Queen Paola's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2003 - December 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you see one belated addition from King Albert and Queen Paola's visit to Liège on July 19, 2013:
http://1.lavenircdn.net/Assets/Images_Upload/actu24/2013/07/19/Belga_201307191307_16732077.jpg.h600.jpg (full view)
http://1.lavenircdn.net/Assets/Images_Upload/actu24/2013/07/19/Belga_201307191330_16733862.jpg.h600.jpg (upper part)
http://1.lavenircdn.net/Assets/Images_Upload/actu24/2013/07/19/Belga_201307191326_16733612.jpg.h600.jpg (close-up)
Does anybody know if the dress is new? All other recent outfits in July (cf. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f281/pre-abdication-events-july-2013-a-35400.html) -except Her Majesty's green Natan two-piece of course- looked familiar to me...

Last edited:
:previous:

That dress she wore in Liege has been a great choice!

Today, July 31, at the mass held for the 20th anniversary of the death of King Baudouin in Brussels Paola chose a combination in dark blue:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

Queen Paola suprises with a new look at King's Feast today

video and article

I love this new haircut. She's ageing stylish and gracefully.

Wonderfull surprise of the new look of Queen Paola. I like also her new haicut.

Queen Paola suprises with a new look at King's Feast today

video and article

I love this new haircut. She's ageing stylish and gracefully.

Wow that's a change and a surprise,I hadn't noticed the new hairstyle at the Mass earlier as Her Majesty was wearing a hat!

Nice surprise. The new haircut and color looks very good in her, it makes her look younger.

I'm probably the odd one out here as I don't like Paola's new haircut, it's too short for my taste and I preferred her previous style. At first I didn't recognize her! Changing the subject slightly; she looked good in black and I think her brooch is very pretty.

You're not the (only) odd one, HereditaryPrincess. I also don't like this new haircut, but in general I don't like short hair on women.

You're not the (only) odd one, HereditaryPrincess. I also don't like this new haircut, but in general I don't like short hair on women.

Neither do I, although some shorter hairstyles can look OK; I have a friend who has short hair with a side fringe, and it suits her (I have seen a photo of her with long hair, and she looks like a completely different person).

I'm probably the odd one out here as I don't like Paola's new haircut, it's too short for my taste and I preferred her previous style. At first I didn't recognize her! Changing the subject slightly; she looked good in black and I think her brooch is very pretty.
I too do not like the Queen Paola's current haircut. It makes her look harsh.

I am normally not a fan of short hair like that on women , but I think she looks fabulous...love the color too

I'm probably the odd one out here as I don't like Paola's new haircut, it's too short for my taste and I preferred her previous style.

I agree with you! and I can confirm that in Belgium, also in the press there were many and very mixed comments.
No, I don't like it...

Queen Paola and King Albert attended the annual Christmas concert of the Queen Paola Foundation at the Plaza Hotel in Brussels this evening, December 2, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

Queen Paola attended a ceremony to celebrate the 15th anniversary of Child Focus, the foundation for missing and sexual exploited children, at the Federal Parliament in Brussels today, December 3, 2013.

** Pic ** belga gallery ** apa/picturedesk gallery **

King Albert and Queen Paola viewed the exhibition 'The body of Indian Art' at the Europalia India International Arts Festival at Bozar in Brussels this afternoon, December 12. Europalia is held every two years to celebrate the country's cultural heritage.

** belga gallery ** apa/picturedesk gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

King Albert and Queen Paola attended a gala concert of the Chapelle Musicale Reine Elisabeth at the Palais des Beaux-Arts in Brussels this evening, January 28, 2014 - it was the launch of the celebrations of the 75th anniversary of the Music Chapel.

** belga gallery ** facetoface ** apa/picturedesk **

I am a bit behind on things. I just saw a picture of Queen Paola on another site and was really surprised to see her with lovely white hair. So I came over here to see when the change happened. I think I know why she cut her hair. I think she had been coloring her hair and decided to stop. I speak from personal experience on this.

About 4 years ago I was coming up on a hair appointment to have my color done, when I saw several articles on women who had decided to let their hair go gray. I had been wondering just how much of my hair was gray so I decided I would stop the coloring just to see what it looked like. When I went to my hairdresser, I told her she was going to think I had lost my mind. Actually, she thought it was a good idea. She told me that the best way to go about it would be to cut my hair really short, so that the difference between the dark brown and the gray would be less obvious. That was what we did and in the end the whole process took a good bit less than the six to nine months my hairdresser thought it would take. After I got through the whole process, I let it grow out some but I may be going back to a shorter version.

Getting back to Paola, she may let her hair grow out some more but I kind of like it short. Its different particularly for a royal.

King Albert and Queen Paola attended the screening of the film 'Talking to the Trees' about the sexual exploitation of children at the European Parliament in Brussels this evening, April 7:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

She looks nice and her haircut doesn't look that bad from here, but I think that's because her headscarf is covering it! This is off-topic but I love the second photo of Albert reaching over to Juan Carlos and Sofia to have a chat with them. A nice gesture.

She looks nice and her haircut doesn't look that bad from here, but I think that's because her headscarf is covering it! This is off-topic but I love the second photo of Albert reaching over to Juan Carlos and Sofia to have a chat with them. A nice gesture.

The headscarf is a lace mantilla often worn royal & non royal ladies in the presence of the Pope or at a Solemn Mass or Funeral.

Mantilla - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1 Queen Paola went to a hairdresser. But she wears badly her mantllla
2. Her coat and dress are recycled and too narrow
3. her Legs !! she should have worn a long dress as the Queen os Spain.
Very disappointed! Queen Mathilde should have done better

1 Queen Paola went to a hairdresser. But she wears badly her mantllla
2. Her coat and dress are recycled and too narrow
3. her Legs !! she should have worn a long dress as the Queen os Spain.
Very disappointed! Queen Mathilde should have done better

A longer dress would have been move appropriate & majestic looking as Queen Sofia.

The headscarf is a lace mantilla often worn royal & non royal ladies in the presence of the Pope or at a Solemn Mass or Funeral.

Mantilla - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks for the info, An Ard Ri. :flowers: I thought that it was a different headpiece from a mantilla, as I thought mantillas were only like Queen Sofia's. (I'm not Catholic, so am unaware of some traditions.)

Thanks for the info, An Ard Ri. :flowers: I thought that it was a different headpiece from a mantilla, as I thought mantillas were only like Queen Sofia's. (I'm not Catholic, so am unaware of some traditions.)

That's no problem,black lace mantillas are also worn by royal ladies at funerals ,here's Queen Paola wearing one at the funeral Prince Alexandre of Belgium in 2009.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Hw-yQLTJoHo/TKFzKUu6OMI/AAAAAAAAAYk/J8faGqQXXvM/s1600/Queen.jpg

Queen Sofia's Mantilla is slightly different to a regular one & is often referred to as a 'Spanish Mantilla'.

Peineta (comb) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom