The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 06:34 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

these two outfits worn in the same day
This post and This post
are two of the best she has worn in the past few events (including the borwn jacket, white skirt outfit). The blue leather jacket add's much color, dress looks nice underneth it.
The other outfit is elegent, like all the ruffles on the top.

Old 05-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

May 18, 2007 - picture

Old 05-18-2007, 05:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Rania at the opening on the WEF 18th May 2007
ANP
ANP
Old 05-18-2007, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Queen Rania at the opening on the WEF 18th May 2007
ANP
ANP
isnt this a recycled outfit? i think this is the second time shes worn it, ill look for the pictures. Its a nice outfit, i like the different shades on the skirt but imo i think she couldve matched it with a nicer white jacket, i dont like the rope trimmings
Old 05-19-2007, 08:02 AM
Heir Apparent

I didn't actually recognise the skirt, I thought it looked new...
Old 05-19-2007, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I didn't actually recognise the skirt, I thought it looked new...
Worn on May 4, 2007 when giving a speech at Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government - picture
Old 05-19-2007, 01:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow! I didn't recognise it at all, it looks completely different this time. Last time I thought it had a floral pattern but it was actually ruffles.
Old 05-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Rania at the WEF (19/05/2007)
ANP
The belt seems to be a repeat to me and I think the jacket is as well.

Queen Rania moderating a session at the WEF wearing a slogan T shirt, I think it says "Empower Crew" (19/05/2007
ANP
Old 05-19-2007, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Wow! I didn't recognise it at all, it looks completely different this time. Last time I thought it had a floral pattern but it was actually ruffles.
it doesnt look like a ruffled skirt, i think its just printed & the way she is sitting makes the print fold which looks like a ruffle
Old 05-19-2007, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Queen Rania at the WEF (19/05/2007)
ANP
The belt seems to be a repeat to me and I think the jacket is as well.
Im not too sure about the belt but the jacket was worn;
Children's museum in Amman - April 18, 2007

Quote:
Queen Rania moderating a session at the WEF wearing a slogan T shirt, I think it says "Empower Crew" (19/05/2007
ANP
a t-shirt?very unproffesional imo, no matter what was on it, she couldve worn a jacket or a sweater over the t-shirt.
The t-shirt would look maybe okay if she was at the Young Leaders conference.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
a t-shirt?very unproffesional imo, no matter what was on it, she couldve worn a jacket or a sweater over the t-shirt.
The t-shirt would look maybe okay if she was at the Young Leaders conference.
I think I'll wait until there's more information about the session and what the shirt was promoting before I pass judgement. I'm assuming it was some campaign slogan linked to the session, "Defining Global Citizenship: From Philanthropy to Activism". If that's the case then it's perfectly acceptable, imo.

After all, it's not as though she wore it to the opening, to meet and greet guests or at the other events linked to the WEF.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

a black skirt & top or its a dress with a brown belt, May 20, 2007 - picture

Its a beautiful outfit i think but isnt it abit too much for a daytime event? Well, i guess thats why she matched it up with a brown belt.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

From that photo it looks like it's cotton, similar to the shirt dresses that have been in fashion recently. It doesn't look too dressy to me, although I don't like that belt, as the dress already has what seems to be a sash around the middle.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:40 PM
Aristocracy

The t-shirt would look maybe okay if she was at the Young Leaders conference.[/quote]

The t-shirt is to collect money against aids in Africa. The Inspi (red) campaign.

Old 05-20-2007, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
From that photo it looks like it's cotton, similar to the shirt dresses that have been in fashion recently. It doesn't look too dressy to me, although I don't like that belt, as the dress already has what seems to be a sash around the middle.
maybe she wore the belt since the middle part wouldnt of shown much since the top, skirt were black
Old 05-20-2007, 04:24 PM
Heir Apparent

I think you're right, dazzling and she wore the belt because the entire dress is black. She should have gone for a much chunkier belt in that case, as the sash is still clearly visible with the borwn belt.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:55 AM
Commoner

Quote:
I think I'll wait until there's more information about the session and what the shirt was promoting before I pass judgement. I'm assuming it was some campaign slogan linked to the session, "Defining Global Citizenship: From Philanthropy to Activism". If that's the case then it's perfectly acceptable, imo.

After all, it's not as though she wore it to the opening, to meet and greet guests or at the other events linked to the WEF.
I'm not sure what Queen Rania was promoting during the event, but the shirt is sold by The Gap. It is part of a line of clothing and other things such as red cell phones from motorola, that they sell that is made in poorer areas of the world. I have same shirt and mine was made in South Africa. RED is large multi-company fundraiser for AIDS work. The shirt is cotton, and honestly, I think she had hers tailored, it fits her better than I've ever seen it fit anyone else. The white part is not part of the shirt. I like how she wore the undershirt, it makes it look better in general.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Queen Rania at the IWF conference (16/05/2007-Petra)
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...alty/2506I.jpg
From the second photo, it looks to me like that may be a dress underneath the jacket.
May 22, 2007 Recycled for the second time, the skirt. You can see part of it. great colors of combintation on that outfit, the red, the bottomw part (greyish green maybe ) and a white belt.I dont know if i really like it, but its intresting..
Picture

Jordan's Queen Rania (C) poses for a photo during a visit to the kingdom's first interactive children's museum in Amman May 22, 2007. REUTERS/Ali Jarekji (JORDAN) Via yahoo news

Picture - im not sure if this is a recycled skirt, looks familiar though. Its time to celebrate, looks like Queen Rania has lost the belt for the day, or is it too soon too talk?
Old 05-23-2007, 05:37 AM
Heir Apparent

That ultra dark shade of red/maroon really suits Rania, it's nice to see her wearing it during the day as she usually wears that colour at gala events.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:29 AM
Courtier

Queen Rania has definately fallen in love with black colour. We have to admit it suits her very much though it is a difficult colour to wear it almost every day.

Tags
fashion, queen rania