Queen Rania's Daytime fashion Part 1: October 2004 - August 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The recycling threads to me show not just how a royal person is good at re-using clothes, though that's part of it, but rather it is a great way to illustrate their sense of style. Someone in Rania's position would recycle a particular outfit or a piece of clothing because it feels right, is comfortable and so forth. The more it is seen, the more it becomes a bigger part of her evolving style.

Just from observation I see that the shirt-style Prada dresses that Rania wore in 2004 were a big hit as was the YSL jacket in numerous colours worn in 2005. For me, seeing the examples gathered here gives me much of a glimpse into what Rania likes and what defines her style. Simple as that.

TC
Love
Barbara

Last edited:
I've never understood how some royalty/celebs never get caught wearing the same outfit twice. It's such a waste to keep buying and buying. Personally, I can hook-up my navy pencil skirt at least ten different ways so "recycling" should be the norm for all people. The fact that Rania "recycles" gives me yet another reason to like her more and more. Even though I can't imagine paying thousands of dollars for designer duds, I still admire her sense and understanding of style.

Could you imagine your spouse finding the Visa bill after buying a YSL jacket or a Prada dress? Hell, mine has a fit when I buy a sweater or two from JCrew.:D

Trust me, to own a YSL, Valentino, Gucci (when Tom Ford was the head designer) or any major designer garment is sincerely a great investment.

:D Screw the Visa or AMEX bill; in years to come some these clothes, if kept in good condition, may be worth something. At least I think so; as well as my Grandma who has several original Christian Dior dresses from his last original collection before his untimely death. She also has some garments from when Yves Saint Laurnet was the head designer for the house of Dior (he was Christian's assistant at the time of his death and Yves took over there after.)

But of course others may disagree... really disagree, but that's okay.:)

*Back on topic*
HM Queen Rania's style is simply amazing!

Last edited:
GlitteringTiaras said:
Trust me, to own a YSL, Valentino, Gucci (when Tom Ford was the head designer) or any major designer garment is sincerely a great investment.

:D Screw the Visa or AMEX bill; in years to come some these clothes, if kept in good condition, may be worth something. At least I think so; as well as my Grandma who has several original Christian Dior dresses from his last original collection before his untimely death. She also has some garments from when Yves Saint Laurnet was the head designer for the house of Dior (he was Christian's assistant at the time of his death and Yves took over there after.)

But of course others may disagree... really disagree, but that's okay.:)

*Back on topic*
HM Queen Rania's style is simply amazing!

No, I totally agree with you. My mom still has a couple of Dior dresses from the mid 80s but to have some of the designer's fashions when he was actually designing/alive has to worth some serious money. Hold on to those treasures.

My new claim to fame is that I "know" someone whose grandmother owns a few Dior originals!;)

1. January 28, 2006 - World Economic Forum, Davos

2. December 1, 2005 - Opening of Parliament. Same grey jacket and black belt as #1
3. December 19, 2005 - Memorial park for Amman bombing victims. Same blue turtle-neck as #1
Pictures from Petra and AFP

Last edited:
~*~Humera~*~ said:

Queen Rania on Oprah on January 23, 2006. I think she's wearing the same cardigan as the pictures above. (Picture from Oprah.com)

:) Those are nice pictures.

I like how her wardrobe seems so practical for the work she does. She has such good taste, in my opinion.

I think Queen Rania is so elegant in those pictures, yet down to earth looking. Most of her clothes seem to be something anyone can wear, so they can be easily recycled.

Black cardigan
1. September 2, 2005 - Italy
2. September 17, 2005 - New York
3. January 27, 2006 - Davos, Switzerland

Olycom, Yahoo/AP, Abaca press

1. October 29, 2005 - Muzaffarabad, Pakistan
2. February 1, 2006 - Same light grey coat as #1
3. January 2006 - Nightline interview, Davos - Same purple top as #2

Gettyimages, Petra & screencap

Last edited:
1. February 7, 2006
2. March 8, 2004 - Beirut - Same khaki coat as #1
3. October 29, 2005 - Muzaffarabad, Pakistan - Same choclate brown pants as #1

Petra & Polfoto

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Black cardigan
1. September 2, 2005 - Italy
2. September 17, 2005 - New York
3. January 27, 2006 - Davos, Switzerland

Olycom, Yahoo/AP, Abaca press

WHAT is around her neck in the first one?????:eek: It DOESN'T look pretty. Thanks for the photos;)

"WHAT is around her neck in the first one?????:eek: "

It's a scarf and personally I like it. Rania seems quite fond of scarves.

Thanks for updating the thread, Humera, there were quite a few items that I'd seen recently that I thought looked familiar.

I thought the scarf was rather chic. Its very much in keeping with Queen Rania's style and has also been seen a lot on the catwalks lately.

Last edited:
~*~Humera~*~ said:
1. December 9, 2005
2. September 13, 2005
3. October 2, 2005
4. January 23, 2006

February 8 ,2006 (Petra)
Same lovely floral blouse as #1 and 3 above, same beige-brown cardigan as #1, 2, and 4.
Infact this entire ensemble is the same as the outfit in #1, including the grey pants and white belt, with the addition of a matching silky ribbon/belt.

She has such good taste in clothes and she dresses in such a practical and elegant way, imo.

I like Queen Rania very much , she does a very good job indeed..but she seems to wear her outfits three times and after that, you don't see them again for a long time or never at all. It's just a waste of money and the clothes, do you think she donates the clothes to relatives?

Gray check jacket and vest. (Profimedia & BNA)
1. February 14, 2006 - Irish state visit
2. February 20, 2006 - Bahrain

aren't they diff jackets though? same jacket, diff color i mean? maybe it's the lighting..

thats what I thought too but I think its the lighting or rather the lack of it in the second pic.

I also don't think that it's the same jacket,It happens that people buy the same clothes in different colours,QR did it before with a jacket from YSL that she bought in three different colours(Red,Kaki,and white).

Both pictures are taken in natural sun light.

Indeed, they seem like different jackets to me.

I think it's the same jacket but the lighting in the 2nd photo isn't as good as in the 1st.

Designers

At first glance, I thought the yellow blouse she wore was Carolina Herrera from fall/winter 2005-2006. But I looked at the designer's clothes again, and they look similar but aren't the same.

I also thought I recognized the blazer she wore during the Irish state visit, but I can't find it anywhere on Style.com.

Does anyone know who the designers are?

Designer

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Gray check jacket and vest. (Profimedia & BNA)
1. February 14, 2006 - Irish state visit
2. February 20, 2006 - Bahrain

I believe the blazer/vest comes from Valentino fw2005-06.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
1. October 31, 2005 Iftar banquet for orphans (Petra)
2. November 20, 2005 student debate on terrorism (Assoc. Press)
February 23, 2006 - Turkey (Yahoo/Reuters and AP)
Same grey jacket as the above pictures.
Does anyone think the blouse might be the same as the one worn for the Oprah interview? although the lighting in both pics is different so its hard to tell.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Queen Rania on Oprah on January 23, 2006.

Adamari said:
I believe the blazer/vest comes from Valentino fw2005-06.

I had a slight suspicion they could be from the Valentino collection. Im still not sure though because I've seen this style and fabric in the collections of several other designers.

White jacket - great to see this stylish and tailored piece again (Pics from DPA)

1. October 23, 2002 - German state visit
2. February 22, 2006 - Turkey

~*~Humera~*~ said:
White jacket - great to see this stylish and tailored piece again (Pics from DPA)

1. October 23, 2002 - German state visit
2. February 22, 2006 - Turkey
I agree! Nice to see this beautiful jacket again.

Last edited by a moderator:
~*~Humera~*~ said:
February 23, 2006 - Turkey (Yahoo/Reuters and AP)
Same grey jacket as the above pictures.
Does anyone think the blouse might be the same as the one worn for the Oprah interview? although the lighting in both pics is different so its hard to tell.

The blouse is definitely the same as on Oprah. The skirt suit worn in Turkey looks blue to me and with more denim-like fabric than the grey jacket which looks more tweedy. It could be the same designer (as the cut is very alike) but not an actual repeat - at least in my opinion :)

TC
Love
Barbara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom