The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 04:46 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

I've posted these pics before but here they are again..
Queen Rania wearing Elie Saab during the State visit to Sweden in October 2003.
The same dress was worn by Debra Messing and Whitney Houston in 2004.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1 copy.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	89956   Click image for larger version

Name:	Elie Saab 1.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	89957   Click image for larger version

Name:	Elie Saab 2.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	89958   Click image for larger version

Name:	Debra Messing .jpg
Views:	132
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	89959  

Name:	Whitney Houston.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	89960  

Old 02-07-2005, 04:51 AM
Super Moderator

Rania in Elie Saab again, during a visit to the US in October 2003
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2b.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	89961   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rania dress copy.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	89962  

Old 02-07-2005, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator

1. Rania wearing Armani in Milan, September 2002
2. The same dress at an Armani exhibit in October 2003
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Untitled-1 copy.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	89963   Click image for larger version

Name:	s dress.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	89964  
Old 02-07-2005, 05:07 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
1. Rania wearing Armani in Milan, September 2002
2. The same dress at an Armani exhibit in October 2003
At an exhibit?????
Another pointer to the fact that Rania borrows her clothes from the designers??
Old 02-07-2005, 05:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
At an exhibit?????
Another pointer to the fact that Rania borrows her clothes from the designers??
yes I wouldnt be surprised if she borrows some of her evening gowns in particular. I have seen her wear jackets, skirts, pants etc more than once and twice but she doesnt wear most of her formal outfits more than once.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:12 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle
Thanks cute_girl and abir for all the photos. :)
You are welcome Danielle.

I agree with some members: it's always nice to see a woman wearing nice cloths/makeup and takes care of herself (or if she has money so others will take care of her). In other side, all this it does cost .... not everything is free. So if rania buys most of her gala outfits, then it's true, she spends a lot.

I come across this old article of the Time from: http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...1282-3,00.html

"If her pillow talk with Abdullah was political, Rania's early public profile was predictably centered on her looks and her wardrobe. There were comparisons to Jacqueline Kennedy and Diana, Princess of Wales, and she became a favorite of celebrity interviewers, gossip columnists, fashion magazines and paparazzi on both sides of the Atlantic. Inevitably, this led to criticism from Amman's salon society, where her fondness for designer dresses and expensive European vacations is viewed as inappropriate for a poor country squeezed between the conflicts in Palestine and Iraq. The gossips call her "the handbag Queen," and even serious commentators grumble about palace over-spending — including on Rania's Challenger jet. She calls the criticism "part of the turf," but adds: "If the gossip gets out of hand, I may have to look at myself and ask, Am I doing something wrong?"

What I see contradictory, is that rania wears expensive dresses which costs hundreds of thousands of $ during charity events.
If she buys those outfits, then it doesn't sound at all credible.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:19 AM
Nobility

PRADA AUTUMN/WINTER 2003-4
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	00030f-prada.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	89971   Click image for larger version

Name:	00040f-prada.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	89972   Click image for larger version

Name:	rania-1.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	89973   Click image for larger version

Name:	rania-2.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	89974  

Old 02-07-2005, 12:36 PM
Gentry

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommone
Hola magazine was wrong for that, and I think they are hitting way below the belt. Like another member wrote in one of Letizia's threads, it is tacky of them, and I couldn't agree more. Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone, but I thought a fashion victim was someone who can't dress...or doesn't have any fashion sense...
The article that talks about Rania as a fashion victim appears in ABC newspaper. It was written by BEATRIZ CORTÁZAR.

".. Rania de Jordania quien, aparte de monísima, es una «fashion victim» de las que no quedan. Rania usa y abusa de los valentinos, pradas, givenchys y guccis hasta en situaciones tan corrientes como pasear con sus hijos, hacer «footing» por algún puerto donde atraque su yate o ir a una reunión de una ONG con la alta costura como bandera..."

Translation as given by Elsa, M.:

" Rania of Jordan, who despite being a gorgeous woman, is a fashion victim, as there are few. Rania uses and abuses of the valentinos, pradas, givenchys and guccis,even in such current situations as strolling with her children, footing by the port where her yacht is anchored, or going to a meeting of a ONG (welfare organization), hanging on the high couture flag."

Old 02-07-2005, 12:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol_anglada
Is it possible that some of this fashion creators allows to Her Majesty wear this outfits free?
Truely I dont think so,many of their clients are celebrities(famous hollywood stars,royalties and...)if they give discount or give their products free to someone because she's famous and can be a live and walking advertisment for them then they wouldn't be able to make any money as far as all of their clients are famous!i know of no ordinary person spending 30,000$ on a dress!
Old 02-07-2005, 01:51 PM
Nobility

As I said before, I don’t know for sure if well known fashion designers give something for free, especially gala dresses that cost $$,$$$

But I heard some beginner designers they give gifts to celebrities; this helps them to be known: some sort of advertisement :)
Old 02-07-2005, 02:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by monamona
The article that talks about Rania as a fashion victim appears in ABC newspaper. It was written by BEATRIZ CORTÁZAR.

".. Rania de Jordania quien, aparte de monísima, es una «fashion victim» de las que no quedan. Rania usa y abusa de los valentinos, pradas, givenchys y guccis hasta en situaciones tan corrientes como pasear con sus hijos, hacer «footing» por algún puerto donde atraque su yate o ir a una reunión de una ONG con la alta costura como bandera..."

" Rania of Jordan, who despite being a gorgeous woman, is a fashion victim, as there are few. Rania uses and abuses of the valentinos, pradas, givenchys and guccis,even in such current situations as strolling with her children, footing by the port where her yacht is anchored, or going to a meeting of a ONG (welfare organization), hanging on the high couture flag."

I stand corrected. I thought Hola Magazine wrote the article. Also, there's no need for the atitude.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:01 PM
Aristocracy

I strongly believe that she gets discounts for her outfits or she buys many outfits for the price of one, that is why we see her wearing wearing many dresses from one designer on some particular times. I do not think that the queen pays for everything and I'm not sure we can compare celebrities to royalty, don't royalty get special treatment by designers? I'm not sure about that, but I heard that Donald Trump got his wife's wedding gown for a discounted price, so is it possible that a Billionaire gets a discounted price while royalty dont?
Old 02-07-2005, 03:44 PM
Royal Highness

Many celebrities just admit that they don't pay the close. Reson? fress publicity for the designer. Just repair that after Queen Rania start to wear E. S. now1 wear him a lot. Now you just listen speak about him. If you make a search in the net in queen rania, we gona found pics from E.S.. So she stay with wonderful dress and he don't sepend a peny in publicity. Many designer have this tipe of deals with celebritis.
I remember now, Sarah Jessica parker just pay half of the price from Manolo Blankis shoses and some are free, sooooooooo....they amke a deal and every one wine.
Old 02-07-2005, 04:26 PM
Nobility

I agree with you farah and micas: celebrities do publicity for fashion designers. I guess it's a very good idea, and maybe it's only for RTW (ready to wear) … not for high couture, since those cost a lot and they are unique models, so I can’t imagine designers ask celebrities to show a unique models which is already represented by a model during a fashion show.
Old 02-07-2005, 05:22 PM
Nobility

Hola magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommone
Hola magazine was wrong for that, and I think they are hitting way below the belt. Like another member wrote in one of Letizia's threads, it is tacky of them, and I couldn't agree more. Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone, but I thought a fashion victim was someone who can't dress...or doesn't have any fashion sense...
Can you post here the pictures of this hola magazine about Queen Rania?
Thanks
Old 02-07-2005, 05:45 PM
Royal Highness

I have that magazine, but my pc is in greve... i gona see if i can try. I don't promess be after wednesday because my cat is very sike and i have to go pick up to the vet. and tomorow is party day Portugal.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:18 PM
Gentry

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
you're right..tabloids hardly have the moral authority to criticize others, especially when it is the style and fashion of famous women they make their money from.
Queen Rania may wear a lot of designer clothes but she's no fashion victim because no one wears those clothes better than she does.
Ofcourse that doesnt mean I'm excusing her extravagance.
But she also does recycle her clothing contrary to what many people think and what I used to think. There was a great thread about the very subject on this forum a while ago.
The article that talks about Rania as a fashion victim appears in ABC newspaper (not a tabloid) It was written by BEATRIZ CORTÁZAR. when CORTÁZAR said Rania was a fashion victim, she did not mean what you & Sommone meant as you can read from the ABC excerpt:

"..Rania de Jordania quien, aparte de monísima, es una «fashion victim» de las que no quedan. Rania usa y abusa de los valentinos, pradas, givenchys y guccis hasta en situaciones tan corrientes como pasear con sus hijos, hacer «footing» por algún puerto donde atraque su yate o ir a una reunión de una ONG con la alta costura como bandera..."

Old 02-07-2005, 07:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
It is interesting to note that Rania doesn't always buy straight off the runway. Many outfits seem to be modified to cover more than the "Runway model" did.

She also usually looks better in the outfits than most of the models!

Really?In the spanish wedding rania coverd less than the model did in the catwalk wearing the dress from Dominique Sirop!,interesting that an arabic lebanese magazine photoshoped her photo (the 4th one),to look more covered :p
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	rania dominique sirop dress.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	90348   Click image for larger version

Name:	sirop profile.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	90349   Click image for larger version

Name:	_SIROPcatwalk.JPG
Views:	244
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	90350   Click image for larger version

Name:	rania in sirop dress from arab magazine.JPG
Views:	219
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	90351  

Old 02-07-2005, 07:29 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monalisa
Really?In the spanish wedding rania coverd less than the model did in the catwalk wearing the dress from Dominique Sirop!,interesting that an arabic lebanese magazine photoshoped her photo (the 4th one),to look more covered :p
Emmmmmm...Interesting observation..thanks Monalisa for posting the pictures (the ones in Madrid and the one in the Arabic magazine). In all cases, the pics of Rania in the Spanish wedding were not posted in Petra or in any jordanian press...
Old 02-08-2005, 01:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monamona
The article that talks about Rania as a fashion victim appears in ABC newspaper (not a tabloid) It was written by BEATRIZ CORTÁZAR. when CORTÁZAR said Rania was a fashion victim, she did not mean what you & Sommone meant as you can read from the ABC excerpt:

"..Rania de Jordania quien, aparte de monísima, es una «fashion victim» de las que no quedan. Rania usa y abusa de los valentinos, pradas, givenchys y guccis hasta en situaciones tan corrientes como pasear con sus hijos, hacer «footing» por algún puerto donde atraque su yate o ir a una reunión de una ONG con la alta costura como bandera..."

my comment wasnt about this article, I was referring to Hola magazine and the press in general.
They have no scruples about printing Rania's pictures and making money off them.
Anyway, the above article is exaggerated. It is an opinion expressed by the author, not the gospel truth. Rania has worn simple t-shirts and jeans many times on her vacations. I can post all the pictures here as proof.
I know she wears too many designer outfits, but I wont be unfair and exaggerate the matter just to make her look bad.

Tags
accessories, bags, fashion, queen rania, scarves, shoes