The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 03:57 PM
Courtier

the pictures what about i'm talking.

the 1st&2nd one are the original,the 3nd one the photoshoped one by "Balqis" from the arabic lebanese magazine!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rania dominique sirop dress.JPG
Views:	207
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	91506   Click image for larger version

Name:	sirop profile.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	91507   Click image for larger version

Name:	rania in sirop dress from arab magazine.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	91508  

Old 02-09-2005, 07:21 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monalisa
I agree with you joséphine and agree with the swedish newspaper!

Rania is not an european royal,she often wears inappropriate clothes for her as a queen supposed to be muslim and from a hachémite family now!

Question,if it is nothing for a muslim queen to wear sleevless and not very covred on the back and chest like in the spanish wedding(first picture),why the arabic lebanese magazine photoshoped her picture to look more coverd?

I think you have to look at the dress Queen Rania wore at the pre-wedding gala of CP Felipe as an exception. She has never worn anything that revealing at a public event like that. I was very surprised to see her wearing that dress like most people. I found it very inappropriate. No wonder her pictures weren't published in Petra. But if you look at many of her other evening gowns, they're very appropriate and stylish.
As for the Swedish state visit, Rania's outfits throughout the visit were very appropriate and infact she wasn't less covered than Queen Silvia or Princess Victoria. The press has a tendency to exaggerate at times. Everything should be taken with a grain of salt.
Here are the pictures from the visit. Comparing Rania's dress to that of the Swedish royal ladies there isnt a big difference, infact their outfits are quite similar in terms of how much they reveal.

Pictures 1-3. October 7, 2003
Pictures 4-6. October 8, 2003
Pictures 7-8. October 9, 2003
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1a.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	91999   Click image for larger version

Name:	1b.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	92000   Click image for larger version

Name:	1c.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	92001   Click image for larger version

Views:	167
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	92002  

Name:	1b.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	92003   Click image for larger version

Views:	195
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	92004   Click image for larger version

Views:	306
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	92005   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	92006  

Old 02-09-2005, 07:35 PM
Royal Highness

Gosh Ali makes Victoria smile rather earnestly
Old 02-10-2005, 12:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
I think you have to look at the dress Queen Rania wore at the pre-wedding gala of CP Felipe as an exception. She has never worn anything that revealing at a public event like that. I was very surprised to see her wearing that dress like most people. I found it very inappropriate. No wonder her pictures weren't published in Petra. But if you look at many of her other evening gowns, they're very appropriate and stylish.
As for the Swedish state visit, Rania's outfits throughout the visit were very appropriate and infact she wasn't less covered than Queen Silvia or Princess Victoria. The press has a tendency to exaggerate at times. Everything should be taken with a grain of salt.
Here are the pictures from the visit. Comparing Rania's dress to that of the Swedish royal ladies there isnt a big difference, infact their outfits are quite similar in terms of how much they reveal.

Pictures 1-3. October 7, 2003
Pictures 4-6. October 8, 2003
Pictures 7-8. October 9, 2003

I have to agree with you, Humera. That dress worn to the Spanish wedding is the only shocking dress or attire I have ever seen Rania wear. I also have to agree that she was well covered during her visit in Sweden. I don't see anything that should cause her shame. Previous pictures that I have looked at where a dress may reveal too much skin, Rania or someone has gone to great lengths to alter the originals to cover more of herself where needed. Maybe the alterations were not only for covering, but to add her personal touches to the dresses.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:50 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I agree with you joséphine and agree with the swedish newspaper!
well what i wanted to say that i think the royals think about from where the state visit is from Victoria had a dress that was more covered at the Jordan state visit then she had at the Nobel but it was the same dress
the Swedish papers did not point a finger regarding ranias dress but they pointed out that the female royals in Sweden was covered then usually in gala but never the less they have dresses with out bare shoulders before..
.I did not mean that rania's was less covered it was bad English from my side.
my opinion is that rania’s has never worn anything major revelling but other royals have and have gotten some opinions of that
Old 02-10-2005, 03:57 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Thanks for the name of the designer Balqis and the pictures abir.
That's what I meant by Rania modifying her clothes. In both cases, esp. the deep purple dress, Rania's version looks much better.
You are welcome Humera; and thanks to you for posting pictures by series. We see clearly how rania style changed especially in 2001 … maybe because she gets slim.

I believe when a woman is slim, cloths fit better on her than on fat lady. And maybe this led rania to be noticeable than any other woman … besides of course wearing designer cloths and having nice makeup ... but the body shape helps a lot.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:04 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who
QR looks nice in evening dresses that has been changed as some of the dresses that she has worn by several designers.Ex, the wedding of CP of Spain, the purple skirt and top was nicer than the one on the run way and a few of elie saab dresses.
What the problem is with QR is that she does not mix and match more than of of what she wears, she is always wearing things of the runway..Its kind of making a statement that she wants people to know that she is in designer cloths.Not only designer cloths are nice or looks good on.She has no sense of style in my opinion.

Fashion is when you mix around cloths and mix and match.Not sticking to one thing as it is shown.
I see your point Guess Who.
I think for gala dinners it is difficult to mix or match different designers outfits, yet it is good idea to mix designer pieces with some other basic and less expensive clothes to create an ensemble that suits rania style; like having normal pant/skirt and designer top/bag ... depends to which occasion/event she goes.
It is also important to mix/match clothes in terms of color, style and fabric. Ex, we can’t mix linen with nylon … and sometimes it is difficult to mix two designers outfits, since each has his own style. But knowing how much clothes rania has, it will not be difficult for her fashion advisers to match them.

What I remark also is that she wears designer outfits even to a simple visit inside Jordan.

To me, looking good doesn’t mean necessarily spending lot of money … especially for a woman who is already beautiful and slim; well fitted/balanced clothes are enough.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
No I meant that Rania modifies her clothing in order to suit her specific position. A European princess or queen might wear something that is strapless or shows cleavage, but Rania doesnt. CP Felipe's pre-wedding gala was the only event where she has worn something so revealing at an official, public event. For example, some of the Elie Saab gala dresses that bare one shoulder, a European royal would wear them but Rania modifies them to cover up the shoulder at least a little and still make it look stylish.
Here's two examples:
and I meant that if her dresses are modified it's not her sense of fashion
Old 02-10-2005, 07:14 AM
Courtier

wearing this dress in a day wedding with sleeves folded up(such informal)was probably rania's biggest fashion mistake
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0644P0060[1].jpg
Views:	140
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	92140   Click image for larger version

Name:	Queen Rania.jpg
Views:	804
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	92141   Click image for larger version

Name:	0644P0062[1].jpg
Views:	93
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	92142   Click image for larger version

Name:	0644P0061[1].jpg
Views:	89
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	92192  

Old 02-10-2005, 10:03 AM
Serene Highness

Hi!!

Just a reminder that this thread is to talk about Queen Rania's outfits. If you'd like to post photos of her Majesty that don't necessarily have anything to do with fashion, please post them in the Queen Rania photo thread: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=5005

Thanks,
Lyonnaise-
Old 02-10-2005, 11:44 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyonnaise
Hi!!

Just a reminder that this thread is to talk about Queen Rania's outfits. If you'd like to post photos of her Majesty that don't necessarily have anything to do with fashion, please post them in the Queen Rania photo thread: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=5005

Thanks,
Lyonnaise-
just to let you know, the pictures of Rania I posted were meant to illustrate what sort of outfits she has worn while carrying out official engagments and how her fashion has changed over the years. I took great pains to post pictures that showed her outfits in detail, with a few exceptions ofcourse.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:50 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommone
I have to agree with you, Humera. That dress worn to the Spanish wedding is the only shocking dress or attire I have ever seen Rania wear. I also have to agree that she was well covered during her visit in Sweden. I don't see anything that should cause her shame. Previous pictures that I have looked at where a dress may reveal too much skin, Rania or someone has gone to great lengths to alter the originals to cover more of herself where needed. Maybe the alterations were not only for covering, but to add her personal touches to the dresses.
yes you're right. While I completely agree with people who say that Rania should wear clothing that is appropriate to her situation as the Queen of a Muslim country, I have a big problem with some people who equate clothing with religious peity/devotion and objecitfy women that way. But thats another debate!
Old 02-10-2005, 04:55 PM
Royal Highness

Back in the topic....post more the picas are amaizing. Is great one you all post pics from the dress in the runway and in Rania, is coll se the change that she made.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Nobility

GIORGIO ARMANI SPRING/SUMMER 2003
Attached Images

Old 02-10-2005, 05:47 PM
Nobility

Rania picture dated 2004. it is not very clear ... but I guess it's Missoni' style.

MISSONI AUTUMN/WINTER 2003-4
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	51556298.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	92398  
Attached Images

Old 02-11-2005, 12:50 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Rania wearing a traditional top with a leather skirt, 2003
Actually, i don't like this combinaison and how it's done:o .

Do you think that the top is a traditional one?i don't think so,of course it's with oriental inspiration but it's not what we can call a traditional top!!!
Old 02-11-2005, 12:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by abir
Rania picture dated 2004. it is not very clear ... but I guess it's Missoni' style.

MISSONI AUTUMN/WINTER 2003-4

those are more pictures from the same event ,hope details are more clear!:)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	rania missoni2.JPG
Views:	381
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	92535   Click image for larger version

Name:	rania in missoni+suzane.JPG
Views:	234
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	92536  
Old 02-11-2005, 01:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
this the cover of the issue number3.158 of the spanish magazine holamagazine with the pictures of similarities between Proncess letizia and queen rania!

I was last week-end in Barcelona,and i bought this issue,i'll post more details about the comparaisons of the holamagazine!

Now,i'm quit sick, i don't have courage to scan pictures!
Old 02-11-2005, 10:14 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Actually, i don't like this combinaison and how it's done:o .

Do you think that the top is a traditional one?i don't think so,of course it's with oriental inspiration but it's not what we can call a traditional top!!!
I meant that the design is traditional. It may not necessarily by a Jordanian or even ME designer.
I think the leather skirt didnt go well with the top...but I have seen people wear tops like that with jeans
Old 02-11-2005, 10:15 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Rania's Evening/Formal wear

Attached Thumbnails

Views:	329
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	92594   Click image for larger version

Views:	140
Size:	45.2 KB