Queen Paola's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2003 - December 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
A tragic, unanticipated occasion for Queen Paola -meeting with local authorities after a man threw explosives and killed several people in the city center of Liège on December 13, 2011 :sad::
http://www.newscom.com/nc/wmark/Newscom-ptsphotoshot706334?inputPath=/db/PTS/ptsphotoshot/docs/706/334.thm&fname=ptsphotoshot706334 (full view)
http://www.newscom.com/nc/wmark/Newscom-afplivefour192195?inputPath=/db/AFP/afplivefour/docs/192/195.thm&fname=afplivefour192195 (upper part 1)
http://www.newscom.com/nc/wmark/Newscom-rtrlfour955245?inputPath=/db/RTR/rtrlfour/docs/955/245.thm&fname=rtrlfour955245 (upper part 2, without coat and scarf)

Last edited:

I don't understand why she wears red. Or a yellow sharp. Black or grey had been more appropriated.

I don't understand why she wears red. Or a yellow sharp. Black or grey had been more appropriated.

This coat looks more like rug than an overcoat~ and the yellow scarf is all wrong too, imo. Q Paola looks rather disturbed in these photos, or maybe she's just having a bad day?!

Q Paola looks rather disturbed in these photos, or maybe she's just having a bad day?!

No, it's because of the event she attended - see Lina RdC's comment on that - it's been a
serious meeting after a gunman had killed and injured several people in a Belgian city, so no
wonder she looked that way.

Today, Queen Paola attended the annual Christmas concert at the Royal Palace and looked
elegant again:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Nice indeed but her jacket is to narrow.
For yesterday the King and the Queen came immediately , very appreciated in Liege.
This year small family at the Christmas Concert , even Queen Fabiola did not attend.

she needs another button on the jacket to close it more so her tummy isn't showing through. I do like the satin blouse against the velvet coat.

I love the bottom of this dress- great design!

The bottom of the dress is nice but I don't like the over all look of the outfit especially the white blouse hanging down.

Queen Paola at a New Year reception in Brussels today, January 11, wearing a nice recycled
female suit in blue and light pink:

** Full view ** Full view 2 **

Last edited:

Queen Paola at the second New Year's reception today, January 17, wearing an elegant female suit in dark blue:

Where are the days of Galas? I thought that Queen Paola's dress was too short to be a Gala, already in Russia; now again? Mathilde's dress is even shorter? I think that the BRF is no longer accustomed to Galas in the right sense of the word. Pity...

I love the sparkly coat on Queen Paola!

Queen Paola receiving the members of the Belgian Government and their spouses for a lunch at the castle of Laeken on January 24, 2012:
APA-PictureDesk (upper part, front view)
APA-PictureDesk (upper part, side view viz. jewelry)

Queen Paola at another New Year's reception in Brussels, today, January 25, wearing her
female suit with dots again that always looks quite good on her:

I'm on the fence about the polka dots, but am so in love with the pearl jewelry. Those pearls are whoppers!

On January 26, 2012 Queen Paola visited two projects in Mons (Belgium) which are both supported by the Foundation Queen Paola:
DSC_2824.JPG (full view)
DSC_2825.JPG (upper part)
http://www.nieuwsblad.be/Assets/Images_Upload/2012/01/26/A6PaolaNB.jpg.h380.jpg.568.jpg (close-up)
She looks very nice and comfy in this outfit i.m.o. (recycled jacket: http://www.newscom.com/nc/displayOpenDetail.action?searchString=rtrlfour955245&search1String=rtrlfour955245&search2String=t&dispOutput=grid&eaCurrentPageNum=1&bylinesearch=&locationsearch=&sourcesearch=&actionsearch=&postersearch=&attrsearch=&capwrisearch=&categorysearch=&scatssearch=&scodesearch=&specialsearch=&subjectsearch=&feature=rtrphotosfive&vg=false&sort=d&searchPhoto=Y&searchVideo=Y&searchText=Y&searchGraphics=Y&searchkey=%5B%5D&searchtype=newsearch&searchSet=no&searchSetName=&searchHZ=N&searchVT=N&daterng=) -wine red is such a great colour for Paola due to her vanilla complexion and blond hair. That scarf/earrings combination appeals to me as well, however I would prefer trousers in a warm shade. Incidentally, casually styled hair like in the picture above suits her much better, I think, since it appears longer then, flattering the queen's slightly heart-shaped face.

Last edited:

Queen Paola at another New Year's reception at the Royal Palace today, January 31,
looking very elegant in a silver/grey combination:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

I think this is a recycled dress but again as for Christmas sadly a bit to tight.
Wonderful necklace combination.

subsequent entry December 2011
Queen Paola at the annual Christmas Concert of the Queen Paola Foundation at the Hotel Le Plaza in Brussels on December 8, 2011 wearing a lovely combination in black and light lilac:
** With a jacket ** Full view ** Close up **
The queen’s shiny, wavy structured coat is gorgeous i.m.o.. Moreover, she looks very modern and fresh in her black/lilac combination beneath exhibiting an interesting asymmetrically but well tailored jacket (Paola aptly emphasizes its divided collar by attaching her pretty brooch correspondingly). Merely that skirt’s cut could be improved since it unnecessarily broadens her hip area.
Today, Queen Paola attended the annual Christmas concert at the Royal Palace and looked elegant again:
I think that Paola definitely wears an attractive looking combination of velvety and silky fabrics (which suit her excellently in general). Besides, I am quite partial to colour gradients, even if white-gray-black doesn’t really rank among the most fascinating ones ;).

subsequent entry January 2012
Queen Paola at a New Year reception in Brussels today, January 11, wearing a nice recycled female suit in blue and light pink:
** Full view ** Full view 2 **
This recycled female suit (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f63/queen-paolas-fashion-and-style-part-1-november-2003-a-1159-7.html#post1144423) has always been after my fancy. Finally, Queen Paola succeeded in choosing exactly the right jewelry to match with those two rather cold shades: blue and gleaming white pearls (no yellow gold or gemstones in warm tones) Queen Paola Pictures - Belgian Royals Host New Year Reception For Diplomatic Heads of Mission - Zimbio:flowers:.
Queen Paola receiving the members of the Belgian Government and their spouses for a lunch at the castle of Laeken on January 24, 2012:
APA-PictureDesk (upper part, front view)
APA-PictureDesk (upper part, side view viz. jewelry)
The queen looks incredibly elegant here having selected wonderful pieces of her fabulous garnet jewelry –if I only had found photos which show Paola’s entire outfit :bang:. I love that beautiful, vertically plus horizontally structured brown jacket anyway –it appears to have a very good fit.

I think this is a recycled dress but again as for Christmas sadly a bit to tight. Wonderful necklace combination.
I agree with you on Queen Paola's smart necklace combination and you are right -she rewore her chic outfit from Belgium's National Day in 2010: Newscom - Multimedia for Websites and Publishers (full view), Newscom - Multimedia for Websites and Publishers (close-up) ...unfortunately now, without a lovely hat, it appears kind of incomplete.

On February 1st, 2012 Queen Paola visited the "Heldenhuis" (The House of Heroes) in Halle, a center for children and teenagers:
APA-PictureDesk (full view with coat)
APA-PictureDesk (upper part with coat)
APA-PictureDesk (close-up with coat)
APA-PictureDesk (close-up only with jacket)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom