The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Rania in Traditional dresses

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	93687   Click image for larger version

Name:	1a.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	93688   Click image for larger version

Name:	1bb.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	93691   Click image for larger version

Name:	1c.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	93694  

Attached Images

Old 02-14-2005, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	93702   Click image for larger version

Name:	2b.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	93703   Click image for larger version

Name:	2d.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	93705   Click image for larger version

Name:	2e.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	93706  

Name:	2g.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	93708  
Attached Images

Old 02-14-2005, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	93713   Click image for larger version

Name:	3a.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	93714   Click image for larger version

Name:	3b.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	93715   Click image for larger version

Name:	3bb.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	93716  

Name:	3c.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	93717  
Old 02-14-2005, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	93723   Click image for larger version

Name:	4a.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	93724   Click image for larger version

Name:	2002.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	93807  
Attached Images

Old 02-14-2005, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	93728   Click image for larger version

Name:	5bc.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	93731   Click image for larger version

Name:	5c.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	93732   Click image for larger version

Name:	5d.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	93733  

Name:	5e.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	93734   Click image for larger version

Name:	5f.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	93735   Click image for larger version

Name:	5g.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	93736   Click image for larger version

Name:	1e.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	93808  

Attached Images

Old 02-14-2005, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Rania in Traditional dresses (btw just to clarify, by "traditional" im referring to both Jordanian traditional dresses and dresses with traditionally inspired designs)

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	6a.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	93743   Click image for larger version

Name:	6b.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	93744   Click image for larger version

Name:	6c.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	93745   Click image for larger version

Name:	6d.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	93746  

Name:	6e.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	93747   Click image for larger version

Name:	6f.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	93748   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1 copy.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	93749  
Old 02-14-2005, 12:05 PM
Courtier

Thanks humera to had take time to post those pictures,but the two pictures of the two dresses below are not supposed to be traditionnal dresses,they are made by jordanian designer,but they are not what we can call being traditionnal as it's for the others above!

Bad design from jordanian designers of dresses supposed to be contemporary dresses,the worst thing that rania wore during her queen days,but it was in the beganning !,she changed a lot from those days!
Attached Images

Old 02-14-2005, 12:05 PM
Nobility

Lovely collections Humera. Thanks.
I wonder if rania dress is the same what the model wears of elie saab; Fall-Winter 2003-2004?
Yellow motifs look bit similar; maybe a front picture of rania can say more.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2151654.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	93741   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	93742  
Old 02-14-2005, 12:12 PM
Courtier

Nice,but the question is why rania wore those traditionnal dresses only for local events and visits?

Since now she's supposed to be a "fashion icon",and her taste is supposed to be to classy without any fashion mistakes why she doesn't weare them outside,to make them more knowen as did queen noor at the spanish wedding,and lastely when she met many celebrities(Ricky martin...) in USA,or like in the state visit which she did with late king Hussein to spain!
Old 02-14-2005, 12:19 PM
Courtier

actually i don't see any inspiration from jordanian traditionnal dresses made by givenchy and Elie saab

BTW,It's clear for the red/ruby dress ,the oriental inspiration,i don't knwo who's the designer?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Givenchy blue.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	93768   Click image for larger version

Name:	elie saab flowers é.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	93769  
Old 02-14-2005, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monalisa
actually i don't see any inspiration from jordanian traditionnal dresses made by givenchy and Elie saab

BTW,It's clear for the red/ruby dress ,the oriental inspiration,i don't knwo who's the designer?
Elie Saab is a middle eastern designer so his dresses are always inspired in one way or another by middle eastern clothing. As for the blue dress, I was wondering if I should post that one or not but I decided to because it's not altogether "western"
Fashion designers often take their inspiration from various cultures. But it would be very difficult to point out the origin of these inpirations especially if they're not that obvious. I dont want to nitpick. I think the blue dress has an oriental touch. You can chose to look at it the way you'd like.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by abir
Lovely collections Humera. Thanks.
I wonder if rania dress is the same what the model wears of elie saab; Fall-Winter 2003-2004?
Yellow motifs look bit similar; maybe a front picture of rania can say more.
you're welcome abir.
You know I was wondering the same thing when I saw that pic a few days ago. But I wasn't sure. Now that I look at them together, its quite clear that the tie-dye pattern is the same and so is the embroidery.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
Elie Saab is a middle eastern designer so his dresses are always inspired in one way or another by middle eastern clothing. As for the blue dress, I was wondering if I should post that one or not but I decided to because it's not altogether "western"
Fashion designers often take their inspiration from various cultures. But it would be very difficult to point out the origin of these inpirations especially if they're not that obvious. I dont want to nitpick. I think the blue dress has an oriental touch. You can chose to look at it the way you'd like.

Elie saab is a lebanese designer who made his proofs and evidences in western fashion whatever the inspiration ,to be accepted in the design tight circle by firsly being a member of the so called "l'académie française du design et de la haute couture" and "la chambre syndicale française de la haute couture"

The blue dress posted above is not by Elie saab,but by Givenchy!
Old 02-14-2005, 12:50 PM
Nobility

QN has her own oriental dress style, which I like very much.
However I don’t see it similar 100% to Jordanian traditional dress; Most of her dresses have motif/fabric similar to Indian motifs/materials ...
I wonder who make QN dresses. Is a Jordanian designer?

In the other side, I guess Rania will never wear something similar to what QN or anybody else wears. She is a queen/first lady, and I believe she wants to be different from others and she will not copy them. Each has his own style.

Rania wears outfits with oriental inspiration from elie saab, plus of that they are oriental and very elegant dresses; so everyone who will see rania wearing that type of dresses will love that kind of dresses from Arab country/designer (traditional or not); since elie saab designs are inspired from ME region/history … he belongs to western high couture; but he works daily in Beirut, and he is lebanese; so we can't say he doesn't have any inspiration from orient ... his work has something different what other designers don't have.

Yet, I don’t know if there are starter fashion designers (like elie saab) in Jordan, so that rania can wear their outfits. Rania can also encourage jordanian traditional designers to introduce some fashion touches on traditional dresses … However it’s not a necessity since around the world some countries do and some prefer keeping traditional dress as it is and as it was since centuries :)
Old 02-14-2005, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Elie saab is a lebanese designer who made his proofs nad evidence in western fashion whatever the inspiration ,to be accepted in the design tight circle by firsly being a member of the so called "l'académie française du design et de la haute couture"!

The blue dress posted above is not by Elie saab,but by Givenchy!
I know that. I was referring to the yellow dress.
And I also know that Elie Saab is a Lebanese designer. All one needs to is look at his catwalk shows and see that there's middle eastern influences in almost all of them. Im not saying this myself but if you listen to fashion watchers and watch Fashion File or Fashion television, you'll see that they always mention it as well. Thats what makes his clothes so different and feminine.
Once again, I know that the pictures of the dresses I've posted aren't all by Jordanian or even ME designers. My intention was to post pictures of dresses that are either wholly traditional or have the traditonal look/touches.
Which is precisely why I posted a clarification of what I considered "traditional"
I was hoping to avoid arguments and misunderstanding like this so people could just enjoy the pictures of Rania's clothes.
So, once again, try not to read too much into it.
*sigh*
Old 02-14-2005, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by abir
QN has her own oriental dress style, which I like very much.
However I don’t see it similar 100% to Jordanian traditional dress; Most of her dresses have motif/fabric similar to Indian motifs/materials ...
thats what I meant. Rania doesnt have to wear dresses just by Jordanian or ME designers to showcase her ME/oriental style. If she does then good for her.
But unfortunately, I knew some people would try to nitpick and make an argument out of it.
Sometimes you just cant get a break!
Old 02-14-2005, 01:09 PM
Courtier

I'm talking about jordanian inspiration,not only oriental as used Elie saab to do in some of his "haute couture" dresses,rania used to wear jordanian dresses before,bot not now any more.

In the opposit,if she made more knowen "Elie saab" ,even he was already famous in ME and Europe(since 1998 so before rania became a queen ,he alraedy opened his factory under his name of designer in Milano)!, before dressing rania!

She could encourage jordanian designers,but it seems it's not her preference,there are two young jordanian designers: Fatena&Abla Osfour,who used to participate in international events for fashion,and who make very nice contemporary dresses with jordanian inspiration,but rania never wore their dresses!
Old 02-14-2005, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I'm talking about jordanian inspiration,not only oriental as used Elie saab to do in some of his "haute couture" dresses,rania used to wear jordanian dresses before,bot not now any more.

In the opposit,if she made more knowen "Elie saab" ,even he was already famous in ME and Europe(since 1998 so before rania became a queen ,he alraedy opened his factory under his name of designer in Milano)!, before dressing rania!

She could encourage jordanian designers,but it seems it's not her preference,there are two young jordanian designers: Fatena&Abla Osfour,who used to participate in international events for fashion,and who make very nice contemporary dresses with jordanian inspiration,but rania never wore their dresses!
Well then thats a different argument and you should clarify that. But you've turned this into a debate about what's traditional and what isnt. And I have no time to debate that.
The pictures I've posted aren't exclusively about Jordanian designers and that wasnt my intention. Lets leave it at that.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
you're welcome abir.
You know I was wondering the same thing when I saw that pic a few days ago. But I wasn't sure. Now that I look at them together, its quite clear that the tie-dye pattern is the same and so is the embroidery.
Yes .. sometime is difficult to see similarities between original dress and what rania has :)
Old 02-14-2005, 02:13 PM
Nobility

Picture of rania from rania' pictures threads.

Prada, Fall 2002-RTW
Attached Images

Tags
accessories, bags, fashion, queen rania, scarves, shoes