black cardigan
1. September 2, 2005 - Italy
2. September 17, 2005 - New York
3. January 27, 2006 - Davos, Switzerland

Olycom, Yahoo/AP, Abaca press
Old 02-07-2006, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

1. October 29, 2005 - Muzaffarabad, Pakistan