The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Rania at Versailles, 2002
I love this dress, such a romantic look, kind of like the tunics worn in medieval Europe. She is completely covered from the neck down and yet looks so elegant.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71866.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	90798   Click image for larger version

Name:	726904_05 copy.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	90799   Click image for larger version

Name:	726904_11 copy.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	90800  

Old 02-08-2005, 06:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
but was the dress not at the pre dinner event?
Yes it was at the pre-dinner event. My thought is at the wedding (which lasts 1-2 days) people wait to see only one person with a white/ivory/silver dress ... This person is the bride (it can't be someone else).
I thought about this last May when I saw rania dress ... and now even more since Dominique Sirop bride' dress was similar to what rania wore ... the only difference was the veil.

It is not dramatic ... just an opinion :)

Old 02-08-2005, 06:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
Rania at Versailles, 2002
I love this dress, such a romantic look, kind of like the tunics worn in medieval Europe. She is completely covered from the neck down and yet looks so elegant.
Do you believe Rania' dresses posted in #102, 103 and 105 are Arab/oriental styles made by jordanians designers? Thanks.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by abir
Do you believe Rania' dresses posted in #102, 103 and 105 are Arab/oriental styles made by jordanians designers? Thanks.
well I dont know the designers of those three dresses...but the black dress in post 103 certainly looks like it could have been designed by a middle eastern designer like Elie Saab.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
well I dont know the designers of those three dresses...but the black dress in post 103 certainly looks like it could have been designed by a middle eastern designer like Elie Saab.
It's actually Givenchy Couture. A very good member at Magickal Rania yahoo group found this information. Hope that helps :)
Old 02-08-2005, 09:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by abir
The blue one is by Alberta Ferretti (102), the dark red and green (105) is Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture. Again, I just want to add the info came from a Magickal Rania group member. She does an excellent job in hunting the runway pics.

I haven't heard of any Jordanian designers, have you?
Old 02-08-2005, 10:06 PM
Nobility

These 2 dresses from 1999 I adore, but have never come across any other pictures. Wish we could see more of the dresses.
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2005, 03:58 AM
Nobility

Thanks Humera & Balqis for answer and giving the names of designers. Nice to see the same dress on the model and on rania; since rania always add her own touch.

Picture of rania posted before by Humera.

GIVENCHY AUTUMN/WINTER 2003-4 COUTURE
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	rania09a.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	91135  
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2005, 04:08 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balqis
the dark red and green (105) is Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture.
Yes, it's right. Thanks Balqis. Looking to the original dress; on rania it is beautiful and elegant :)
Picture of rania posted before by Humera.

JEAN PAUL GAULTIER AUTUMN/WINTER 2002-3 COUTURE
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	71866.jpg
Views:	1049
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	91137  
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2005, 04:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:
she modifies her clothing
I've seen people with special position like royalties making changes in designer's clothes,and i dont think the modifications are made by Rania but maybe by her fashion adviser or the designer himself
Old 02-09-2005, 05:18 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balqis
I haven't heard of any Jordanian designers, have you?
No, I haven't heard about that. But since Rania wears nice outfit, and she wore from the Lebanese designer (Elie Saab), I wonder if she encourages starters designers in Jordan.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:11 AM
Nobility

Caption: Jordans King Abdullah II and his wife Queen Rania pose with Christians religious leaders for Christmas December 27, 2001 at the Royal Palace in Amman, Jordan.

DOLCE & GABBANA AUTUMN/WINTER 2001-2
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	689110.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	91155  
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2005, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_girl
I've seen people with special position like royalties making changes in designer's clothes,and i dont think the modifications are made by Rania but maybe by her fashion adviser or the designer himself
No I meant that Rania modifies her clothing in order to suit her specific position. A European princess or queen might wear something that is strapless or shows cleavage, but Rania doesnt. CP Felipe's pre-wedding gala was the only event where she has worn something so revealing at an official, public event. For example, some of the Elie Saab gala dresses that bare one shoulder, a European royal would wear them but Rania modifies them to cover up the shoulder at least a little and still make it look stylish.
Here's two examples:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1439738.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	91350   Click image for larger version

Name:	616187_b.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	91351  
Old 02-09-2005, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the name of the designer Balqis and the pictures abir.
That's what I meant by Rania modifying her clothes. In both cases, esp. the deep purple dress, Rania's version looks much better.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:23 AM
Majesty

Quote:
No I meant that Rania modifies her clothing in order to suit her specific position. A European princess or queen might wear something that is strapless or shows cleavage, but Rania doesnt. CP Felipe's pre-wedding gala was the only event where she has worn something so revealing at an official, public event. For example, some of the Elie Saab gala dresses that bare one shoulder, a European royal would wear them but Rania modifies them to cover up the shoulder at least a little and still make it look stylish.
Here's two examples:
at the swedish state visit Victoria wore a gown very coverd up
the same gown she wore in a very different style at the nobel the same year
the swedish papers wrote that the queen and princesses was more coverd then rania
Old 02-09-2005, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
at the swedish state visit Victoria wore a gown very coverd up
the same gown she wore in a very different style at the nobel the same year
the swedish papers wrote that the queen and princesses was more coverd then rania
yes I know. But Rania was pretty covered too. At the first dinner, she was entirely covered from neck down. At the second dinner, she had one arm showing.
btw..that was an exception. My point was about gowns that show cleavage and are sleeveless or strapless. All European royal women wear outfits like that at one occassion or another.
Old 02-09-2005, 04:27 PM
Courtier

this the cover of the issue number3.158 of the spanish magazine holamagazine with the pictures of similarities between Proncess letizia and queen rania!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	holacomparaisonqr&pl.JPG
Views:	202
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	91497   Click image for larger version

Name:	rania leticia similaritieshola comparaison.JPG
Views:	621
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	91499  
Old 02-09-2005, 04:35 PM
Courtier

I think that the similarities made by the holamagazine are only because the two ladies follow the tendency of the fashion, so the style seems to be the same,anybody who follows the tendency of the fashion could be compared to them!nothing extraordianry in both of the two styles!

The difference that princess Letizia follows the tendency of the fashion by making the spanish designers more knowen ,most of her clothes are made by young and still unknowen spanish designers, but queen rania usees ans abuses the famous designers like armani,chanel,givenchy, dolce&gabanna...

The result is the same, but for queen rania it coasts more expensive than for princess Letizia who promote her country's fashion in the same time without being very spender as it's for rania!
Old 02-09-2005, 04:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
yes I know. But Rania was pretty covered too. At the first dinner, she was entirely covered from neck down. At the second dinner, she had one arm showing.
btw..that was an exception. My point was about gowns that show cleavage and are sleeveless or strapless. All European royal women wear outfits like that at one occassion or another.

I agree with you joséphine and agree with the swedish newspaper!

Rania is not an european royal,she often wears inappropriate clothes for her as a queen supposed to be muslim and from a hachémite family now!

Question,if it is nothing for a muslim queen to wear sleevless and not very covred on the back and chest like in the spanish wedding(first picture),why the arabic lebanese magazine photoshoped her picture to look more coverd?

This question is adressed especially to "Balqis" ,who photoshoped the original photo,and who's the photographier of that arabic lebanese magazine!

IMO, in arab world and especially lebanon they are used to see arab stars wearing "not very coverd " dresses!but for a muslim queen it's so shocking!
Old 02-09-2005, 04:56 PM
Nobility

QR looks nice in evening dresses that has been changed as some of the dresses that she has worn by several designers.Ex, the wedding of CP of Spain, the purple skirt and top was nicer than the one on the run way and a few of elie saab dresses.
What the problem is with QR is that she does not mix and match more than of of what she wears, she is always wearing things of the runway..Its kind of making a statement that she wants people to know that she is in designer cloths.Not only designer cloths are nice or looks good on.She has no sense of style in my opinion.

Fashion is when you mix around cloths and mix and match.Not sticking to one thing as it is shown.

Closed Thread

Tags
accessories, bags, fashion, queen rania, scarves, shoes