Queen Rania's Daytime fashion Part 1: October 2004 - August 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well you know, i thought about it for a while and looked at all the pictures from all the angles, the cuts are very similar, the collar and pockets appear the same, and so do the sleeves, ie. the very subtle flared detail right above the cuffs.
Plus the suit worn in Turkey looks less blue indoors (as in the Petra pics) so it could just be a question of lighting....which kind of makes sense since the pictures from the two previous occasions QR wore this jacket on were also taken indoors.
Petra & Abaca

Last edited:
~*~Humera~*~ said:
well you know, i thought about it for a while and looked at all the pictures from all the angles, the cuts are very similar, the collar and pockets appear the same, and so do the sleeves, ie. the very subtle flared detail right above the cuffs.
Plus the suit worn in Turkey looks less blue indoors (as in the Petra pics) so it could just be a question of lighting....which kind of makes sense since the pictures from the two previous occasions QR wore this jacket on were also taken indoors.
Petra & Abaca
http://img120.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=92250_j2.jpg

You have totally convinced me, Humera! Thanks for taking that extra time to get back to me about this with the new set of pics.

TC
Love
Barbara

You're welcome Barbara:)
And now what do you think about the jacket Queen Rania wore on Sunday?
Picture from Petra

I only just noticed it, but I think it might be the same grey jacket we've been talking about. You can just make out the collar and pocket under the Queen's hair (on her right side)
I know its impossible to be completely sure since this is the only picture we have from this event.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
http://s2.supload.com/free/6227I a.jpg/view/I only just noticed it, but I think it might be the same grey jacket we've been talking about. You can just make out the collar and pocket under the Queen's hair (on her right side)
I know its impossible to be completely sure since this is the only picture we have from this event.

Yes, you can just tell there's a breast pocket. Also the cuffs look right, not to mention the colour ;)
This must be such a favourite jacket of the Queen. I like the metamorphosis that this jacket has gone through. Whether worn with a pair of pants (matching or black) or a skirt, the look is always different and surprising. I love ensembles where you can wear a jacket with matching pants as well as a skirt. You see that in stores often. Then the trick is to make it different each time, worn with different blouses/tops and accessories. Queen Rania is becoming a master at this. I love seeing the changes she makes to each outfit :)

TC
Love
Barbara

I know. Its great seeing how one piece of clothing can make a completely different impact in different ensembles.
These days there's more and more emphasis on buying pieces of clothing that can be worn in more than one way, even at both formal and informal occasions. Its so much more practical, not to mention economical.
The gray pants and the skirt worn with the jacket must've been bought with this mind. Its such a timeless piece. Im sure the Queen can wear it years from now and it'll look just as stylish (like the white jacket on the last page)
Im actually looking forward to seeing her wear some more pieces from the past. She has worn some stunning outfits that have only been photographed once or twice.

I had a very hard time finding anything on Jordanian designers on the internet. I only have info. on one label that has been worn by Queen Rania. A long time ago I came across another Jordanian label which frequently designs for Rania, Noor and other members of the royal family, but I cant find anything on them on the internet. I will keep looking though.

In the meantime, here's an old article on a Jordanian fashion house run by two sisters, they have designed for both Queen Rania and Queen Noor.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Traditional and modern mix in successful designers' work[/FONT]
AMMAN — Designed for the modern look, Fatina and Abla Asfour's tradition-inspired garments offer a glimpse of history while keeping up with modernity.
Their creations are distinguished by an abundance of fabric, luxurious colors and precision.
“The garments are flattening for women, they are aesthetic. We concentrate on reflecting the beauty of the person,” said Fatina, while showing various hand- and machine-embroidered garments in their workshop located between the fourth and fifth circles.
Fatina and Abla run a traditional garment design house in Amman, known as Kumbaz. It was set up 14 years ago to explore the country's rich heritage and its reflection on fashion and design.
http://www3.estart.com/arab/women/traditionaldesigners.html

Another article, with pictures of the designers' creations. The article is in French.
http://www.femmesdumaroc.com/Caftan/Edition2003/hautecouturearabe/FatinaetAblaAsfourJordanie

white double-breasted jacket
1. March 10, 2006 - New Delhi
2. March 15, 2006
Pictures from Petra

the queen has been recycling her outfits pretty much often these days, nevertheless she always looks gourgeous.

Queen Rania in the same stylish outfit, blue Roland Mouret jacket and black skirt (Pics from AFP/ANP & Profimedia)

edit: I just wanted to add that I love how QR can wear the same outfit for a formal event at night (Greece) and then during the day (Paris) with different hair and lighter makeup. Very versatile!

1. December 21, 2005 - Athens
2. March 20, 2006 - Paris

Last edited:
there haven't been any examples of recycled accessories in this thread in a long time so here's the latest:

Same white bag (Abaca)
1. March 21, 2006 - Paris
2. March 27, 2006

same brown/beige purse (PM India & Anadolu)
1. March 10, 2006 - New Delhi, India
2. February 23, 2006 - Istanbul, Turkey

deep red shoes (Profimedia and Abaca)
1. February 14, 2006
2. March 21, 2006 - Paris

beige bag (Petra, Profimedia, and ISIFA)
1. May 8, 2004
2-3. February 24, 2006 - Istanbul

HM Queen Rania is incredibly beautiful. The way she carries herself is something to be admired in my book.

Wow Litlle Star!!! I am very impressed by your work! Congratulations!

The same white jacket from Post 223
April 24, 2006 - Spanish state visit to Jordan (Petra)

Same scarf
1. January 18, 2006 (Petra)
2. February 21, 2006 (Petra)

White YSL Jacket
1. July 12, 2005 - Paris (Newscom)
2. April 12, 2006 (Petra)

Green YSL top
1. April 25, 2005 (Petra)
2. June 28, 2006 (Petra)

Same traditional dress - the embroidery on the sleeves, and on the front of the dress is quite clearly the same.
1. Probably from 2002, if someone knows the exact date and event, please let us know (Picture press)
2. June 10, 2006 (Petra)

Same white jacket
1. May 21, 2006 - Kuwait (Petra)
2. June 12, 2006 (PPE)
http://img130.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=49360_3_June_12,_2006_516lo.jpg

Same brown jacket
1. April 26, 2006 (Petra)
2. May 10, 2006 - Chicago (Polfoto)

Same dress, shoes, and handbag (originally posted by Little_star. Im reposting the pics as thumbnails since the Petra links stop working after a while)
1. April 9, 2006 (Petra)
2. May 3, 2006 (Petra)

Same outfit, including blouse, jacket, and skirt (Petra)
1. March 27, 2006
2. May 9, 2006 - New York

Same khaki jacket
1. April 2, 2006 - Durban, South Africa (Gettyimages/AFP)
2. May 2, 2006 (Petra)

Last edited:
Grey tweed skirt
1. April 29, 2006 (Petra)
2. June 12, 2006 (Petra)
3. June 21, 2006 (gettyimages)

Matching jacket and trousers with the same belt
1. May 7, 2006 - New York (Gettyimages)
2. June 2, 2006 - Berlin (AP via Yahoo)

just the jacket
3. May 16, 2006 (Petra)

Grey stripped trousers
1. January 26, 2006 - Davos, Switzerland, World Economic Forum (AP via Yahoo)
2. February 24, 2006 - Istanbul (Petra)

Last edited:
yes you're right, they are the same.
Although Queen Rania seems to prefer wearing hers as a coat dress.
I'll definately look it up and get back to you.

QR is so elegant. I love the way she dresses:p :) :)

I also think she did well wearing that outfit as a coat dress rather that a coat on it's own. just my opinion.

Thank´s Humera.

I´d like see more pics of traditional dress, it´s beautiful.

salma, unfortunately I haven't come across any better pictures of that traditonal dress.

A few more recycling examples:

1. Same white jacket (all pics from Petra)
a. September 5, 2005
b. May 24, 2006
c. June 11, 2006
d. July 4, 2006

2. Same white short-sleeve jacket in all three pics, and same brown skirt in "a" and "b"
a. May 17, 2006 (Petra)
b. May 22, 2006 - Egypt, World Economic Forum (Polfoto)
c. June 19, 2006 (Petra)

3. The belt worn in 1b, 1c, and 2a is another recycling example.

I think she has such good taste -- and her wardrobe is practical too. Her choices are appropriate and stylish and make her look approachable, imo. I think it's what makes her so appealing:) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom