Queen Rania's Accessories Part 1: December 2003 - June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Monalisa said:
actually i don't see any inspiration from jordanian traditionnal dresses made by givenchy and Elie saab:confused:

BTW,It's clear for the red/ruby dress ,the oriental inspiration,i don't knwo who's the designer?

Elie Saab is a middle eastern designer so his dresses are always inspired in one way or another by middle eastern clothing. As for the blue dress, I was wondering if I should post that one or not but I decided to because it's not altogether "western"
Fashion designers often take their inspiration from various cultures. But it would be very difficult to point out the origin of these inpirations especially if they're not that obvious. I dont want to nitpick. I think the blue dress has an oriental touch. You can chose to look at it the way you'd like.

abir said:
Lovely collections Humera. Thanks.
I wonder if rania dress is the same what the model wears of elie saab; Fall-Winter 2003-2004?
Yellow motifs look bit similar; maybe a front picture of rania can say more.

you're welcome abir.
You know I was wondering the same thing when I saw that pic a few days ago. But I wasn't sure. Now that I look at them together, its quite clear that the tie-dye pattern is the same and so is the embroidery.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Elie Saab is a middle eastern designer so his dresses are always inspired in one way or another by middle eastern clothing. As for the blue dress, I was wondering if I should post that one or not but I decided to because it's not altogether "western"
Fashion designers often take their inspiration from various cultures. But it would be very difficult to point out the origin of these inpirations especially if they're not that obvious. I dont want to nitpick. I think the blue dress has an oriental touch. You can chose to look at it the way you'd like.

Elie saab is a lebanese designer who made his proofs and evidences in western fashion whatever the inspiration ,to be accepted in the design tight circle by firsly being a member of the so called "l'académie française du design et de la haute couture" and "la chambre syndicale française de la haute couture"

The blue dress posted above is not by Elie saab,but by Givenchy!

Last edited:
QN has her own oriental dress style, which I like very much.
However I don’t see it similar 100% to Jordanian traditional dress; Most of her dresses have motif/fabric similar to Indian motifs/materials ...
I wonder who make QN dresses. Is a Jordanian designer?

In the other side, I guess Rania will never wear something similar to what QN or anybody else wears. She is a queen/first lady, and I believe she wants to be different from others and she will not copy them. Each has his own style.

Rania wears outfits with oriental inspiration from elie saab, plus of that they are oriental and very elegant dresses; so everyone who will see rania wearing that type of dresses will love that kind of dresses from Arab country/designer (traditional or not); since elie saab designs are inspired from ME region/history … he belongs to western high couture; but he works daily in Beirut, and he is lebanese; so we can't say he doesn't have any inspiration from orient ... his work has something different what other designers don't have.

Yet, I don’t know if there are starter fashion designers (like elie saab) in Jordan, so that rania can wear their outfits. Rania can also encourage jordanian traditional designers to introduce some fashion touches on traditional dresses … However it’s not a necessity since around the world some countries do and some prefer keeping traditional dress as it is and as it was since centuries :)

Last edited:
Monalisa said:
Elie saab is a lebanese designer who made his proofs nad evidence in western fashion whatever the inspiration ,to be accepted in the design tight circle by firsly being a member of the so called "l'académie française du design et de la haute couture"!

The blue dress posted above is not by Elie saab,but by Givenchy!

I know that. I was referring to the yellow dress.
And I also know that Elie Saab is a Lebanese designer. All one needs to is look at his catwalk shows and see that there's middle eastern influences in almost all of them. Im not saying this myself but if you listen to fashion watchers and watch Fashion File or Fashion television, you'll see that they always mention it as well. Thats what makes his clothes so different and feminine.
Once again, I know that the pictures of the dresses I've posted aren't all by Jordanian or even ME designers. My intention was to post pictures of dresses that are either wholly traditional or have the traditonal look/touches.
Which is precisely why I posted a clarification of what I considered "traditional"
I was hoping to avoid arguments and misunderstanding like this so people could just enjoy the pictures of Rania's clothes.
So, once again, try not to read too much into it.
*sigh*

abir said:
QN has her own oriental dress style, which I like very much.
However I don’t see it similar 100% to Jordanian traditional dress; Most of her dresses have motif/fabric similar to Indian motifs/materials ...

thats what I meant. Rania doesnt have to wear dresses just by Jordanian or ME designers to showcase her ME/oriental style. If she does then good for her.
But unfortunately, I knew some people would try to nitpick and make an argument out of it.
Sometimes you just cant get a break!

I'm talking about jordanian inspiration,not only oriental as used Elie saab to do in some of his "haute couture" dresses,rania used to wear jordanian dresses before,bot not now any more.

In the opposit,if she made more knowen "Elie saab" ,even he was already famous in ME and Europe(since 1998 so before rania became a queen ,he alraedy opened his factory under his name of designer in Milano)!, before dressing rania!

She could encourage jordanian designers,but it seems it's not her preference,there are two young jordanian designers: Fatena&Abla Osfour,who used to participate in international events for fashion,and who make very nice contemporary dresses with jordanian inspiration,but rania never wore their dresses!

Monalisa said:
I'm talking about jordanian inspiration,not only oriental as used Elie saab to do in some of his "haute couture" dresses,rania used to wear jordanian dresses before,bot not now any more.

In the opposit,if she made more knowen "Elie saab" ,even he was already famous in ME and Europe(since 1998 so before rania became a queen ,he alraedy opened his factory under his name of designer in Milano)!, before dressing rania!

She could encourage jordanian designers,but it seems it's not her preference,there are two young jordanian designers: Fatena&Abla Osfour,who used to participate in international events for fashion,and who make very nice contemporary dresses with jordanian inspiration,but rania never wore their dresses!

Well then thats a different argument and you should clarify that. But you've turned this into a debate about what's traditional and what isnt. And I have no time to debate that.
The pictures I've posted aren't exclusively about Jordanian designers and that wasnt my intention. Lets leave it at that.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
you're welcome abir.
You know I was wondering the same thing when I saw that pic a few days ago. But I wasn't sure. Now that I look at them together, its quite clear that the tie-dye pattern is the same and so is the embroidery.
Yes .. sometime is difficult to see similarities between original dress and what rania has :)

Picture of rania from rania' pictures threads.

Prada, Fall 2002-RTW

Attachments

• London+++11+Nov+02+%231.jpg
    London+++11+Nov+02+%231.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 3,297
  • 100062226.jpg
    100062226.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 2,299
wonderful taditional dress...they are wonderful.Is just peat that must of the dress we can not see in all esplendor.
Still the god work.
A better view from a traditional dress.

Attachments

• 2348266.jpg
    2348266.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 460
Last edited:
Humera, thank you for your wonderful series on the traditional/inspired dresses. I really enjoyed it!

Monalisa said:
Nice,but the question is why rania wore those traditionnal dresses only for local events and visits?

Since now she's supposed to be a "fashion icon",and her taste is supposed to be to classy without any fashion mistakes:confused: why she doesn't weare them outside,to make them more knowen as did queen noor at the spanish wedding,and lastely when she met many celebrities(Ricky martin...) in USA,or like in the state visit which she did with late king Hussein to spain!:cool:

She has worn a traditional-style dress once in Washington DC in 2003. It was the same dress she wore to the Jerash Festival few months earlier. But you are right she could wear them more often and especially overseas too. They are so beautiful and it would make people notice Jordan more and perhaps make the career of an aspiring Jordanian designer. There has been a lot of wonderful embroidery and Arabic-style clothes, particularly tunics, that I have seen in the latest designer collections and in fashion magazines, so it's not as if it would look out of place for Queen Rania to wear her beautiful traditional dresses outside of Jordan.

Scarves and Neck-ties

I thought the wearing of scarves and neck-ties was one lovely touch that Queen Rania added to her wardrobe throughout 2003-2004.

From Cover and Getty:

Attachments

• CAG1SL0F.jpeg
    CAG1SL0F.jpeg
    37 KB · Views: 353
  • CAMVOB9U.jpeg
    CAMVOB9U.jpeg
    40 KB · Views: 308
  • CAC5S94R.jpeg
    CAC5S94R.jpeg
    36.1 KB · Views: 284
  • 2110122.jpg
    2110122.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 320
  • 3158561.jpg
    3158561.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 279
  • 3102647.jpg
    3102647.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 268
  • 3030513.jpg
    3030513.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 289
  • 52116673.jpg
    52116673.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 291
  • 52116675.jpg
    52116675.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 320
  • CAGKAKP0.jpeg
    CAGKAKP0.jpeg
    36.6 KB · Views: 265
Yes, is a very nice touchet. Still, posting i am loving. I gona looking for new pics my self.

This is a wonderful ensemble! Queen Rania is wearing an actual tie, but it's uniquely tied around her neck.

From IBL:

Attachments

• Paris++++++++++++++++++%231.jpeg
    Paris++++++++++++++++++%231.jpeg
    23.1 KB · Views: 588
  • Paris++++++++++++++++++%233.jpeg
    Paris++++++++++++++++++%233.jpeg
    25.5 KB · Views: 631
Great idea Balqis.
Scarves are a great way of adding colour and patterns to an outfit, esp. as a substitute for necklaces and jewellery during the day. And Queen Rania has a beautiful collection. I noticed that she wore them almost constantly during her latest pregnancy.

~*~Humera~*~ But you've turned this into a debate about what's traditional and what isnt. And I have no time to debate that. [/QUOTE said:
Me either,but traditional dresses are one thing ,and "haute couture" dresses inspired with oriental touch is other thing,and we should not confuse the things as you posted dresses from Givenchy and Elie Saab like traditional dresses which are not!

Of course you are thanked for your labor and effort to post those pictures!

More pics of this beautiful blue dress by Giorgio Armani and Queen Rania wearing it.

Pics 1-3: Giorgio Armani Spring Summer 1996

Pics 4-5: Queen Rania in Italy, 2002

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 236
  • 009b.jpg
    009b.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 216
  • D20.jpg
    D20.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 266
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 792
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 502
Lovely pictures Balqis :)
Did rania wore also the pant like on the model?
It's rare when I see rania wear something from an old collection (1-2 years old). The blue dress she wore from Armani was from 6 years old collection !!

Pics 1-3: Giorgio Armani Fall Winter 2001 (coat and blouse)

Pics 4-6: Queen Rania in Britain, November 2001

Attachments

• Windsor6.jpg
    Windsor6.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 727
  • Windsor5.jpg
    Windsor5.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 2,544
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 234
  • 01F24.jpg
    01F24.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 217
  • 01F23.jpg
    01F23.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 228
  • Windsor3.jpg
    Windsor3.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 287
abir said:
Lovely pictures Balqis :)
Did rania wore also the pant like on the model?
It's rare when I see rania wear something from an old collection (1-2 years old). The blue dress she wore from Armani was from 6 years old collection !!

I think she only wore the dress, not the pants. It is very unique to wear something that was made so long ago, but that's a testament to Armani's style, it is timeless. Also when Queen Rania wore that dress the trend was to wear vintage. I guess this is her vintage dress ;)

Balqis said:
I think she only wore the dress, not the pants. It is very unique to wear something that was made so long ago, but that's a testament to Armani's style, it is timeless. Also when Queen Rania wore that dress the trend was to wear vintage. I guess this is her vintage dress ;)
Thanks Balqis for your answer to my question.
About wearing vintage ... I didn't know that; I thought rania follows only last trends of fashion.

Well that blue Armani dress was showcased at an Armani exhibition in 2003.
I agree that the look is quite timeless. Im assuming that Rania obviously didnt buy it in 1996. Maybe she had a look at the old catalogues. Or perhaps Armani liked the dress and brought it back in the latest collection like some designers do.

Thanks all for sharing opinions & information.
I understand when someone wears vintage because he/she recognize it as a valuable piece.
Then, I agree the dress is from ARMANI; but rania wore many from him and from others which were more beautiful. So personally I don't see what exception that vintage has to be worn after 6 years ... apart being fashion from the end of last century :)

Last edited:
Prada shoes

Attachments

• pra0069f-1p3874_t.jpg
    pra0069f-1p3874_t.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 2,244
  • a20huj.jpg
    a20huj.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 536
  • a2m0.jpg
    a2m0.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 384
Last edited:
Oh my! does she buy anything from Jordan besides the traditional wear?

P-I:Rania's casual wear

Attachments

• 2003+July++++++++%237.jpg
    2003+July++++++++%237.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 887
  • pre-SEEGER00099033.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00099033.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 367
  • 2002+August+%231.jpg
    2002+August+%231.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 705
  • 2001+August+%231.jpg